« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hardman was benched last year and he still doesn’t do well on anything else besides jet sweeps and screens. He sometimes makes a play as WR but it’s not enough to put him any substantial money.

Did I also mention he can’t block well?

If Hardman missed games and Skyy took over for awhile it would be a different story bc Skyy would be the one getting Hardman’s screens and jet sweeps.

Hardman is also easy to replace as a gadget player. You loved Calvin Austin in the draft. You really think that guy couldn’t do jet sweeps and screens with his speed?
There's so much wrong in here I don't even know where to begin.

He's absolutely running crossers well right now and he's getting open on seam/out routes as well. He's working well in the large parts of the field.

And what are you talking about 'doesn't block well'? I can think of at least 2 key blocks he's made to spring scores already this year. That's another area where he's made enormous strides. He's been, at worst, the 2nd best run blocking receiver on the team this year (MVS has been our best).

This is just seeing what you want to see at this point. I mean if you're honestly going to say you've been watching him this year and are gonna throw "and he doesn't block well" in there, then you're just not paying attention.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:47 AM 10-25-2022
Hardman was benched last year and he still doesn’t do well on anything else besides jet sweeps and screens. He sometimes makes a play as WR but it’s not enough to put him any substantial money.

If Hardman missed games and Skyy took over for awhile it would be a different story bc Skyy would be the one getting Hardman’s screens and jet sweeps.

Hardman is also easy to replace as a gadget player. You loved Calvin Austin in the draft. You really think that guy couldn’t do jet sweeps and screens with his speed?
Hardman can't block well? That's news to me. He always seems to block fine to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hardman can't block well? That's news to me. He always seems to block fine to me.
He absolutely does.

That comment is about as red flag as they come. Someone isn't paying attention.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:49 AM 10-25-2022
Hardman doesn't have that connection with Patrick to just make a move and flatten a route or stretch it and see the same thing Pat does, that's really the biggest detriment he has...

We're so use to seeing it with Kelce and Hill seeing a guy not be able to do it makes us question the issue.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:50 AM 10-25-2022

Skyy's an athlete, but dude....no.

Mecole "JET" Hardman doesn't just "do" jet sweeps, he'd downright special at them. He's a damn play maker with the ball in his hands. He's a legitimate threat to go the distance whenever he has the ball.

That ALONE makes him special player.

He has his warts, sure. I've spent enough time talking about them.

But don't let that detract you from the fact that he has some unique, special qualities.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 10-25-2022
Can we just give the Punts back to Hardman now, I'm tired of Moore doing them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Skyy's an athlete, but dude....no.

Mecole "JET" Hardman doesn't just "do" jet sweeps, he'd downright special at them. He's a damn play maker with the ball in his hands. He's a legitimate threat to go the distance whenever he has the ball.

That ALONE makes him special player.

He has his warts, sure. I've spent enough time talking about them.

But don't let that detract you from the fact that he has some unique, special qualities.
When you have a coach as smart as Reid, sometimes a really good approach is going to be stockpiling unique skill-sets.

Hardman's speed and slipperiness (yeah, it's a thing) is damn unique.

I'm not sure why someone would just hand-waive it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:52 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's so much wrong in here I don't even know where to begin.

He's absolutely running crossers well right now and he's getting open on seam/out routes as well. He's working well in the large parts of the field.

And what are you talking about 'doesn't block well'? I can think of at least 2 key blocks he's made to spring scores already this year. That's another area where he's made enormous strides. He's been, at worst, the 2nd best run blocking receiver on the team this year (MVS has been our best).

This is just seeing what you want to see at this point. I mean if you're honestly going to say you've been watching him this year and are gonna throw "and he doesn't block well" in there, then you're just not paying attention.
It's the "Patrick Mahomes doesn't trust him" thing. People gotta come up with any random reason they can think of to blame Mecole. People can't ever critique Patrick Mahomes, so the blames gonna go to Mecole.

Mahomes over throws Hardman? Mecole ran a bad route or Mecole gave up on the play.

Mecole isn't a bad player whatsoever and is the perfect 3rd/4th option on an offense. If this team can bring back a turd like DeMarcus Robinson, then they will have no problem bringing back Mecole.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 AM 10-25-2022
It's the "Patrick Mahomes doesn't trust him" thing. People gotta come up with any random reason they can think of to blame Mecole. People can't ever critique Patrick Mahomes, so the blames gonna go to Mecole.

Mahomes over throws Hardman? Mecole ran a bad route or Mecole gave up on the play.

Mecole isn't a bad player whatsoever and is the perfect 3rd/4th option on an offense. If this team can bring back a turd like DeMarcus Robinson, then they will have no problem bringing back Mecole.
Robinson kept coming back because he got paid peanuts, Hardman is gonna cost more than that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:56 AM 10-25-2022
Acting like replacing Mecole is easy is so laughable. Look at DeAnthony Thomas or fucking Dexter Mccluster. Fast guys that wish they could be even half the player Mecole is.

Mecole gets so much shit, because people are fucking idiots and have to have a reason to bitch.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:56 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Robinson kept coming back because he got paid peanuts, Hardman is gonna cost more than that.
I'd pay him $8/$9 mil a season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 10-25-2022

I will admit that Mecole is the only guy I've ever seen Mahomes get openly frustrated with as often as he does.

I think Mecole is just a bit of a goofball. And certainly earlier in his career, he struck me as being emotionally immature. Just a silly ass kid out there.

But I feel like we've seen growth there. I think he's taken to additional responsibility and we'll see him continue to grow as a veteran. I don't think he'll ever be a 'lockerroom leader' sort of guy, but I'm also not sure we need that from him. JJSS and MVS weren't early in their careers, that's for sure.

I just think there's an opportunity to buy low on a guy who can continue to be a big part of this offense going forward.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:58 AM 10-25-2022

Robinson had no great attributes. Despite all of his shortcomings Hardman still has elite speed and will get paid because of it. If it’s $12-15 million a year on Hardman or $20 million a year on Juju I’m taking Juju all day, can’t pay both.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you have a coach as smart as Reid, sometimes a really good approach is going to be stockpiling unique skill-sets.

Hardman's speed and slipperiness (yeah, it's a thing) is damn unique.

I'm not sure why someone would just hand-waive it.
Ask Mike Borgonzi who is basically 2nd in command in draft process after Veach. This is what he said about the Skyy Moore pick:

I asked assistant GM Mike Borgonzi what Skyy Moore brings to Chiefs that they might have lacked at WR: "He's dependable. He's going to run the right route and he's going to catch the ball.''

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) April 30, 2022

It’s no secret that Mecole has struggled running routes, catching the ball and doing his job well as a WR after 3 years in this system.

And yes Borgonzi is absolutely talking about Hardman here aka the guy who got benched for about a month last season and replaced by Pringle both on offense and ST’s.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:59 AM 10-25-2022
I did enjoy JuJu throwing Mike Tomlin under the bus.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 280
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up