ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 70
« First < 18586465666768 6970 >
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
listopencil 05:36 AM 07-15-2017
I really did like Capaldi in his first season. I was completely ready for a grumpy older Doctor. Then they softened him, then they gave him shit scripts and poor stories to work with. If it is a woman then maybe the change will energize the creative staff and push them to work harder, I don't know. But they need to do better then the group of the last few years did. I want complicated plotlines that appear to be wrapped up after 20 minutes and make you wonder what's going to happen. I want deep story arcs that span whole seasons and beyond. I want a Doctor who is allowed to define the role.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:49 AM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Looks like it's Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...or-who-rumours
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:32 AM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...or-who-rumours
I mean, there's no guarantees in life, but I follow the money. This was from late last night and updated today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ie-dormer/amp/

Peter will step down as the Doctor at the end of the year after starring in one final season, and his regeneration scene is expected to take place during the 2017 Christmas special.

But who will replace him? Sun Bets Spokesman Tim Reynolds explains that, as far as he’s concerned, it’s already in the bag.

“We suspended betting on the next Doctor Who after a big run of money for Phoebe Waller-Bridge and our trading team suspected it was a done deal,” he says.

“For months many have thought Kris Marshall had the job in the bag, but our liabilities on Phoebe say otherwise.

“Doctor Who has always been about time travel, but with a new female Doctor the show seems finally to be hurtling into the 21st Century!”

So Phoebe looks a dead cert – but you can still have a flutter. Here’s the lowdown on the favourites (odds from Ladbrokes, correct to July 15 – check out the latest here)…
[Reply]
listopencil 04:52 PM 07-15-2017
OK. I just found out from an inside source. This is pretty legit, guys. The new Doctor is going to be a woman and she will be played by...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Third Eye 10:00 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I mean, there's no guarantees in life, but I follow the money. This was from late last night and updated today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ie-dormer/amp/

Peter will step down as the Doctor at the end of the year after starring in one final season, and his regeneration scene is expected to take place during the 2017 Christmas special.

But who will replace him? Sun Bets Spokesman Tim Reynolds explains that, as far as he’s concerned, it’s already in the bag.

“We suspended betting on the next Doctor Who after a big run of money for Phoebe Waller-Bridge and our trading team suspected it was a done deal,” he says.

“For months many have thought Kris Marshall had the job in the bag, but our liabilities on Phoebe say otherwise.

“Doctor Who has always been about time travel, but with a new female Doctor the show seems finally to be hurtling into the 21st Century!”

So Phoebe looks a dead cert – but you can still have a flutter. Here’s the lowdown on the favourites (odds from Ladbrokes, correct to July 15 – check out the latest here)…
Well I did say there were no guarantees...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 07-16-2017
There is more bitching on Twitter ABOUT the bitching on Twitter than there are actual complaints.

It's pretty funny. I'll miss Capaldi in that, like others, I liked his capacity for cranky and thought he was truly expressive (a change from smith).

I don't care really that this one is a woman, but still think it's hilarious how predictable the BBC is. This has been telegraphed forever.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:27 AM 07-16-2017
Haven't seen Broadchurch yet. Her epsiode of Black Mirror was great though. I don't care that the next Doctor is a woman. I just hope the writing gets better. As others have said, this season has mostly sucked
[Reply]
listopencil 12:50 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There is more bitching on Twitter ABOUT the bitching on Twitter than there are actual complaints.

It's pretty funny. I'll miss Capaldi in that, like others, I liked his capacity for cranky and though he was truly expressive (a change from smith).

I don't care really that this one is a woman, but still think it's hilarious how predictable the BBC is. This has been telegraphed forever.
#notmydoctor
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
#notmydoctor
To watch the virtue signalers on Twitter you'd think that millions of men are grunting at their monitors and setting things on fire in protest.

They're so excited to be able to shove it in the face of misogynists that they've just kinda blown past the fact that the response has been a near universal 'eh'. Doesn't stop them from shouting down arguments that aren't actually being made, though.

Good for them...
[Reply]
listopencil 02:09 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
To watch the virtue signalers on Twitter you'd think that millions of men are grunting at their monitors and setting things on fire in protest.

They're so excited to be able to shove it in the face of misogynists that they've just kinda blown past the fact that the response has been a near universal 'eh'. Doesn't stop them from shouting down arguments that aren't actually being made, though.

Good for them...
I know. It's goofy. One of my kids is in her early 20's and way too into social media. She did manage to pull away from being a SJW but she still has those tendencies the will vomit forth on occasion. It took me years to get it through her thick skull that in many of these situations...no one gives a shit. At all. We just want a good Doctor, and good stories, with good characters, and good writing. We want the show to live up to its cheesy/lofty potential.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:37 PM 07-16-2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...3-e6874d09579f

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the Thirteenth Doctor.
Attached: p058vm4x.jpg (82.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Fish 11:48 PM 07-16-2017

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:02 PM 12-08-2017

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:34 PM 10-30-2018
The writing has gone off the rails; all the negativity towards men along with the constant reminder that Bill was gay really started to annoy me last season. The new season has started the series from scratch and although Jodie is a great actor, the writing is going to sink this.

Exterminate the writers!
[Reply]
vailpass 05:16 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The writing has gone off the rails; all the negativity towards men along with the constant reminder that Bill was gay really started to annoy me last season. The new season has started the series from scratch and although Jodie is a great actor, the writing is going to sink this.

Exterminate the writers!
I tried to watch it. They’ve ruined one of the most venerable traditions on tv with social justice nonsense. WTF happened to Great Britain?

(Nice Dalek line.)
[Reply]
Page 68 of 70
« First < 18586465666768 6970 >
Up