ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best weed killer for lawns with rocks landscaping
scho63 12:03 PM 03-19-2021
The last two weeks the weeds have come out and grown with vengeance all over the lawn between all the rocks.

I need to find something that will kill it all and last.

I prefer to have a ready-to-use product rather than a concentrate to mix in a sprayer I would have to buy.

The ground is hard and dry here in AZ so not sure if it is wise to water a little first before applying the weed killer.

I know Ortho and Roundup are the two big ones many homeowners use.

I don't have a huge yard but have weeds coming up all over. I'm sure the landscapers didn't put down a tarp to block the weeks or it was done poorly.

Any advice appreciated.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:07 AM 03-21-2021
This shouldn't be that big of an issue. Spot treatment of Hi-Yield Killzall or go all ghetto and make a strong salt water mix. Or get all 50's on it. On your hands and knees with a screw driver. It's not like this is a hop latent viroid on a high value crop that is threatening the other 30,000sqft. Just spray them with something easy or pull the motherfuckers.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:09 AM 03-21-2021
and if that doesn't work.

spray or pull the motherfuckers again.
[Reply]
2112 04:55 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. You have to have a permit.

Glad you came out of the spill OK. Some aren’t so lucky.

If it got in your eyes it might be a different story.

But you definitely need a carbon filter and eye protection if you’re going to use a hand sprayer.
It was in a backpack spray tank and somebody was taking it off the back of a truck and the spray wand got ripped off the hose under pressure. I saw a blue wave coming at my face and turned away but got it all over my shirt. I washed my shirt and then threw it in the garbage and worked the rest of the day shirtless.

DEP regulations were almost non existent 30 years ago. Dursban and chlordane were used regularly for termites. I think chlordane has like a 400 year residual. I treated my house with termidor (which is basically merit) less toxicity and longer residual and it works better because It destroys the colony.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:50 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Tri-mec for creeping charlie

Hell, I was in the yard today. Grass is not growing but found a patch of clover doing well.. Get the 24d from the basement
I have a sprayer with fold out wands to pull behind my garden tractor and use Trimec every spring to keep the neighbors creeping ****ing crab grass out of my lawn. Seems to be working well. $46 for a gallon at Tractor Supply and recenty found it for a little less at the big Nixa hardware store.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:52 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I have a sprayer with fold out wands to pull behind my garden tractor and use Trimec every spring to keep the neighbors creeping ****ing crab grass out of my lawn. Seems to be working well. $46 for a gallon at Tractor Supply and recenty found it for a little less at the big Nixa hardware store.
Psst.

Those are called booms. Fold out booms.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 07:31 AM 03-22-2021
Nuke it from orbit
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:47 AM 03-22-2021
Preen for off grass. Put it down once per month during the growing season. It will kill grass and anything else
[Reply]
scho63 08:41 PM 04-02-2021
75% of the weeds died. The other 25% said "fuck you scho63 I love this shit give me more."

Those bastards need something much stronger.

I may need Buehler's toxic death potion.
[Reply]
scho63 08:42 PM 04-02-2021
The Wasps so far are gone.
[Reply]
scho63 10:10 PM 05-25-2021
Well to tell you how this ended, about 3 weeks after I used the whole 1 gallon jug of Ortho Groundclear on my puny rock lawn with nasty weeds that enjoyed the poison, I got a letter from the community property manager.

Either the weeds go or I go.

Since I just wasted $35 fertilizing the weeds with poison and watching the fuckers grow 3-4 feet high, I knew it was time to go full Rambo.

I went to Home Depot and bought "The Torch" for $32 and two 16oz pony bottles of propane. The torch looks like a silver cane old people use with a soft grip at the handle, an adapter at the top end to attach the propane, an auto starter halfway down the tube, an on/off dial and a small metal flare put tube at the bottom to concentrate the flame.

I came home and for 3 1/2 hours I personally met and burned every single mother fucking weed on my property and a few stragglers from the neighbors.

This week the property manager said I had the clearest yard of weeds in the community and was shocked how clean and clear the yard was. I also made sure to burn off some brush and loose vegetation that was dried out.

Shit worked like a charm! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 PM 05-25-2021
LOL. Well done. Just don’t torch the house.

If you’re looking for other non-chemical ways you should YouTube weed zapper. I’m guessing it is similarly cathartic.
[Reply]
eDave 10:35 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Well to tell you how this ended, about 3 weeks after I used the whole 1 gallon jug of Ortho Groundclear on my puny rock lawn with nasty weeds that enjoyed the poison, I got a letter from the community property manager.

Either the weeds go or I go.

Since I just wasted $35 fertilizing the weeds with poison and watching the fuckers grow 3-4 feet high, I knew it was time to go full Rambo.

I went to Home Depot and bought "The Torch" for $32 and two 16oz pony bottles of propane. The torch looks like a silver cane old people use with a soft grip at the handle, an adapter at the top end to attach the propane, an auto starter halfway down the tube, an on/off dial and a small metal flare put tube at the bottom to concentrate the flame.

I came home and for 3 1/2 hours I personally met and burned every single mother fucking weed on my property and a few stragglers from the neighbors.

This week the property manager said I had the clearest yard of weeds in the community and was shocked how clean and clear the yard was. I also made sure to burn off some brush and loose vegetation that was dried out.

Shit worked like a charm! :-)

Haha. Got it in before no burns start too.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:39 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:

I came home and for 3 1/2 hours I personally met and burned every single mother ****ing weed on my property and a few stragglers from the neighbors.
Now that you have the flaming aids tree figured out, next time try the anti-freeze...
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:57 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
You definitely need Brawndo
ITS GAWT WAT PLANTS CRAVE!!!!
[Reply]
scho63 10:11 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Haha. Got it in before no burns start too.
Dumb luck! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up