ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 221
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:40 AM 05-29-2018
This is too much fun I should have done this year's ago kayak fishing is the best thing ever.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:41 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So I called in last night and for Tuesday night to start my two weeks kayak fishing extravaganza on lake Wilson or wherever I may go.

Got off work @ 7am I've been putting in shitload of hours for several months just for this I've sacrificed nights off so I can do more of what I want longer period although it's been a rough start and took me longer than I wanted to get out here but I crammed my HHR of shit I needed and loaded my red Kayak on top. It was nice enough when I got out here but the weather stormed like a mother ****er and so far I think I hooked a big ass ****ing turtle but ended up breaking the line that mother ****er cock sucking son of a whore bitch **** turtle. He is lucky he didn't come to shore because I have a turtle buster knife to **** him up with. I hate turtles.

It's nice and piecefull now water is calm and I think I'll be trying out my kayak for the first time this morning.

Turtles suck for sure.

Love kayak fishing. Farm pond bass will troll you around.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:45 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
We tore up some crappie on Truman today. I was 2 shy of a limit. The first one I caught was a 15" monster. I also had a couple in the 13-14" range and my wife had a 14 incher as well (get your minds out of the gutter).

Easily the best day I've ever had there in regard to the quality of the fish. Great day.
There’s a crappie hole about a mile from me on the Sulphur, but every time I grab the pole and jump on the 4-wheeler, I get there and find people and just go back home.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:11 AM 05-29-2018
This is too much fun I should have done this year's ago kayak fishing is the best thing ever.
Love to Kayak creeks and rivers.

Went fishing on Stockton last week and caught keeper Walleye, White, Largemouth, Smallmouth Bass and Crappie. Best day in a while!
[Reply]
loochy 08:14 AM 05-29-2018
For you kayak guys:

How is it when trying to land a fish? I don't know if I'd be stable while trying to bend over and grab a fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:59 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
For you kayak guys:

How is it when trying to land a fish? I don't know if I'd be stable while trying to bend over and grab a fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Much easier than I thought and the boiancy (sp?) Much better than than I expected also and it's not like you have to lean over the edge to grab it like a boat I mean you can grab it right from surface.

Kayak fishing is best thing ever I regret not doing it sooner. If you're even thinking about it I'd sayso it.

Mine cost $169 on sale at Dunham's sports and it's the best investment I've ever made.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:18 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
For you kayak guys:

Posted via Mobile Device
I find it very eloquent.
When I catch a fish my rod hand is the right. Steer the fish to the left of the kayak, grab and boom, you landed a fish.

I went out kayak fishing right before dark Sunday at the lake I live on. The park had been busy with fisherman all day so my hopes of catching fish were low.
In the 45 minutes I fished I landed 9 Bass all above 14'. All top water and all near the banks. It was freaking explosive.
You just don't get days like that very often.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:31 PM 05-29-2018
Kayak fishing is like discovering pussy for the first time.
[Reply]
loochy 03:32 PM 05-29-2018
Kayak fishing is like discovering pussy for the first time.
So it'll be like my 32nd birthday?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:47 PM 05-29-2018
So I called in last night and for Tuesday night to start my two weeks kayak fishing extravaganza on lake Wilson or wherever I may go.

Got off work @ 7am I've been putting in shitload of hours for several months just for this I've sacrificed nights off so I can do more of what I want longer period although it's been a rough start and took me longer than I wanted to get out here but I crammed my HHR of shit I needed and loaded my red Kayak on top. It was nice enough when I got out here but the weather stormed like a mother ****er and so far I think I hooked a big ass ****ing turtle but ended up breaking the line that mother ****er cock sucking son of a whore bitch **** turtle. He is lucky he didn't come to shore because I have a turtle buster knife to **** him up with. I hate turtles.

It's nice and piecefull now water is calm and I think I'll be trying out my kayak for the first time this morning.
A couple years back, a work buddy lent me the use of his cabin on a private, small 8 acre lake and he had a peddle kayak

Gotta say it took some getting used to landing fish out of it, but damned if it wasnt awesome to quietly peddle into a little cove and get exactly where you want to be just coasting into the spot with no peddling... sneak in on those fish like a ninja

Ah yes turtles, those little bastards have stolen more bait from me than I can recall... its particularly bad at the local lake, they've become so trained by the bank beaters out there, that you'll see 2-3 at a time slowly cruising back and forth at roughly max casting range

Just waiting for you to dare try getting something past them

Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I find it very eloquent.
When I catch a fish my rod hand is the right. Steer the fish to the left of the kayak, grab and boom, you landed a fish.

I went out kayak fishing right before dark Sunday at the lake I live on. The park had been busy with fisherman all day so my hopes of catching fish were low.
In the 45 minutes I fished I landed 9 Bass all above 14'. All top water and all near the banks. It was freaking explosive.
You just don't get days like that very often.
Almost every fish I caught this weekend was within 2-3 feet of shore, they were apparently hiding in the shade of riprap... what was your topwater lure?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A couple years back, a work buddy lent me the use of his cabin on a private, small 8 acre lake and he had a peddle kayak

Gotta say it took some getting used to landing fish out of it, but damned if it wasnt awesome to quietly peddle into a little cove and get exactly where you want to be just coasting into the spot with no peddling... sneak in on those fish like a ninja

Ah yes turtles, those little bastards have stolen more bait from me than I can recall... its particularly bad at the local lake, they've become so trained by the bank beaters out there, that you'll see 2-3 at a time slowly cruising back and forth at roughly max casting range

Just waiting for you to dare try getting something past them

Almost every fish I caught this weekend was within 2-3 feet of shore, they were apparently hiding in the shade of riprap... what was your topwater lure?

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:08 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If only that were possible at this lake, its far too close to town, crowded and regulated

You're not truly 'out in the woods' there at all
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:10 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
[IMG][/IMG]

Took my five year old on her second boat trip last weekend. Our first try two years ago didn’t work out. She freaked out being on the boat. She said she was ready this time. Woke her up at 530am and off we went. She didn’t catch any fish on her little kids pole but almost mastered casting it.

I’d catch something and if it didn’t feel big I’d let her reel it in. She ended up reeling in six, four saugeye and two white bass. She went five hours on the boat and didn’t complain once. Pretty awesome day for me. Saugeye must have been spawning or finishing as we caught close to 15 mainly in the same flat area.
Now that’s awesome. Great pic.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:12 PM 05-29-2018
In for another storm brewing I can't leave cuz don't want risk getting stuck on muddy road and get hit by the storm.

This is going be fun & or really suck.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:17 PM 05-29-2018
It has been an awful fishing season for me. I’ve made it out twice. We’ve had to cancel several times due to storms. We can only fish on weekends. It will be nice out all week but when the weekend comes a storm will arrive.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 221
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198 > Last »
Up