ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 107
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
007 03:11 PM 02-14-2024
OK enough jokes. Any real news on the shooter and victims yet. I heard kids got hit.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:12 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I went to the Royals one in 15, that's enough for me it was just to much. To many people, can't move, everyone being a fuckin dick.
Yeah its just not fun. Went to that one too and never again.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:12 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Sounds like they're getting close to locating the other parties involved.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agree with that. Especially with kids.

It doesn’t have to be a shooting for it to be a regrettable experience.
Bro taking a kid to a Chiefs game can be a terrible experience.
[Reply]
Best22 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often
There was a crazy fight and violent assault at the Cowboys SB parade in January 1993
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I went to the Royals one in 15, that's enough for me it was just to much. To many people, can't move, everyone being a fuckin dick.
yeah that was it for me as well. I really wanted to go today because of the great weather but had something I couldn't get out of. My step daughter went and she is safe but said tons of drunk rude people and she won't do that again. Glad I didn't go.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:
Neither of those guys are chasing him when the video starts. I guess it's suspicious that the dude was running when no one else was. If he just walks casually be probably gets away.

Okay looks like a cop is casually chasing him for some reason, which must have alerted the bystanders.

Well no, then the cop just runs right by lol.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
No idea the appeal of taking myself, much less my kids, to an overpacked event like this full of people using it as an excuse to drink excessively.
How do they even drink excessively? You can't really even move. Need to block it off. Charge for entry. Keeps scumbags away.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:
Wow. Badass dudes. *Hat Tip*
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Look like teenagers, not even wearing Chiefs gear.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:13 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Neither of those guys are chasing him when the video starts. I guess it's suspicious that the dude was running when no one else was. If he just walks casually be probably gets away.
That dude is a real moron, had he just walked normal no one would have noticed lol.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:14 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I don't make it to KC often. I was watching a cop show the other day when they said Kansas City was the meth capital of the world. That surprised me. I do agree that I think all cities are getting bad. Fortunately I am not a big parade fan so I end up avoiding all the problems.
Independence has been known as the supplier or distribution center for all of the Midwest for at least a decade.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agree with that. Especially with kids.

It doesn’t have to be a shooting for it to be a regrettable experience.
We stopped going to the 4th of July celebration at Liberty Memorial for that very reason.

It's just a bad scene, IMO. Too much chaos.

And by the way - this is also why a downtown stadium just isn't a great idea. It sounds wonderful in theory, but the reality is you're going to have elements like this around that stadium every single night. And if the Royals ever get good again and you have 40K people streaming in and out, you're going to have problems like this pretty much every evening.

Busch Stadium in downtown STL is a fucking cesspool after games. If you're lucky you can get out before the press really starts (and maybe get on the metro and the hell out of town before there are 10,000 people there waiting for a tram). If you don't, it's a warzone.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - I'll never move back to KC. Don't miss it even a little. But if I were a resident, especially downtown or downtown adjacent, I'd have zero interest in the idea.
[Reply]
ping2000 03:14 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Interactive?

The Tavia and Gracie versions might get a lot of attention.
"Honey! Check me out! I'm on stage with Travis! "I've got friends in low places!
[Reply]
DaFace 03:14 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by 007:
OK enough jokes. Any real news on the shooter and victims yet. I heard kids got hit.
Nothing is concrete.

UPDATE:

Christine Hamele with HCA told @DanaAndParks that as far as she can confirm, there were at least 15 victims.

That is 15 confirmed shot. It was reported that there were several in critical condition. RED emergency.

They're expecting the # to increase.#ChiefsParade

— Samuel Stueve III 🎙 (@6ftSamIII) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
Page 20 of 107
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up