ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:34 PM 06-20-2021
Joshua Kaindoh reminds me of Hitler.

I hear he also likes to paint as a hobby!
[Reply]
Bowser 06:44 PM 06-20-2021
*draft pick thread ends up in DC*

[Reply]
Sorce 07:19 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Joshua Kaindoh reminds me of Hitler.

I hear he also likes to paint as a hobby!
That's Racist!
[Reply]
In58men 02:36 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
He looks slow, but covers a lot of ground because of his stride. Doesn’t take him many steps to get to the QB. We should be talking about him more. He’s going to be the hidden gem, not Powell, Gray or Trey. Mark it down.
Bro wtf?
[Reply]
Dante84 03:01 PM 08-05-2021
Bro wtf?
How insane is it that all 4 of those are (so far) gems? VEACH!
[Reply]
RustShack 03:21 PM 08-05-2021
Bro wtf?
Bruh
[Reply]
In58men 03:41 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Bruh
I hate myself
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:41 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How insane is it that all 4 of those are (so far) gems? VEACH!
Plus Key.

Vindicating those of us arguing pre-draft that Veach’s drafting trajectory was parabolic.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:58 PM 08-05-2021
When it comes to late round Veach picks, the more fans say, "Who?!" the better the player.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:25 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
When it comes to late round Veach picks, the more fans say, "Who?!" the better the player.
That appears to be true, but Veach also traded future late rounders to move up for Bopete.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:32 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That appears to be true, but Veach also traded future late rounders to move up for Bopete.
And?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:48 PM 08-05-2021
Veach took Dorseys “decision lens” approach and said “fuck this bullshit”.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:08 PM 08-05-2021
Who’s entering his second year? First year no Covid?

Most players aren’t finished products their rookie year, hell it’s most common for players to break out their 3rd year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:15 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
And?
I hope he sticks. Otherwise, we gave up another shot at a late round gem.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:56 PM 08-05-2021
I hope he sticks. Otherwise, we gave up another shot at a late round gem.
I'm not talking about Keyes. It's the 7th round. Who cares?

I'm talking about us taking Fenton in the 6th and everybody has their period because he didn't look very good in this one youtube highlight video.

Or taking Mike Danna in the 5th, who apparently wasn't even ranked by a bunch of Mel Kipers, so once again, fans hate the pick initially.

Kaindoh had the same stigma as those guys. Lack of production in college, so how can he be expected to help the Chiefs if he can't even help his own team in college? Plus we took him a full round higher than Danna, which means an even higher draft pick that Veach "pissed away".

Since 2019 there's been a Veach draft pick that makes fans go, "Fucking WHO?!" and then that guy ends up being a pretty good contributor for us.

Nobody really cared about Keyes because... 7th round. And the trade up doesn't matter either.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up