ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:46 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've been saying it all year, and a bunch of you JABRONIS have been giving me shit about it (thanks Kelce, I think I'll adopt that) but Spagnuolo has done an incredible job all season long playing half of his defense in rookies. All of those snaps early in the year, all of those rookie mistakes, all of that paid off last night.

I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about Spagnuolo. The man was a fucking magician this season, and the future is bright because of the groundwork they've laid on that side of the ball this season.

He played all of those rookies, and they took their lumps, and survived. We don't win last night without Jaylen Watson, Joshua Williams, Mcduffie, Karlaftis, and even Cook; who had a couple of penalties, but also that huge tip for the INT.
Yup, Spags and this core of Rookies drafted by Veach, all came up BIG to beat Burrow and the Bengals. Huge.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:09 AM 01-30-2023
Spags is good.

Remember Bob Sutton?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:10 AM 01-30-2023
I've been saying it all year, and a bunch of you JABRONIS have been giving me shit about it (thanks Kelce, I think I'll adopt that) but Spagnuolo has done an incredible job all season long playing half of his defense in rookies. All of those snaps early in the year, all of those rookie mistakes, all of that paid off last night.

I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about Spagnuolo. The man was a ****ing magician this season, and the future is bright because of the groundwork they've laid on that side of the ball this season.

He played all of those rookies, and they took their lumps, and survived. We don't win last night without Jaylen Watson, Joshua Williams, Mcduffie, Karlaftis, and even Cook; who had a couple of penalties, but also that huge tip for the INT.
Truth. Spags has done a great job here
[Reply]
redfan 08:39 AM 01-30-2023
Spags has been nothing short of a defensive Wizard. I'll admit I wasn't initially thrilled with the hire (I thought he might be too old), but the results speak for themselves.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:45 AM 01-30-2023
We all just have to learn to accept that spags is a late bloomer. He’s done it almost every year he’s been here. And with Reid and mahomes, he can afford to do that. He seems like a mad scientist trying lots of things out during the season but to his credit during the late stretches he sticks with what works. Largely.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Spags is good.

Remember Bob Sutton?

[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
With basically all rookies in the secondary!
Can't over emphasize how important this is. The Bengals have a great offense with at least two future HOFs. They got held to 20 points. KC got a ton of pressure, but if not for the performance of the secondary it would not have mattered. This is not a team that has been carried by the offense all year like 2018. The defense held their own far better than they should have with so many rookies playing.
[Reply]
el borracho 10:00 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 13 pressures, just to highlight that defensive effort.

Spags is a beast
Bengals O Line was beat up last night. I don't say that to diminish what Spags accomplished last night, but rather to emphasize how important it is to get pressure in Spags system.

I really hope the Chiefs trade up in the upcoming draft for a difference-maker at DE. Add a superstar DE to this line and the Chiefs defense will jump to top 5.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:03 AM 01-30-2023
I'm not sure Spags wants 'big, slow, defensive ends'.

Clark's like 255. He's just not very good.

I think y'all have to remember that we've been drafting in the back quarter of the draft every year for a decade now, almost. The dynamic speed rushers typically go earlier.
Oh really?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:08 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I pray the Eagles are dumb enough to talk a bunch of shit the next two weeks
nah, i think the bengals were an outlier there. really never seen a team talk so much shit. it reeked of insecurity
[Reply]
tredadda 10:12 AM 01-30-2023
They don't come across like a team that would go full Bengals.
[Reply]
straycash 10:19 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
With basically all rookies in the secondary!
This can't be stressed enough, pure wizardry, a beautiful thing to watch, my old DB heart get filla' with joy, imagine if they could play like they did in the 90's.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:32 AM 01-30-2023
I don’t see it. It’s gonna be an interesting dynamic. There’s so much love hate between these fanbases. I know several diehard eagles fans and they’re as hard nose as it gets but they love Andy Reid way too much to truly hate us.
[Reply]
straycash 10:39 AM 01-30-2023
I like Eagles because of big red
[Reply]
tk13 09:37 PM 01-30-2023

Here is the most interesting point to me
Chris Jones told us in the production meetings that the first matchup during the regular season they purposefully didn’t move him around, planning to do it when they played again in the playoffs and they would move him around https://t.co/SFv9F3cN3C

— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) January 31, 2023

[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up