ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 488
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:31 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This.

Ward looks like he'll net us a 4th, though maybe a 5th with the Jags !@#$ing up the scale.

No other significant losses thus far, though. Mathieu's not going to get enough term for us to end up with a massive return there. Probably another 5th or 6th.

Comp haul isn't going to be as beneficial as what we lost, that's for sure.
Wouldn't the Reid signing cancel out the comp pick that we would receive from Ward signing with the Niners?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:31 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
God no. Just ****ing draft one if that’s your only option.
For sure invest in WR in the draft as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Another question for DJ or any other cap guru...

Is there any downside as a player to restructuring your deal to free up cap space? Or is it all upside getting cash up front?
Nope.

Well, I mean depending on what you're restructuring, I guess.

But 'base' to signing bonus, no. Not really. Because the franchise figure must be some percentage above your most recent salary but you wouldn't be restructuring as a pending FA (no additional years to bump it to) so there's no harm there. I guess if you were someone who might get tagged and you stuck void years on there and then bonused your base out into it, but you'd have to work pretty hard to fuck yourself there.

Roster bonus to signing bonus? Boy, I can't think of any.

The only reason a player might not do something like that is if they intend to use it as leverage to exact an extension and the team doesn't bite. So rather than buckle, they stand firm.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:33 PM 03-16-2022

Free agent money spent so far, by conference:

NFC: 222,000,000
AFC: 1,056,550,000

cooooooooooooool

— Taylor Witt ���� (@Taylor_Witt) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Wouldn't the Reid signing cancel out the comp pick that we would receive from Ward signing with the Niners?
Mostly.

I don't believe they cut him so he'd factor against the calculus. The hope would be that ultimately Mathieu is who cancels out most, if not all, of Reid's deal. But if he ends up settling for second wave money, yeah - Reid will wipe out most of Ward.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:35 PM 03-16-2022
Nope.

Well, I mean depending on what you're restructuring, I guess.

But 'base' to signing bonus, no. Not really. Because the franchise figure must be some percentage above your most recent salary but you wouldn't be restructuring as a pending FA (no additional years to bump it to) so there's no harm there. I guess if you were someone who might get tagged and you stuck void years on there and then bonused your base out into it, but you'd have to work pretty hard to fuck yourself there.

Roster bonus to signing bonus? Boy, I can't think of any.

The only reason a player might not do something like that is if they intend to use it as leverage to exact an extension and the team doesn't bite. So rather than buckle, they stand firm.

So what's the holdup on guys they can rework like Hill/Kelce/Thuney?

I understand Mahomes can't get done until Friday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:35 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So what's the holdup on guys they can rework like Hill/Kelce/Thuney?

I understand Mahomes can't get done until Friday.
Hill is going to get an extension.

Kelce and Thuney could have theirs done but it depends on if they want to deal with higher cap hits in the upcoming years.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:36 PM 03-16-2022
First official day of NFL free agency and it’s the Royals who make the biggest name free agency signing among the local teams… didn’t see that coming.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:37 PM 03-16-2022
Hmm.
Attached: FD070A52-C6C9-476C-9E74-3C10A4779739.jpg (57.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hill is going to get an extension.

Kelce and Thuney could have theirs done but it depends on if they want to deal with higher cap hits in the upcoming years.
I mean sorta.

Remember the rollover.

If it doesn't create any new money, there's never a reason NOT to do it. You just have to remember that you did it when you're factoring in your signings for this year and into the next.

Because if you owe Thuney $12 million this year and take steps to turn that into say $3 million with the remaining 9 spread out over the next 3 seasons, in the process you've also 'freed up' $9 million that then becomes rollover if unspent.

But yeah, it's buying on a credit card for sure. You'd better have a hell of a plan in place because if you spend that money off, that bill WILL come due the following year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:38 PM 03-16-2022
Good thing we got Burton re signed. There is a spree on fullbacks rn

Former Patriots’ fullback Jakob Johnson has agreed to a one-year deal with the Raiders, per @DrewJRosenhaus and @NFLrecord. Rejoins Raiders’ HC Josh McDaniels.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2022

Former #Raiders FB Alec Ingold is signing a two-year deal worth up to $7.5 million with the #Dolphins, per source. Mike McDaniel loves his fullbacks, and Ingold is about to become the second highest-paid one in the NFL.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:39 PM 03-16-2022
I don't mind not getting anything done with Robinson either.

But what I do mind is that we seem to be trying to keep powder dry for SOMEBODY and in the meantime guys are starting to sign for below expected $$$. Guys who could really help this roster.

So who are we keeping this powder dry for. There doesn't seem to be anybody left that would take an enormous chunk of it. Moreover, if it were several smaller chunks, we'd see those signing trickling in. Or at least news that we've 'agreed to terms' to be finalized after the league year starts and bonuses are shifted around.

Something is awry here.
So you think Veach is just sitting on his hands with no plan??:-):-)

When has he ever done that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:40 PM 03-16-2022
I mean sorta.

Remember the rollover.

If it doesn't create any new money, there's never a reason NOT to do it. You just have to remember that you did it when you're factoring in your signings for this year and into the next.

Because if you owe Thuney $12 million this year and take steps to turn that into say $3 million with the remaining 9 spread out over the next 3 seasons, in the process you've also 'freed up' $9 million that then becomes rollover if unspent.

But yeah, it's buying on a credit card for sure. You'd better have a hell of a plan in place because if you spend that money off, that bill WILL come due the following year.
At this point they aren’t going to be able to rollover a bunch of money to cover it. They need players. A bunch of them.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:40 PM 03-16-2022
I trust bart velch.

Something is coming soon, and hard.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:41 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Hmm.
Dang. That'd be an interesting development if the Chiefs pulled that off on the cheap.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 488
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up