ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A tradition like no other ****Official Masters Thread****
philfree 04:34 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'd love to see one tourney with the pros having to find their own golf balls when they hit.
I'd rather have people find my ball for me when I hit in the rough.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:59 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'd rather have the gallery walls to deflect my errant shots...
[Reply]
scho63 04:59 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
If you have never played a round with fore caddies, you should because it's fantastic.

Back in NJ when I belonged to a country club, I would use them often. Walking the course without a bag and having someone up ahead spotting every tee shot is perfection. Raking the bunkers, handing you clubs, cleaning your clubs, helping you read putts with local knowledge and telling you best place to aim for off the tee based on your skill makes it much easier to play 18 holes.

Very relaxing and more engaging as a group.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:23 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I play golf in shorts with music playing all the time, but I don't want to see the pros in shorts or hear music blaring on every hole.
I've had a guy thrown off the course for the music thing. Wear your ear buds or turn it down so low that no one can hear it. I go out to play, break 80, and hear the nature in peace, not to listen to your shitty playlist of shit music. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:56 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I've had a guy thrown off the course for the music thing. Wear your ear buds or turn it down so low that no one can hear it. I go out to play, break 80, and hear the nature in peace, not to listen to your shitty playlist of shit music. :-)
I agree with you but the general consensus is if you do that at a public club you are a total shithead. Its so annoying though I agree
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:51 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I had never ran into that until playing in a league here in Missouri.

SHUT THAT FUCKING SHIT THE FUCK OFF YOU INCONSIDERATE COCKSUCKERS!! :-)

Like you said, ear buds or nothing.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:05 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I had never ran into that until playing in a league here in Missouri.

SHUT THAT FUCKING SHIT THE FUCK OFF YOU INCONSIDERATE COCKSUCKERS!! :-)

Like you said, ear buds or nothing.

Nah, music is fine on the course as long as you follow simple rules and are considerate about those around you or that you are playing with.

1. Volume low enough that nobody else can hear it.
2. If other players are close enough to you, turn it all the way down while they shoot.
3. Groups ahead of you, or behind you, or on other holes should never hear your music.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:25 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Nah, music is fine on the course as long as you follow simple rules and are considerate about those around you or that you are playing with.

1. Volume low enough that nobody else can hear it.
2. If other players are close enough to you, turn it all the way down while they shoot.
3. Groups ahead of you, or behind you, or on other holes should never hear your music.
If they had adhered to those rules I would have no problem with it either.

Several times they had it blasting loud enough to hear from the next fairway. Let alone while you are trying to putt or tee off having it blasting from their cart in your group.
[Reply]
blake5676 11:44 AM 04-16-2024
1. Merge
2. 72 hole tournaments
3. No shorts
4. No music blaring
5. NO TEAMS

I play golf in shorts with music playing all the time, but I don't want to see the pros in shorts or hear music blaring on every hole.
The shorts thing is the only thing on this list I would disagree with. I give absolutely zero fucks about what the players are wearing. Do you really think a pro playing in shorts is any less respectful than some of the hideous "golf shirts" you see players like Hovland wear or any of Daly's pants? Or even more...then entire US Ryder Cup outfit in 1999 or whatever year that was?

There might be a way to have a few team events in a different format every year that could bring interest and excitement, but generally I think the President and Ryder Cups scratch that itch sufficely. Just get everyone back on one tour and be done with it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:54 PM 04-16-2024
1. Merge
2. 72 hole tournaments
3. No shorts
4. No music blaring
5. NO TEAMS

Real Victoria Secret women for caddies...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:51 AM 04-16-2024
"It's never even been a conversation for us," McIlroy said. "It's unfortunate we have to deal with it, and this is the state our game is in. I'm obviously here and going to the PGA Tour event next week, and I'll play the PGA Tour the rest of my career."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...-liv-golf-850m
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:21 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"It's never even been a conversation for us," McIlroy said. "It's unfortunate we have to deal with it, and this is the state our game is in. I'm obviously here and going to the PGA Tour event next week, and I'll play the PGA Tour the rest of my career."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...-liv-golf-850m
I remember when Rahm effectively said that too. Everybody has a price, perhaps the Saudis just haven't met his yet.
[Reply]
scho63 03:53 PM 04-16-2024
If you're a golfer with name cache but you're not winning anymore, I would take the money and run.

Not sure how they bring more guys over now. It seems to have stopped for the moment.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:34 PM 04-16-2024
I’d rather have another tradition. Maybe snacking or napping.
[Reply]
scho63 05:09 AM 04-17-2024
LIV may have a cut one day if they get enough golfers. Not enough guys yet.

I agree with a poster here who said some of these lesser PGA events have no top talent in them and 99% of the guys are no names. They suck.

So many former draws on the PGA Tour have stopped winning and golf has a new group of guys without a real dominant guy except Scheffler.

Spieth has sucked, Justin Thomas has sucked and quite a few others.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up