ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 71
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:06 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
It’s a fluid situation. You see, I read Kant, by the fireplace usually. And the NFL matrix is controlled by the Rothchilds, who were born of the devil when communism had sexual relations with the central bank. Therefore the blood sacrifices of Jesuits who also kiss Tom Brady’s kid on the mouth and you’ll see how the chiefs temporarily ended up in the drivers seat by sniff and the tears.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:07 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure if it's true, but some talking head on ESPN or FoxSports said yesterday that if KC wins 2 out of the last 3 they clinch the 1st seed.

Wild, when you consider how the season started.
Just need New England and Tennessee to each drop one more.

Titans are losing to the 49ers. I can’t see them winning that one.

New England could well lose to Buffalo.

If we win the next two with those two losing, we can rest everyone Week 18.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:08 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure if it's true, but some talking head on ESPN or FoxSports said yesterday that if KC wins 2 out of the last 3 they clinch the 1st seed.

Wild, when you consider how the season started.
Nah, that's not true. The Titans and Patriots win tiebreakers over us (since we lost all our games against AFC opponents), so we have to win the same number as they do or better. If we win 2 and either of them win 3, we drop out of the #1 seed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:14 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's not true - yet.

If the Titans win out and the Chiefs lose one, the Chiefs lose the tiebreaker to the Titans. And if the Patriots win out and the Chiefs lose one, the Patriots will have a 10-2 conf record to the Chiefs 6-6.

They'll only clinch if the Titans and Patriots lose again. Otherwise they'll need to win out.
Ah, thanks. I might've missed that part of the discussion. I was walking in and out of the room with the radio on. Still, it's crazy to think that in Week 6 or 7 the NFL world was getting ready to write off the Chiefs even making the playoffs and now they're set to possibly take the 1st seed, have won the AFC-W again for the 40 billionth time in a row, and clinched yet another ticket to the playoffs with 3 weeks to go.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:37 AM 12-20-2021
Here's a look at the complete NFL playoff bracket for 2022:

AFC
1. Kansas City Chiefs (bye)
2. New England Patriots vs. 7. Buffalo Bills
3. Tennessee Titans vs. 6. Los Angeles Chargers
4. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 5. Indianapolis Colts

NFC
1. Green Bay Packers (bye)
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. 7. Washington Football Team
3. Dallas Cowboys vs. 6. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals vs. 5. Los Angeles Rams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...y18b9zn95v20qr
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:44 AM 12-20-2021
After last few weeks, I guess starting with the GB game. This team is destined for the AFFCG. Everything has played out perfect for them, and they are playing their best football.

No more doubting, this team will be the 1 seed and play in the AFCCG at Arrowhead for the 4th straight year. I'm fully confident. Enjoy the ride from here on out, it is going to be another great run!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 12-20-2021
Here's the thing - if we don't get the bye, I really don't to play ANY of our likely opponents. I mean I think it will ultimately be swapping spots with Indy and they don't worry me much.

But honestly, the Patriots may be the team that least scares me out of the rest of the AFC playoff probables. The issue w/ the AFC hasn't been how these teams play on their best day - it's been that they're inconsistent.

But the Bills, Chargers, Colts, Bengals and Ravens have proven that on a good day they can beat anybody. The Titans as well if they somehow get Henry back by then. There isn't a free pass out of the first round this year unless some team like Denver or Pittsburgh backs into it.

Right now every team likely to make the playoffs in the AFC can do damage if they get there.

So yeah - I'd really like to get that bye and take one week of a potentially hot opponent off the table.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:52 AM 12-20-2021
Here's the thing - if we don't get the bye, I really don't to play ANY of our likely opponents. I mean I think it will ultimately be swapping spots with Indy and they don't worry me much.

But honestly, the Patriots may be the team that least scares me out of the rest of the AFC playoff probables. The issue w/ the AFC hasn't been how these teams play on their best day - it's been that they're inconsistent.

But the Bills, Chargers, Colts, Bengals and Ravens have proven that on a good day they can beat anybody. The Titans as well if they somehow get Henry back by then. There isn't a free pass out of the first round this year unless some team like Denver or Pittsburgh backs into it.

Right now every team likely to make the playoffs in the AFC can do damage if they get there.

