ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 221
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:07 PM 12-02-2015
Not today. Just came in. been out all day. Caught a bunch, but catching a bunch doesn't interest me unless I'm tryin' to feed mouths.

Did you know that only .001% of Bass that survive make it to 7lbs?

Studies say that they don't think anything like the general population of bass.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:52 PM 12-12-2015
My dad, step mom, and I took a two day guided trip at Texoma yesterday and today. We pulled in a few decent stripers yesterday. I pulled in an 8 lb striper. Biggest I've ever caught. We also jug fished for blue cats. We pulled in a 12 lb and 8 lb blue.

I was hoping for a 20+ lb blue but maybe next time. We have several pounds of fish to eat and some of it tasted good tonight.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:32 AM 12-13-2015
The fluke is absolutely deadly out here. Walked out the door yesterday morning and caught 4 in about 15 min. including my first cast, and a 4lber, give or take, with a belly full of eggs.

The spawn is upon us in South FL.

Maybe this will be the year I get my lunker bass.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:33 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
My dad, step mom, and I took a two day guided trip at Texoma yesterday and today. We pulled in a few decent stripers yesterday. I pulled in an 8 lb striper. Biggest I've ever caught. We also jug fished for blue cats. We pulled in a 12 lb and 8 lb blue.

I was hoping for a 20+ lb blue but maybe next time. We have several pounds of fish to eat and some of it tasted good tonight.
Very nice.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:35 AM 12-13-2015
So, I'm getting a baitcaster for Christmas.

I feel like I'm not the fisherman I claim to be without knowing how to use one.

Attempts in the past have been........frustrating.

Any advice??
[Reply]
loochy 08:48 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
So, I'm getting a baitcaster for Christmas.

I feel like I'm not the fisherman I claim to be without knowing how to use one.

Attempts in the past have been........frustrating.

Any advice??
ALWAYS keep at least slight pressure with your thumb. Never let it free spool during a cast. Also, use your thumb to stop the line BEFORE the lure hits the water. Furthermore, don't try to cast too hard. Just give it a swift, steady swing.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:56 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by loochy:
ALWAYS keep at least slight pressure with your thumb. Never let it free spool during a cast. Also, use your thumb to stop the line BEFORE the lure hits the water. Furthermore, don't try to cast too hard. Just give it a swift, steady swing.
Will do.

Thanks.
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:49 PM 01-08-2016
New Personal best! 5lb 7oz.

I am averaging no less than 5 bass a day while spending no more than a cpl hrs out there.
It's the spawn, so I go out every day, and will continue to do so, until I have an, at least, 7 lber.
You guys will be the first to see the pics.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:26 PM 01-08-2016
Baitcasters are my favorite reel. I'll never forget the first time casting one without listening to my dad. I spent the next 30 minutes fixing my line.

My dad bought his dream boat recently. A new 2015 Nitro V7. I think it's worth more than his house.
[Reply]
loochy 02:28 PM 01-08-2016
Will do.

Thanks.
How's the baitcaster working out? Did you get the hang of it yet?
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:19 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by loochy:
How's the baitcaster working out? Did you get the hang of it yet?
I can cast without backlash, but I'm still working on my distance.

I can tell that it's going to be my favorite, though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:06 PM 01-24-2016
New Personal best! 5lb 7oz.

I am averaging no less than 5 bass a day while spending no more than a cpl hrs out there.
It's the spawn, so I go out every day, and will continue to do so, until I have an, at least, 7 lber.
You guys will be the first to see the pics.
Awesomeness !!

I'm ready to go fishing.

This year I'm wanting to plan a trip a kick ass fishing trip but I just don't know where to go. Great Lakes? Gulf of Mexico? Anywhere I can catch something awesome help me out anyone?
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:24 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Awesomeness !!

I'm ready to go fishing.

This year I'm wanting to plan a trip a kick ass fishing trip but I just don't know where to go. Great Lakes? Gulf of Mexico? Anywhere I can catch something awesome help me out anyone?
Amazon. Catch some big ass peacock bass.
[Reply]
loochy 08:47 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Amazon. Catch some big ass peacock bass stingrays.
FYP

[Reply]
tooge 10:09 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Awesomeness !!

I'm ready to go fishing.

Go to Rainy Lake or Lake of the Woods. Either are 50 fish/day type of lakes. Pike, walleye, perch, smallmouth, crappie. If you don't want to be there 5-7 days, shoot to Tennessee for some world class crappie fishing and huge catfish fishing on some of the reservoirs there (get a guide).
[Reply]
Page 98 of 221
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up