ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3319 of 3903
« First < 2319281932193269330933153316331733183319 33203321332233233329336934193819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 01:06 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They don't
Sure, we can do it again:

Every time we see increases in cases, we see increases in hospitalizations and deaths.

Granted, that fact may not mean jack shit to you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:12 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Dinger runs away after facts are presented. Nothing new
Nah he just spins the narrative to his own qualifiers. Like here where now its not about whether it happens or not, its now about how often.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:15 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nah he just spins the narrative to his own qualifiers. Like here where now its not about whether it happens or not, its now about how often.
So using his words. His precious numbers can go up, but be ruled meaningless since they are highly inaccurate...cool
[Reply]
petegz28 01:41 PM 12-17-2020
I had Covid in October. There is still a good chance if I took a PCR test I would still show positive. If I have a heart attack and die tomorrow and test positive of Covid what column do you think my death gets recorded in?
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I had Covid in October. There is still a good chance if I took a PCR test I would still show positive. If I have a heart attack and die tomorrow and test positive of Covid what column do you think my death gets recorded in?
Do you think a viral infection could cause myocardial issues for someone your age?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Do you think a viral infection could cause myocardial issues for someone your age?
That's not what I asked......but why couldn't it?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:51 PM 12-17-2020
Which ever gets the hospital more money.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:52 PM 12-17-2020
I just don't know why this is still a topic of debate (which is why I largely try to stay out of it). Are a ton of people dying from COVID? All you have to do is call up your local hospital and ask to get an answer to that one.

Beyond that, I don't really understand what the value is in debating the nuance of the exact numbers at this point. Guys like you don't really seem to give a shit if it's 5,000 or 500,000, so why do we bother talking about it?
[Reply]
jdubya 01:54 PM 12-17-2020
My County has been shutdown for 3/4 weeks but they are extending the shutdown for another month because the covid numbers are still climbing. So much for masks and shutdowns slowing anything down. Maybe if we are all mandated to wear double masks?

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:56 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My County has been shutdown for 3/4 weeks but they are extending the shutdown for another month because the covid numbers are still climbing. So much for masks and shutdowns slowing anything down. Maybe if we are all mandated to wear double masks?

How it works..if the numbers go down it's because of the restrictions. If the numbers go up it's because people were not following the rules.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:56 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just don't know why this is still a topic of debate (which is why I largely try to stay out of it). Are a ton of people dying from COVID? All you have to do is call up your local hospital and ask to get an answer to that one.

Beyond that, I don't really understand what the value is in debating the nuance of the exact numbers at this point. Guys like you don't really seem to give a shit if it's 5,000 or 500,000, so why do we bother talking about it?
So you know the answer to the question is probably one you don't like so you have to accuse me of "not caring". Got it......:-)

See, guys like you don't care if the facts aren't really the facts as long as it stokes fear. And that's all you like to do is stoke fear. Doesn't matter how.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:58 PM 12-17-2020

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How it works..if the numbers go down it's because of the restrictions. If the numbers go up it's because people were not following the rules.
We will find out in 20 years that wearing masks actually made things worse!!

Probably not but the way this year has gone it wouldn't shock me at all.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:06 PM 12-17-2020
So you know the answer to the question is probably one you don't like so you have to accuse me of "not caring". Got it......:-)

See, guys like you don't care if the facts aren't really the facts as long as it stokes fear. And that's all you like to do is stoke fear. Doesn't matter how.
Feel free to tell me the level at which you would have favored "lock downs." It doesn't seem to me that you'd be in favor of shutting things down even if there were 5 million people dead, so again, I just don't know why you go on endlessly debating the numbers as if it's somehow going to change your opinion.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:09 PM 12-17-2020

We haven't had the shut downs per say but we have had a mask mandate since July and similar situation, cases continue to go up.

I still say masks may help some but I don't think they help as much as people think. Whether that's because people don't wear them right or wear the wrong masks or maybe the mask just isn't effective as we thought?

On that note I post a story yesterday that had a study that said wearing a "used mask" might be worse than no mask at all and of course I am accused of minimizing masks.

Point being some here have a bit of tunnel vision.

Suffice it to say there are more people wearing masks now than there were 6 months ago and the cases are surging. That's a hell of a coinkydink though I am sure that's all it is.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:12 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Feel free to tell me the level at which you would have favored "lock downs." It doesn't seem to me that you'd be in favor of shutting things down even if there were 5 million people dead, so again, I just don't know why you go on endlessly debating the numbers as if it's somehow going to change your opinion.
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?
[Reply]
Page 3319 of 3903
« First < 2319281932193269330933153316331733183319 33203321332233233329336934193819 > Last »
Up