ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 221
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:11 PM 04-04-2012
one of my great days a few years back... no dinks, all fish caught that day were big... I have not had a day like that since :-)

[Reply]
Dartgod 02:15 PM 04-04-2012
What's the limit in NC? It's 15 here in Missouri.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:21 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
What's the limit in NC? It's 15 here in Missouri.
On that lake as many as you want to take.... On others it's 20 per person and they have to be atleast 8 inches
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:05 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Just use one of your 200 collectible Medieval and Samurai swords. I know you have them. Don't act like you don't.
Heh, yea, no.
Diesel Mechanic buddy has his man cave walls covered with that crap, but he’s a Raiduhz fan so, you know…….
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:49 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-)

They should hang a gar for these guys to test their blades on.

meh. that's no Hattori Hanzo sword
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:53 PM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Seriously? The Neosho is loaded with them, and so is any other body of water it backs into during the spring floods. In August when the water is low and slow that’s about all you’ll catch out of the river, mostly long nose and short nose with an alligator gar every great once in a while.
Yeah, they're pretty common up here as well in the illinois river, used to catch them all of the time trotlining as a kid & like Sofa said, they're considered trash fish & nuisances, they'd be killed & thrown out or given to us kids to ooh n ahh over.

Thinking my method will be simple topwater bobber fishing, using back hooked live bait, i'm planning to head south a few hundred miles for vacation this year & fish the mighty miss for them, i'll prolly have better luck getting decent sized ones than on the illinois river, this things choked up with these damned asian carp.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:36 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by scott free:
Yeah, they're pretty common up here as well in the illinois river, used to catch them all of the time trotlining as a kid & like Sofa said, they're considered trash fish & nuisances, they'd be killed & thrown out or given to us kids to ooh n ahh over.

Thinking my method will be simple topwater bobber fishing, using back hooked live bait, i'm planning to head south a few hundred miles for vacation this year & fish the mighty miss for them, i'll prolly have better luck getting decent sized ones than on the illinois river, this things choked up with these damned asian carp.
That sucks.
I don’t catch every episode but when there’s nothing else on I’ll watch Hillbilly Hand Fishing and it’s surprising how many of them are in the Red River. They had one come flying out of the water and nailed this model chick straight in the face, gave her a big ole black eye.
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:36 AM 04-05-2012
I just realized I never shared this pic from when I went to Hawaii last fall. Cutting myself (other than the arm) out of it so I don't end up as Fisty :-)

[Reply]
loochy 08:38 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
I just realized I never shared this pic from when I went to Hawaii last fall. Cutting myself (other than the arm) out of it so I don't end up as Fisty :-)

Oh man you are lucky! We only caught a couple of tuna at the end of the trip (6 hour trip). Who did you get your charter through? We used Maggie Joe.

Also, you won't end up as fisty unless you have a retarded tattoo.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:44 AM 04-05-2012

Nice sails. Did you mount them or something?
[Reply]
loochy 08:45 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Nice sails. Did you mount them or something?
I think the ship captains keep them and take them to market.
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:49 AM 04-05-2012
After doing some research online, I ended up using "Wild Bunch".
The sailfish wasn't mine, I got lucky enough to get the marlin (207 pounds)
Didn't keep any part of them, as loochy said, the boat keeps pretty much everything to help keep the charter costs down.
[Reply]
loochy 08:56 AM 04-05-2012
Didn't keep any part of them, as loochy said, the boat keeps pretty much everything to help keep the charter costs down.
Our captain was super cool. They kept the bigeye tuna that we caught and they gave us the yellowfin to eat. I think the policy on our boat was that we get to keep half of any fish under 100 lbs and anything over 100 lbs was the captain's property.

How tired did you get while you were bringing that thing in? I got pretty tired with my little 30 lb tuna.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:57 AM 04-05-2012
I never caught a marlin, but I've caught a bunch of sailfish. My parents were crazy into deep sea fishing when I was growing up. They'd go to the Cabo area (without me) a couple of times a year.

I'm sort of surprised that they keep bill fish in Hawaii. In Mexico, from what I remember, they'd keep them if the fish wasn't going to be revived. Now mahi mahi... we ate those bastards like crazy.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:59 AM 04-05-2012
Well fuck. Was hammering some pike at the lake last night, and i hooked a monster. He ran to the boat, turned and ran away, which is the exact moment i realized my drag wasn't set right, he pulled, the line exploded, and i lost my favorite lure. The same lure i caught that big bass on last year. Fuck. Guess I'll need to buy more. I have 1 backup already.

Had to be 10 lbs. Gonna restring my line as well.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 221
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up