ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best places to eat OKC area
BIG_DADDY 11:42 AM 04-25-2024
I know it's a long shot but I am there this weekend.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:46 AM 04-25-2024
Dave’s Hot Chicken is badass. It’s in Bricktown across from the ball field.

Ted’s is pretty famous and always busy when we go. Tex mex style Mexican restaurant.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:51 AM 04-25-2024
Here we go Royals here we go!
[Reply]
notorious 11:55 AM 04-25-2024
We get down there 2-3 times a year, always wanted to try Kendall's southeast of OKC.

Believe it or not Del Rancho has some kickass food.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:28 PM 04-25-2024
McDonalds
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:32 PM 04-25-2024
I saw a video of Reid and Guy Fieri trying a place in KC called Pigwich.

https://pigwich.com/

So when my band was doing a gig at the Call Sign Brewery I left a couple hours early to hit Pigwich up, figured if Big Red is recommending a place to eat it's worth paying attention. It was absolutely fucking delicious but I was miserably bloated after stuffing my face there, its a good thing I had a couple of hours to digest before the rest of the band arrived for setup.
[Reply]
Womble 12:35 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I saw a video of Reid and Guy Fieri trying a place in KC called Pigwich.

https://pigwich.com/

So when my band was doing a gig at the Call Sign Brewery I left a couple hours early to hit Pigwich up, figured if Big Red is recommending a place to eat it's worth paying attention. It was absolutely ****ing delicious but I was miserably bloated after stuffing my face there, its a good thing I had a couple of hours to digest before the rest of the band arrived for setup.
Yeah but most of that video is dedicated to a sandwich which ain't on their websites menu, which kinda sucks if it's not on there now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:41 PM 04-25-2024
Ate Smitty's Garage Burgers & Beer there a few years ago; was amazing that night. After that I ate at the KC one a few times, still good but that OKC visit was phenomenal.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:52 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Yeah but most of that video is dedicated to a sandwich which ain't on their websites menu, which kinda sucks if it's not on there now.
Right, the Short Rib Burger. I was looking for that on the menu and when I couldn't find it I had the Big Pig instead.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:00 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ate Smitty's Garage Burgers & Beer there a few years ago; was amazing that night. After that I ate at the KC one a few times, still good but that OKC visit was phenomenal.
Man a good Smittys is hard to beat. Had a meh one in South Dakota, was basically a Chilis burger.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 04-25-2024
Zorba's Greek is quite good.

Cattlemen's in Bricktown is very good; nothing fancy, just a good steak. Salad with the house cheddar dressing is excellent (shitty salad, good dressing). They got rid of the eggs and brains from the breakfast menu, sadly. They a a pretty decent in-house beer; 6 shooters or something like that. They sell it in bottles; good stuff. They have a really reasonably priced breakfast menu as well if you're looking for a breakfast spot (sit on the 'diner' side)

Trappers Fishcamp is solid 'low country' fare; cajunish sort of food but it's cousin restaurant Pearl's Oyster Bar is damn legit for straight seafood.

Royal Bavaria is good if you're in the mood for German food. Schnitzel was on point and really good sausages.

Nic's Grill is a great lunch spot. I don't think they're even open for dinner - craaaaaamped though. I think they pretty much just stuck a kitchen and cafe inside a double-wide. The flattop is in the room where you eat so don't go in a suit. You'll smell it for weeks.

I don't travel down there much at all anymore but my understanding is that there have been a fair number of new 'hipstery' places that have popped up in/near Bricktown. So my suggestions are pretty much 5 years old or older but those were my go-to spots when I'd spend 3-4 days/month down there on business.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:04 PM 04-25-2024
Steaks at the stockyards, can’t think of the name of it but its been there forever ♾️
[Reply]
Otter 03:12 PM 04-25-2024
I know this going to get the "boo" & "hiss" treatment but I've had nothing but good experiences with KC Masterpiece on the strip.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:22 PM 04-25-2024
I stop in Okc every time I go to Dallas.

Brunch-Cafe Kacao. Guatemala type food but amazing
Lunch/Dinner-Nic’s Grill, Frida Southwest, The Jones Assembly and Kitchen 324 were all great
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Steaks at the stockyards, can’t think of the name of it but its been there forever ♾️
Cattlemen's.

Been there since the early 1900s.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up