So yeah - I'd really like to get that bye and take one week of a potentially hot opponent off the table.
The bye is huge for whoever gets it. To be fresh and play a team who likely just won a Wildcard Weekend slugfest after a 17 game schedule is huge. That’s damn near a pass to the AFCCG.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 12-20-2021
Yeah, that's the thing. Getting the bye this year, then letting them beat up on each other is huge.
[Reply]
mabbott 11:05 AM 12-20-2021
I agree getting the bye is huge. That would allow us to have another late season break to recover. I want us to just run it out!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, that's the thing. Getting the bye this year, then letting them beat up on each other is huge.
And with Andy's history on Bye weeks, you have to believe he sees this as blood in the water.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Chiefs came out flat again this year. Unless the Bengals come out on fire in their own building, I can't see us losing one. I don't see Lock taking us down in a must-win game. I can't see Pittsburgh beating anyone decent. If the Chiefs don't lose it, neither of those teams will win it.

It's just Cincy on the road and that team could make things hairy. But the Chargers ran 11 plays inside the 5 yard line before they finally scored a touchdown last week. Without Jones, Snead or Gay. It's just impossible to overstate how impressive that defense played last week. You add 3 of their 4 best defenders back to that mix and I struggle to see how Cincy can really blow the doors off us early even if they hit the ground running.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:07 AM 12-20-2021
Weirdly, I'm pretty sure the Chiefs could even lose a game at this point.

The Titans aren't going to win out - I figure they'll lose to the 49ers next week and that would be 4 losses in 5 games; a genuine tailspin that will probably then carry through to the Miami game and they end up losing again. Then they'll beat Houston to end the season at 10-7.

Buffalo, with 6 losses already including key tiebreakers to TN and Indy (one of whom will be battling them for a WC spot) are essentially playing for their playoff lives against NE next week. If they lose that game they're in REAL danger of missing the playoffs outright - I think they'll beat NE. And NE still has a weird matchup against Miami on the road.

Win the next 2 and this things locked up by the Broncos game. Then you could theoretically play that one soft and if the Broncos manage to beat the Chargers in a couple weeks, the Broncos could be playing for that last WC spot ahead of LAC - I'd I'd far prefer see Denver in the post-season than LA.

The AFC really has beaten the hell out of itself this year.
Win the next 2 and its very possible they have a 2 game lead going into week 18 and can sit a bunch of people.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 12-20-2021
And with Andy's history on Bye weeks, you have to believe he sees this as blood in the water.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Chiefs came out flat again this year. Unless the Bengals come out on fire in their own building, I can't see us losing one. I don't see Lock taking us down in a must-win game. I can't see Pittsburgh beating anyone decent. If the Chiefs don't lose it, neither of those teams will win it.

It's just Cincy on the road and that team could make things hairy. But the Chargers ran 11 plays inside the 5 yard line before they finally scored a touchdown last week. Without Jones, Snead or Gay. It's just impossible to overstate how impressive that defense played last week. You add 3 of their 4 best defenders back to that mix and I struggle to see how Cincy can really blow the doors off us early even if they hit the ground running.
The Cinci OL is just so bad. The Broncos demolished that offense yesterday. 250 yards of offense.

Now I don't think the Chiefs D is Denver's, but they should be at full strength and be fine.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:34 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Just need New England and Tennessee to each drop one more.

Titans are losing to the 49ers. I can’t see them winning that one.

New England could well lose to Buffalo.

If we win the next two with those two losing, we can rest everyone Week 18.
The Faketriots have two losable games for them remaining... Buffalo and at Miami (the Dolphins already beat them once earlier this season, and the Faketriots have traditionally not played well in Miami).

Tennessee has the 49ers and Dolphins coming up... both are losable games for them as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Faketriots have two losable games for them remaining... Buffalo and at Miami (the Dolphins already beat them once earlier this season, and the Faketriots have traditionally not played well in Miami).

Tennessee has the 49ers and Dolphins coming up... both are losable games for them as well.
And unlike most past years, both Buffalo and likely Miami will still have something to play for when they take on NE.

These aren't gimme games for NE and BB's distrust of Jones is starting to become more and more apparent. They're simply getting easier to gameplan for.

It really does seem like KC and LAC are the two most complete, dangerous teams in the AFC.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 71
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up