ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 87
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Basileus777 03:44 PM 05-03-2024
Worthy doesn't have the full package that Hill has developed, but to say that he doesn't look fast on tape is just confusing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:53 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Considering Worthy has a faster 10 yard split, 20 yard split, 40 yard time AND top speed, there is no evidence to suggest Tyreek would beat worthy in a foot race at all, let alone handily.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
"Don't believe the lying 40 laser time and GPS!"

It's amazing how people can be presented with facts and just ignore them by doubling down.
I want to clear things up I am not bashing Worthy or saying he is slow. Just that when I see people comparing him to Hill it makes me nervous. I love the pick and I think he is fucking fast and tough. I am excited to watch him play.

When I think of Tyreek speed I think of the younger Reek, I mean he did run a 9.98 100 meter. I also think of that play at the end of the Bills playoff game where he caught the 10 yd pass and smoked the entire Bills D.

If Worthy is like that fuck me that would be awesome. Just don't want to have unreasonable expectations for the kid. That is all. I won't comment any further.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:54 PM 05-03-2024
Based on what I've seen so far, Worthy is already better at tracking and catching over the shoulder longballs than Reek

Not trying to poop on Reek just because he's gone, but Worthy is already a more natural hands catcher IMHO
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:56 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Based on what I've seen so far, Worthy is already better at tracking and catching over the shoulder longballs than Reek

Not trying to poop on Reek just because he's gone, but Worthy is already a more natural hands catcher IMHO
Worthy also doesn't try to catch the ball with his chest.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 05-03-2024

Yeah - Hill never really did get very good at that.

He knew he could just stop, turn and go straight up (unlike anyone I've ever seen) so that's usually what he did.

He was decent at those lose trajectory balls that were coming in at an angle. But the straight up 'run under' balls were something he was mostly kinda average at.
[Reply]
-King- 04:06 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He knew he could just stop, turn and go straight up (unlike anyone I've ever seen) so that's usually what he did.

He was decent at those lose trajectory balls that were coming in at an angle. But the straight up 'run under' balls were something he was mostly kinda average at.
I mean even as amazing as he is, Mahomes has never been good at those types of passes. Think that has more to do with it than Tyreek being unable to do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:09 PM 05-03-2024

And he was somehow still much better at it than MVS and Hardman.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:30 PM 05-03-2024

Worthy is way more polished WR than Reek was coming out of college. I thought Tyreek was mostly a returner
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 04:39 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I want to clear things up I am not bashing Worthy or saying he is slow. Just that when I see people comparing him to Hill it makes me nervous. I love the pick and I think he is fucking fast and tough. I am excited to watch him play.

When I think of Tyreek speed I think of the younger Reek, I mean he did run a 9.98 100 meter. I also think of that play at the end of the Bills playoff game where he caught the 10 yd pass and smoked the entire Bills D.

If Worthy is like that fuck me that would be awesome. Just don't want to have unreasonable expectations for the kid. That is all. I won't comment any further.
I'll give you some slack. Tyreeks 200m speed in college was OLYMPIC level speed. It's kind of hard to compare to that when you can count who's faster than him on one hand.

Which is funny, maybe Worthy could actually compete at that level.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:51 PM 05-03-2024
Tyreek ran a 9.9 100m in high school. He ran a 20.1 in the 200.

If any of you know track, that's nutso fast. Maurice Green's best time was 9.79 and he won four medal in the olympics including gold in the 100.

So like, if Worthy is faster than Hill then he 100% should have been qualifying for the Olympics.

I just never, ever have trusted that MPH thing on the football field.

That said, there is fast, there is track fast, and there is football fast. Worthy is football fast just like Hill. He can't cut like Hill but I don't remember anyone else in history like Hill. I love Worthy and think he's going to go yard in a preseason game and every single person in America is going to say who the HELL let the Chiefs have this guy and then remember oh the Bills. Of course.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:57 PM 05-03-2024

First time in a Chiefs helmet ❤️ @XavierWorthy pic.twitter.com/9FHBv7TKSj

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 3, 2024

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:49 PM 05-03-2024
Exactly right, more often than not he would have to stop, pivot and leap to snag a deep pass instead of just running underneath it without losing momentum

And it usually worked like magic, still love what he brought us

But I'm excited about Worthy, he has Reek speed and 2.0 hands/spatial awareness... Rice will go from #1 to #2 sooner rather than later
[Reply]
-King- 05:55 PM 05-03-2024
Exactly right, more often than not he would have to stop, pivot and leap to snag a deep pass instead of just running underneath it without losing momentum

And it usually worked like magic, still love what he brought us

But I'm excited about Worthy, he has Reek speed and 2.0 hands/spatial awareness... Rice will go from #1 to #2 sooner rather than later

He had plenty of over the shoulder catches when the ball was thrown right. He only stopped if he absolutely needed to because of an under throw or a defender being on top of him so he would catch it before the ball got to the defender
[Reply]
Monticore 06:20 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Tyreek ran a 9.9 100m in high school. He ran a 20.1 in the 200.

If any of you know track, that's nutso fast. Maurice Green's best time was 9.79 and he won four medal in the olympics including gold in the 100.

So like, if Worthy is faster than Hill then he 100% should have been qualifying for the Olympics.

I just never, ever have trusted that MPH thing on the football field.

That said, there is fast, there is track fast, and there is football fast. Worthy is football fast just like Hill. He can't cut like Hill but I don't remember anyone else in history like Hill. I love Worthy and think he's going to go yard in a preseason game and every single person in America is going to say who the HELL let the Chiefs have this guy and then remember oh the Bills. Of course.
Tyreek s short strides are what allow him to change direction so quickly , Worthy seems to have longer strides.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:21 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Worthy doesn't have the full package that Hill has developed, but to say that he doesn't look fast on tape is just confusing.
Worthy looks like much better route runner than when Tyreek came into the league .
[Reply]
Page 73 of 87
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up