ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Brett Veach Appreciation Thread ***
teedubya 09:08 PM 08-21-2023
I haven't started a thread in many years, but I was thinking this morning (after searching to find one of these type of threads on here) about the Chris Jones scenario. And it would seem to me based on what we know about Veach and Reid, that we shouldn't be concerned.

The ability this team now has to find and develop talent is OTHERWORLDLY.

Chris Jones is an AMAZING talent, but what's the difference between $25m and $30m at the end of the day? Not THAT much. He's set. Jones is just pissed off that the Chiefs didn't sign Frank Clark, so he's being a bitch about it.

But Brett Veach ALWAYS finds a great talent to replace whoever is in there.

He found Patrick Mahomes II and begged the Chiefs to draft him.

The way he assembles teams is something we've never seen in KC and maybe never before seen even in the NFL. And he was born in 1977, IIRC.

So, In Veach I Trust. He will be a pro football Hall of Famer, IMO.

What are some of your favorite things that Veach has done that you'd like to thank him about?
[Reply]
scho63 11:07 AM 08-23-2023
Brett and Clark have been my Adopt-a-Chief for years......

It all starts at the top.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 08-26-2023

Bears preseason broadcast just shared that the Bills "tried hard" to sign LB Drue Tranquill in free agency but "couldn't pry him from Andy Reid."

Tranquill signed a 1 year, $3 million deal with KC and isn't likely to start.

Interesting report if true.

— Joe Marino (@TheJoeMarino) August 26, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:02 PM 08-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They obviously didn't try hard enough.
[Reply]
In58men 02:44 PM 08-30-2023
He’ll speaking to the media in about 15 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/live/1gurQA9...ixRpI0MmpaJLik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:08 PM 09-14-2023

Juju Smith-Schuster went from dynasty WR1 at one point in his career to “the 5th-best option on a Patriots offense that has no actually good options” within 5 years.

Not abnormal I guess, but the rapidity of his fall and the fact it began when he was 23 is crazy.

— Christian Williams (@CWilliamsNFL) September 14, 2023

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:31 AM 09-15-2023
He was never going to be good for the Pats. He's a guy who thrives on being the number two or three option. He was best when AB was at his best.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:40 AM 09-25-2023
Yeah, there are a small handful of y'all that need to softly suckle the underside of his gooch right about now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Yeah, there are a small handful of y'all that need to softly suckle the underside of his gooch right about now.
What he has done with the defense is better than what he has done on offense.

And that may change quickly because Rashee Rice is looking a lot like a version of Sammy Watkins that doesn't die every other game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 AM 09-25-2023
This is his best work yet. The depth we have on defense is amazing
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 AM 09-25-2023
What he has done with the defense is better than what he has done on offense.

And that may change quickly because Rashee Rice is looking a lot like a version of Sammy Watkins that doesn't die every other game.
Didn't expect him to outdo the 2021 draft class so quickly but 2022 looks like it has the makings of a legitimate Grand Slam class.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This is his best work yet. The depth we have on defense is amazing
I think there's a good argument to make that this could end up being the best Chiefs team we ever have (or ever will).

It's clearly the best defense we've had in the Mahomes era and very probably the entire Reid era. We're looking at a HoF caliber DT, a deep and excellent secondary and possibly the best LB corps in football.

And all 3 units have key FAs this offseason in Jones, Sneed and Gay. Maybe we retain one of them. And the odds of back-filling 1 for 1 are pretty long. And that's not even getting into someone like Danna being a free agent and he's been outstanding or Reid being a potential cap casualty.

Meanwhile on offense we have Mahomes at the peak of his ability, Kelce is probably going to continue a slow decline. Donovan Smith is giving us plus pass protection on a nothing contract. Smith and Humphrey are dirt cheap. I could see maybe a slight improvement offensively next season but I think that's probably off-set by a decline on defense.

This is a culmination of 3-4 years of REALLY good roster building. We might be at an apex here.

That's what's so damn disappointing about that Lions game but also maybe a little refreshing. I said before the season started (and Jones sitting became real) that NOTHING was off the table. That this team COULD go undefeated. And I still think they can run the slate from here forward.

This team is fucking outstanding. And it's going to improve as the season progresses.

We may have a real buzzsaw on our hands here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:19 PM 10-01-2023

Mecole Hardman went OFF in revenge game vs KC:����‼️
Catches��
Yards��
TDS��

— ChiefsFan15 (@Chiefsfan158717) October 2, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 10-02-2023
I'm actually kinda hoping the Jets cut Mecole and we could bring him back.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:47 AM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm actually kinda hoping the Jets cut Mecole and we could bring him back.
Who would you cut?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:53 AM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Who would you cut?
Richie James though I'm sure someone will be along to remind us of the cap implications.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up