ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 70
« First < 17576364656667 686970 >
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
listopencil 05:07 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Not sure what you mean. Pretty sure The Master will just regenerate back into his/her Missy body.
The Master said to Missy, "...don't even bother trying to regenerate, you got the full blast."

Of course that doesn't really mean anything because the new show runner is going to have a lot of leeway.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:09 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The Master said to Missy, "...don't even bother trying to regenerate, you got the full blast."

Of course that doesn't really mean anything because the new show runner is going to have a lot of leeway.
Going by memory, I'm pretty sure Missy insinuated the Master was going to regenerate into Missy.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:45 PM 07-07-2017
Going by memory, I'm pretty sure Missy insinuated the Master was going to regenerate into Missy.
I thought so too. I thought that was the joke that they were both laughing at.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:01 PM 07-07-2017
I thought so too. I thought that was the joke that they were both laughing at.
Yup, that's the way I took it too.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:58 AM 07-08-2017
Right... Missy stabbed her former self so he would regenerate into her however, he zaps her with his death ray and she dies. Of course, she died a few times before like getting shot by a Cyberman or Dalec. It's all that Timey Wimey stuff that gets confusing.

Clara died and the Doctor went back and pulled her out just before she died so I'm sure that the Time Lords will be able to pull some sort of trick to bring back the Master.

He/She is not really dead. Looking forward to the Christmas Special to see how they solve all of this.

Maybe we need a poll to determine if we think the new show runner will continue to PC direction things seem to be going. Does it make me racist to notice that all of the companions had mixed color relationships? Martha really never should have been a companion because she was turned into a Cyberman in the two part finale where Rose gets stuck on the other side of the rift. Oh well, that's what happens when your country has about a dozen actors.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 07-08-2017
That wasn't actually Martha. The same actress played her, but that character has a different name (can't recall it at the moment).

Martha references 'her cousin' that worked at the wharf when that all went down. So the audience is essentially being told that her cousin looked exactly like her. As far as suspension of disbelief goes, that's really not all that bad.

And yeah, anything on the BBC is going to be forcefully progressive. I'm virtually certain that the next Doctor will be a woman.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:19 PM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That wasn't actually Martha. The same actress played her, but that character has a different name (can't recall it at the moment).

Martha references 'her cousin' that worked at the wharf when that all went down. So the audience is essentially being told that her cousin looked exactly like her. As far as suspension of disbelief goes, that's really not all that bad.

And yeah, anything on the BBC is going to be forcefully progressive. I'm virtually certain that the next Doctor will be a woman.
Did you catch that little dig at Trump when the Doctor was explaining the inevitability of cybermen?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:08 AM 07-09-2017
Unfortunately, yes. It got a nice eye roll from me. I'm surprised there wasn't a mention of BrExit as well.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:24 PM 07-09-2017
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Unfortunately, yes. It got a nice eye roll from me. I'm surprised there wasn't a mention of BrExit as well.
Yeah. I cringe when they include pop culture or political references. I'd like my time lord to be more timeless, thank you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 07-09-2017
Did you catch that little dig at Trump when the Doctor was explaining the inevitability of cybermen?
Watched the first episode and hated Bill and the little bald alien manservant thing so much that I haven't watched the rest of the season. Don't expect I will.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:15 PM 07-14-2017

Exclusive News: It’s Almost Time. #DoctorWho pic.twitter.com/XyF6KPaf0b

— BBC America (@BBCAMERICA) July 14, 2017

[Reply]
stumppy 01:20 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Won't play for me. What is it ?
[Reply]
stumppy 01:22 PM 07-14-2017
OK, i read what was posted at the link. Cool
[Reply]
unlurking 02:25 PM 07-14-2017
Won't play for me. What is it ?
13th Dr. will be introduced after the Wimbledon series.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:57 AM 07-15-2017
Looks like it's Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 70
« First < 17576364656667 686970 >
Up