ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3316 of 3903
« First < 2316281632163266330633123313331433153316 33173318331933203326336634163816 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
What do you mean not hospitalized? They are in the hospital and they are counted as Covid if they test +. Have seen numerous confirmations of this.

The only question is % total in each hospital.
If you're coming in for an elective surgery, you have to have a covid test prior to having the surgery. If you're positive, you don't have the surgery and therefor aren't hospitalized.

If you have a car accident and require emergency surgery and test positive, you have to be placed into the covid unit because you are a potential infection source.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 12-17-2020
In Miami the answer to your question is yes. More than 50%.
Show us the source for that info if you dont' mind
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:03 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're coming in for an elective surgery, you have to have a covid test prior to having the surgery. If you're positive, you don't have the surgery and therefor aren't hospitalized.

If you have a car accident and require emergency surgery and test positive, you have to be placed into the covid unit because you are a potential infection source.
Hmm. I guess it depends who's counting them, right?!

Over the last week, 898 patients at Miami’s public hospitals tested positive for the novel coronavirus, but more than half of them — 471 — were admitted for other reasons, largely to emergency rooms, without typical COVID-19 symptoms.

Public health experts say it’s yet another indicator of increasingly widespread transmission of the virus in Miami-Dade County, as the virus ramps up across the country. Vicky Perez, a nurse and the director of critical care at Jackson North Medical Center, said she’s seen it in growing numbers: Patients who show up for anything from a car accident to abdominal pain are later testing positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...247234864.html
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 12-17-2020
I don't have a Miami Herald membership to open that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 12-17-2020
Hmm. I guess it depends who's counting them, right?!

Over the last week, 898 patients at Miami’s public hospitals tested positive for the novel coronavirus, but more than half of them — 471 — were admitted for other reasons, largely to emergency rooms, without typical COVID-19 symptoms.

Public health experts say it’s yet another indicator of increasingly widespread transmission of the virus in Miami-Dade County, as the virus ramps up across the country. Vicky Perez, a nurse and the director of critical care at Jackson North Medical Center, said she’s seen it in growing numbers: Patients who show up for anything from a car accident to abdominal pain are later testing positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...247234864.html
They're later testing positive for it. Ok. Lets reason our way thru this. When are they testing for it? While in the hospital? After?

Do they show symptoms after they test? Are they getting it in the actual hospital? Thats also one week. You stated 50% of the Covid patients in Miami are confirmed asymptomatic and by test only. Is that for the entire period or are you basing this all of this single article?
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 12-17-2020
I don't trust any of the numbers at this point.

The "cases".

The hospitalizations.

The deaths.

All of them linked to the PCR Test run to 40+ cycles.
Of course you don't. But just for chuckles, why don't you trust the death numbers?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:13 AM 12-17-2020
They're later testing positive for it. Ok. Lets reason our way thru this. When are they testing for it? While in the hospital? After?

Do they show symptoms after they test? Are they getting it in the actual hospital? Thats also one week. You stated 50% of the Covid patients in Miami are confirmed asymptomatic and by test only. Is that for the entire period or are you basing this all of this single article?
This is one article but is a summary of all the Miami public hospitals. I have also seen evidence pointing to this in other cities as well. The issue is we only get info like this in trickles and drops.

Very little reporting going on as usual.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 12-17-2020
This is one article but is a summary of all the Miami public hospitals. I have also seen evidence pointing to this in other cities as well. The issue is we only get info like this in trickles and drops.

Very little reporting going on as usual.
What evidence? Maybe we could see it?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 AM 12-17-2020
Debating with tinfoil hats is a fruitless exercise.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:16 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Of course you don't. But just for chuckles, why don't you trust the death numbers?
I am not going to spend a long time playing word games with you today.

But the same question that everyone has when looking at the numbers dead counted.

How many from Covid and how many with Covid?

I don't have the answer.

But you start there and see where it goes. Excess death in many places such as Sweden shows almost no impact from this.

