ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:40 AM 07-27-2023
Been thinking of getting Paramount+ so I can watch SNW. I really enjoyed the first season, probably because it brought up so many memories of TOS and I didn't have to pay for it. I've watched a few clips on YouTube and most of the episodes look to be character oriented instead of moving the story forward. One thing I really liked about TOS is there would usually be a good story and the characters would interact in relation to that story, instead of the interactions being the story.

Yeah, I'm old and it's silly of me to expect a Science Fiction show to actually have real Science Fiction.

Have any redshirts died yet?
[Reply]
listopencil 07:00 AM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Been thinking of getting Paramount+ so I can watch SNW. I really enjoyed the first season, probably because it brought up so many memories of TOS and I didn't have to pay for it. I've watched a few clips on YouTube and most of the episodes look to be character oriented instead of moving the story forward. One thing I really liked about TOS is there would usually be a good story and the characters would interact in relation to that story, instead of the interactions being the story.

Yeah, I'm old and it's silly of me to expect a Science Fiction show to actually have real Science Fiction.

Have any redshirts died yet?
The Chief Engineer died. He threw himself off a cliff(?) because he was infected and would have been a danger to the crew.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:28 AM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just finished the last two episodes. I really enjoyed both of them, although part of me feels like I shouldn't have. Yeah, Pike should have been in some shit for destroying a crucial Federation resource. Just like Picard should have been in some shit for not using Hugh to destroy the Borg. It is what it is. And the cross-over with the cartoon was hilarious.

I do look forward to some serious battles in space shit. Doesn't look like we're getting that next week, though.
Just watched the crossover with Lower Decks. I have watched all seasons of Lower Decks so far I enjoy that show.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 07:30 AM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just watched the Lower Decks crossover episode. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would.

I have low expectations for the Broadway musical episode.
I hear that. I have tried to watch musicals but I just don't like them.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:51 AM 07-27-2023
Just watched the Lower Decks crossover episode. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would.

I have low expectations for the Broadway musical episode.
Same here. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:42 AM 07-27-2023
The last two episodes have been good, this last one very good.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:17 AM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The Chief Engineer died. He threw himself off a cliff(?) because he was infected and would have been a danger to the crew.
Yeah, he wasn't a throwaway character; too bad because he was interesting. That was sort of a Tasha Yar moment; killing off a main character.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:35 AM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I hear that. I have tried to watch musicals but I just don't like them.
There are a few musicals that I enjoy. Not all that many, though. They've already gone to the fringe more often than I thought they would. They have kind of earned the right to fuck around. They have to know that they've got the best Star Trek going on. Other than season three of Picard there isn't anything close to what they've been doing with this and there hasn't been for a while.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:34 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The last two episodes have been good, this last one very good.
This weeks episode? I found it to be a sleeper.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:13 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This weeks episode? I found it to be a sleeper.
The more I think about it the more I like it. The tone was very reminiscent of the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations. Except this one seemed to take the humor to the next level. It was totally played for laughs, and definitely worked.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:15 PM 07-27-2023
The more I think about it the more I like it. The tone was very reminiscent of the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations. Except this one seemed to take the humor to the next level. It was totally played for laughs, and definitely worked.
Well dammit, now I'm gonna have to watch it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:22 PM 07-27-2023
The Klingon episode?
[Reply]
Frazod 07:28 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The Klingon episode?
It was the episode that combined footage from the TOS episode Trouble With Tribbles and DS9.

And yes, there were Klingons.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:29 PM 07-27-2023
Well dammit, now I'm gonna have to watch it.
It's fucking hilarious. And I don't watch Lower Decks.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 PM 07-27-2023
I thought the musical episode was next. I guess that's next week.

Expecting something musical and happy and silly made this one even darker, and boy, it was deeply fucking dark. Lots of fighting and violence, but ground based. Again, very reminiscent of an old DS9 episode - the one where the crew was stranded with a ground unit fighting a protracted battle against the Jem'Hadar.

Excellent episode, though. The past three and next episode have been tense psychological thriller, comedy, today's PTSD rage fest, and up next, musical Star Trek!

They definitely like to change things up from week to week.

Still waiting for moar space battles.......
[Reply]
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up