ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 70
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 >
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
listopencil 04:10 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did Hayley Atwell's show fail? I have to believe it did because it looked AAAAWWWWFFUULLLLL.

And the BBC loves them some progressive casting. And they have a lesbian companion. Oh tell me they wouldn't just be all atwitter with the idea of a female doctor. They've already made The Master a woman so why not the Doctor as well?

Because really - who doesn't like Hayley Atwell?
She's cute. Reminds a bit of Natalie Merchant.
[Reply]
bevischief 01:09 PM 05-13-2017
Question? Is Bill, Susan or her daughter.
[Reply]
bevischief 01:12 PM 05-13-2017
And yes this old school.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:13 PM 05-13-2017
I can't see.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:18 AM 05-15-2017
I've got to say that I am disappointed in the season so far after waiting so long to see what they were going to come up with. There have been moments here and there but everything other than the season pilot has felt like filler episodes. The twist at the end of the last episode was interesting, but only in a way that it leaves a loose end to be dealt with. I feel badly for Capaldi. I don't blame him for leaving after having to slog through these scripts.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:12 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I've got to say that I am disappointed in the season so far after waiting so long to see what they were going to come up with. There have been moments here and there but everything other than the season pilot has felt like filler episodes. The twist at the end of the last episode was interesting, but only in a way that it leaves a loose end to be dealt with. I feel badly for Capaldi. I don't blame him for leaving after having to slog through these scripts.
Same here. This season has been a big fat meh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 05-16-2017
Just saw the first two episodes of Season 9 and the introduction of the "Glasses". Shit that's retarded.

But apart from that, the whole thing with Davros as a kid and Skaro, etc... was pretty damn cool. It was a solid couple of episodes but I could see some of the cracks y'all are irritated about emerging. And once again, The Doctor getting scolded like a little boy by Clara is just annoying. For fuck's sake, woman. He's essentially a demi-god. There's an excellent chance that he's right and you're just a nag.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:12 AM 07-02-2017
Last episode with this Doctor barring the Xmas special.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:18 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Last episode with this Doctor barring the Xmas special.
Good.

I haven't liked a one since Tennant...
[Reply]
listopencil 06:05 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Good.

I haven't liked a one since Tennant...
I liked Capaldi in his first season. Since then it seems like they tried to soften the character and the writing has gone to shit. The finale was decent. Too bad they couldn't pull off a decent episode at least every few weeks recently though.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:09 PM 07-02-2017
Oh, yeah, they're doing the 'I don't wanna go' thing with him in the finale and I assume in the Xmas special as well. He made a reference to Tom Baker in the finale and Hartnell (kind of) showed up. Made me start daydreaming. It would be fun if Bill and friend somehow moved Capaldi's essence into that library and gave him Baker's face.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 07-03-2017
I haven't liked this season at all, but the finale was good. Xmas special looks interesting.

We'll see what happens with the relaunch.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:35 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I haven't liked this season at all, but the finale was good. Xmas special looks interesting.

We'll see what happens with the relaunch.
Quoting you is about all the effort describing this season deserves.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:48 PM 07-07-2017
I'm trying to figure out how they are going to bring back the Master. Of course, in Doctor Who, no one really dies. Glad that Bill is gone as I don't really like having the whole alternative life style force fed to me. It's time for Capaldi to go.

The banter between the two Masters was just wrong which I suppose, made it right.

Most of the season was pretty forgettable... In fact, I've forgotten it already.

CK
[Reply]
stumppy 03:52 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm trying to figure out how they are going to bring back the Master. Of course, in Doctor Who, no one really dies. Glad that Bill is gone as I don't really like having the whole alternative life style force fed to me. It's time for Capaldi to go.

The banter between the two Masters was just wrong which I suppose, made it right.

Most of the season was pretty forgettable... In fact, I've forgotten it already.

CK
Not sure what you mean. Pretty sure The Master will just regenerate back into his/her Missy body.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 70
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 >
Up