ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 934
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178578 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:35 AM 07-26-2017
I bought NVDA at 32 and sold at 65 and said hell yeah, nailed that one . Now it's $166

Fuck!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:56 AM 07-26-2017
POAGX

http://performance.morningstar.com/f...&culture=en_US

Thoughts ?
[Reply]
Cornstock 11:06 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
POAGX

Thoughts ?
The only downside I see is the expense ratio at .68, which is higher than the average for similarly indexed funds. But those funds don't have the performance this fund has shown. Whoever is picking the holdings has done well.
[Reply]
Cornstock 11:10 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
POAGX

Thoughts ?
On the other hand, if you were working with an advisor in a managed fund you'd be paying twice that. I blame Vanguard for offering us expense ratios of .15 in etf form and only slightly higher for mutual funds. They've really disrupted the industry in that area and skews our perspective on expense ratios. .68 is not that bad.
[Reply]
Cornstock 11:26 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
My plan is to park money there to see if I can grasp concepts. So I bougjt 70 dollars of this share. Should I schedule an appointment ar the lambo dealership now? Hopefully I can buy a mutual fund index fund idunno the difference. I don't make much money so it will take time
Who are you using for your brokerage?

I'd save up a couple hundred and then buy an etf rather than a mutual fund. They are cheaper to own, the biggest difference is that they are managed by a computer rather than a person so they don't have to forward that cost to you, but they hold the same stocks.

Start with something simple like an S&P indexed fund, they are companies that you've heard of. In that vein, you can pick larger or smaller companies (small cap, mid cap, large cap). Theoretically, small cap has the highest growth potential while large cap will perform whatever the general economy is doing.
[Reply]
philfree 07:50 AM 07-27-2017
What about buying and selling some beef? What kind of money can a person make doing that?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:25 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by philfree:
What about buying and selling some beef? What kind of money can a person make doing that?
Like the physical or on the futures? I wouldn't put any positions on the futures with money you ever care about seeing again. You can make a mint or get you ass handed to you.
[Reply]
philfree 08:30 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Like the physical or on the futures? I wouldn't put any positions on the futures with money you ever care about seeing again. You can make a mint or get you ass handed to you.
I mean the critters.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 AM 07-27-2017
I mean the critters.
You thinking cow calf, feeding out, brokering?

My understanding is you could hedge in a profit at the feedyards a month ago.
[Reply]
philfree 09:16 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You thinking cow calf, feeding out, brokering?

My understanding is you could hedge in a profit at the feedyards a month ago.
It would be all new to me so I'm not really sure. My initial thought would be to buy some calfs let them grow up and then sell them for a profit.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:05 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
Who are you using for your brokerage?

I'd save up a couple hundred and then buy an etf rather than a mutual fund. They are cheaper to own, the biggest difference is that they are managed by a computer rather than a person so they don't have to forward that cost to you, but they hold the same stocks.

Start with something simple like an S&P indexed fund, they are companies that you've heard of. In that vein, you can pick larger or smaller companies (small cap, mid cap, large cap). Theoretically, small cap has the highest growth potential while large cap will perform whatever the general economy is doing.

Vanguard is what I have now. I already put in 70 dollars and I haven't recieved my trophy wife yet.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:09 AM 07-27-2017
It would be all new to me so I'm not really sure. My initial thought would be to buy some calfs let them grow up and then sell them for a profit.
Are you looking for a small or large gamble?

If you're brave, I will need 80 more head of 7wts to finish out a set of pens this fall. Have a ~$2k frozen genetics gamble getting ready to happen in a month or so for the less insane. A partner to share making a little money along the way or losing our ass together on one of the big rides always makes the resulting drinking a little more entertaining. :-)
[Reply]
philfree 10:13 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Are you looking for a small or large gamble?

If you're brave, I will need 80 more head of 7wts to finish out a set of pens this fall. Have a ~$2k frozen genetics gamble getting ready to happen in a month or so for the less insane. A partner to share making a little money along the way or losing our ass together on one of the big rides always makes the resulting drinking a little more entertaining. :-)
How much a head?
[Reply]
ghak99 10:53 AM 07-27-2017
How much a head?
7wts sold for around $1k/hd yesterday at a local sale.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 07-27-2017
I like Cows, they're easy.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 934
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178578 > Last »
Up