In the US we look to have some excess death but again, you compare that to what? Last 4 years average? Take into account population growth?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:22 AM 12-17-2020
What evidence? Maybe we could see it?
After days of fighting my way up the chain of command, I finally found a responsible hospital administrator willing to speak the truth to me. I will refrain from publishing his name for his own protection. He told me that he has “tons” of asymptomatic patients across his hospital system occupying expensive and badly needed hospital beds who cannot be released to rehab or nursing homes because their PCR tests are still coming back positive. Some for months.

Every doctor in the hospital realizes that these patients are neither sick nor contagious. Every medical expert knows that PCR tests are highly prone to trigger on tiny fragments of residual RNA even when there is no communicable disease present.

Dr. Michael Mina, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, recently explained this phenomenon to the New York Times.

“We’ve been using one type of data for everything, and that is just plus or minus — that’s all,” Dr. Mina said. “We’re using that for clinical diagnostics, for public health, for policy decision-making.”

But yes-no isn’t good enough, he added. It’s the amount of virus that should dictate the infected patient’s next steps. “It’s really irresponsible, I think, to forgo the recognition that this is a quantitative issue,” Dr. Mina said.

The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

Unfortunately, Cuomo’s executive order prevents these people from being discharged. And they are piling up. This is not good science. It is not even good politics. It is madness.

https://fee.org/articles/how-andrew-...mbo-for-weeks/
[Reply]
Donger 09:22 AM 12-17-2020
I am not going to spend a long time playing word games with you today.

But the same question that everyone has when looking at the numbers dead counted.

How many from Covid and how many with Covid?

I don't have the answer.

But you start there and see where it goes. Excess death in many places such as Sweden shows almost no impact from this.

In the US we look to have some excess death but again, you compare that to what? Last 4 years average? Take into account population growth?
You do understand that COVID-19 is not listed as the immediate cause of death on certificates of people it killed, right? That doesn't mean that COVID-19 didn't kill them.

For example:

Do you agree that COVID-19 killed this person?

And, here are Sweden's excess deaths:

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

No impact, eh?
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 12-17-2020
After days of fighting my way up the chain of command, I finally found a responsible hospital administrator willing to speak the truth to me. I will refrain from publishing his name for his own protection. He told me that he has “tons” of asymptomatic patients across his hospital system occupying expensive and badly needed hospital beds who cannot be released to rehab or nursing homes because their PCR tests are still coming back positive. Some for months.

Every doctor in the hospital realizes that these patients are neither sick nor contagious. Every medical expert knows that PCR tests are highly prone to trigger on tiny fragments of residual RNA even when there is no communicable disease present.

Dr. Michael Mina, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, recently explained this phenomenon to the New York Times.

“We’ve been using one type of data for everything, and that is just plus or minus — that’s all,” Dr. Mina said. “We’re using that for clinical diagnostics, for public health, for policy decision-making.”

But yes-no isn’t good enough, he added. It’s the amount of virus that should dictate the infected patient’s next steps. “It’s really irresponsible, I think, to forgo the recognition that this is a quantitative issue,” Dr. Mina said.

The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

Unfortunately, Cuomo’s executive order prevents these people from being discharged. And they are piling up. This is not good science. It is not even good politics. It is madness.

https://fee.org/articles/how-andrew-...mbo-for-weeks/
I've been following Mina for a while. I agree on alot of what he's saying.

I still dont' think this is a mass phenomenon thats happening across the nation.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:26 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You do understand that COVID-19 is not listed as the immediate cause of death on certificates of people it killed, right? That doesn't mean that COVID-19 didn't kill them.

For example:

Do you agree that COVID-19 killed this person?

And, here are Sweden's excess deaths:

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

No impact, eh?
I know all about that. You are correct. But we also know people who are counted as Covid dead because they tested positive on PCR test. Many states have been doing death certificate matching, looking for more to add as Covid casualties.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:27 AM 12-17-2020
Dinger hasn't left his house in 4 months
[Reply]
Page 3316 of 3903
« First < 2316281632163266330633123313331433153316 33173318331933203326336634163816 > Last »
Up