ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 300
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:53 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I would say they were far more exacerbated by wasting scholarships on Timberlake and Elmarko. At least with those two the fact that they were shitty basketball players should have been something at least foreseeable compared to a guy engaging in rape the first time he set foot on campus.
The difference is they actually played vs Morris never played a single minute. Yeah, recruiting them probably didn’t help with the depth issue, but they did eat some minutes.

Even our worst season under Self in literal decades is better than Calipari’s UK in the NIL era, so that’s at least something.
Ah, yes, losing in the second round is substantially better than losing in the first (NIL was legal and went into effect in summer of 2021).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:54 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
hopefully hunter doesn't come back
Yeah, no. Everyone involved with this program should very much be hoping he does. Easily one of the best players in NCAA and would be even better on a team with actual shooting.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:55 PM 03-23-2024
You don't want to watch this team w/o Hunter. I promise you that. We need Furphy to stick around and sprout a pair of testicles and get some shooters around HD
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:55 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Ah, yes, losing in the second round is substantially better than losing in the first (NIL was legal and went into effect in summer of 2021).
It is, yes. Glad we agree that losing to Gonzaga is better than losing to St. Peter’s and Oakland.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 03:57 PM 03-23-2024
It is, yes. Glad we agree that losing to Gonzaga is better than losing to St. Peter’s and Oakland.
Or, you know, being Mizzou or K-State and not even being good enough to make the tournament.
[Reply]
DJay23 03:57 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Moreover, on a positive note, as I mentioned a couple nights ago, apparently with us winning in the first round, it was the 17th straight season a Kansas team has won at least one game in the tourney, that is second only to North Carolina's 18 year run from 1981-1989. Next year we can tie history, and in 2026, claim history. So that's something kinda cool to look forward to.
Those numbers don't check out on the Carolina run, but I get what you're saying.

That was all I really needed. I didn't want us to lose to a team that plays like a girls 7th grade team. And the streak is nice.

I think the first round choker thing has faded because of that, but remember after the Bucknell and then Bradley losses for a long time our name would come up when anyone would talk about first round choke jobs.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:57 PM 03-23-2024
Do you think the fanbase would still be at Calipari’s throat if he lost today instead of Thursday?

The answer is yes.

Also, pretty sure in Lawrence they don’t raise banners for making it to the round of 32 just like in Lexington. They might in Lincoln, NE though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:58 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You don't want to watch this team w/o Hunter. I promise you that. We need Furphy to stick around and sprout a pair of testicles and get some shooters around HD
This program won a title two years ago with a slow footed big with a limited offensive game with no shot blocking or passing ability. Yeah, HD is definitely not the problem with this group.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:00 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Those numbers don't check out on the Carolina run, but I get what you're saying.

That was all I really needed. I didn't want us to lose to a team that plays like a girls 7th grade team. And the streak is nice.

I think the first round choker thing has faded because of that, but remember after the Bucknell and then Bradley losses for a long time our name would come up when anyone would talk about first round choke jobs.
I dunno, I guess I blame myself for regurgitating a stat Scott Van Pelt puked up a couple nights ago. My bad.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 PM 03-23-2024
Do you think the fanbase would still be at Calipari’s throat if he lost today instead of Thursday?

The answer is yes.
UK fans have been asking for Calipari to get fired now for a literal decade now, so I’m not sure this proves what you think it does.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:01 PM 03-23-2024
I want athletic bigs who can actually add something to the game when shots aren't falling
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:02 PM 03-23-2024
I want athletic bigs who can actually add something to the game when shots aren't falling
I want shooting around one of the most skilled bigs in the country.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:02 PM 03-23-2024
He's been the bright spot
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:03 PM 03-23-2024
UK fans have been asking for Calipari to get fired now for a literal decade now, so I’m not sure this proves what you think it does.
This is the first time since after the 2015 loss that I think it’s impossible to defend him for season performances.

That’s including the St.Peters loss and 9-16.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:06 PM 03-23-2024

It's nice to play to your seed and for or a 4 or 5, that's the 2nd round. :-)
[Reply]
Page 295 of 300
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299 > Last »
Up