ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
TLO 09:27 AM 09-27-2021
If there is a time to be humbled, probably better for it to be in September as opposed to January.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:38 AM 09-27-2021
Strangely, I felt less worried yesterday than I did after the Ravens game, to be honest.

It was frustrating to lose twice already, sure. But I don't think there are fundamental cracks in the foundation.

Stepping back from the emotion of it - we were a CEH fumble away from winning in Baltimore, and if we keep just 1 of the 3 first half turnovers and convert, or if they don't call that BS PI on Baker, we very likely win yesterday.

What I did see yesterday was some growth, resilience and fight, which I appreciated. I think we will trend up from here, and I don't think that's just rose-colored glasses.

- I think we will continue getting better on Defense, and both Frank and Gay coming back helps. I'm not a huge fan of Ward, but he will help as well.
- I think we still have gaps to fill in two key spots if we want to win the Super Bowl: Creating Pressure, and a 3rd (large body) receiving option.

Pressure: This could be Frank, but I'm not holding my breath. Perhaps he can give us just enough that he frees up someone else. Perhaps we need to get a little crazier with our Blitzes. Gay? Sneed?

Large-bodied pass catcher: Romo said it best - they are going to cap the ceiling, so Chiefs need to learn to play in the basement. We will be looking at long drives and underneath shit all year long, so we may as well master it. We have 3 TE's who could possibly fill this role, but ideally, we can identify a trade partner for a proven veteran X WR who can move the sticks; not even a star necessarily, but someone PM can trust. Again, maybe it develops in house with the TE crew, but I don't see it.

Even if we don't find a solution for the two spots above, I still think this is a team who can and should be playing in the AFC Championship. Just gotta keep the ball in our own hands.
[Reply]
tooge 09:57 AM 09-27-2021
Oh, I'll be just fine. I don't let NFL football dictate how my life is going. We've been pretty spoiled around here for the past three seasons. This one may be a down year. No worries. We have Mahomes, and whether they end up revamping the D or whatever, the Chiefs will be in every game for the next decade. If this year is a turd, then I go hunting more and watch less football.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:11 AM 09-27-2021
Yes OP, we will be fine. Early season NFL is akin to pre-All-Star break Baseball, or regular season NBA. Who fucking cares. It has no bearing on how the team plays come post season.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:14 AM 09-27-2021
We're definitely playing from the basement now
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:16 AM 09-27-2021
Imagine a team so terrible that they turn the ball over 4 times, get ass blasted by a penalty on 4th down to keep the other team on the field, and theyre still taking it down to the last play. We will be fine. This team has been sloppy in two of the three phases. Clean up 1-2 out of 10 or more mistakes and both of these losses are wins.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes OP, we will be fine. Early season NFL is akin to pre-All-Star break Baseball, or regular season NBA. Who fucking cares. It has no bearing on how the team plays come post season.
It's a little amusing how internal-facing fans can be about their own team's warts, but it's not like the Bucs yesterday were winning the Super Bowl, or the Packers last night or week 1, or the Bills week 1 (who always look amazing against those non playoff teams!), or those 6-4 Bucs last season, or that 6-4 2109 Chiefs team for that matter, or....
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 09-27-2021
Remember in 2014 when that Pats team rolled into Arrowhead on Monday night and got blown out.

They hung a banner that year.

It's September. The last couple years have spoiled us to it. Win Sunday, 2-2. Go from there.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:42 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
What part of hypothetical experiment is confusing to you?...you're just trying to make a dumb argument that I dont have time to entertain.

Whether or not there is physical money involved is irrelevant...it inst about "Winning", it about seeing if there is pattern to how the money lines are manipulated so Vegas always comes out in the (+) category.
hypothetical in that scenery is goofball bullshit. either you put your money where you mouth is or shut the fuck up, kid.

hypothetical wins are nothing more kid play date shit. make believe bullshit.

btw a win isn't a win if you have nothing to show for it.
[Reply]
TEX 10:45 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
hypothetical in that scenery is goofball bullshit. either you put your money where you mouth is or shut the **** up, kid.

hypothetical wins are nothing more kid play date shit. make believe bullshit.

btw a win isn't a win if you have nothing to show for it.
WTF???
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:50 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
WTF???
Don't you want to be rich? He portrays that he has such insightful information into the corruption and engineering of game results in the NFL. Maybe we can all make a little money here from his knowledge.
[Reply]
NEOM 11:04 AM 09-27-2021
WHO won a Super Bowl in September or October?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 AM 09-27-2021

Updated odds to win #SuperBowl LVI:

Chiefs +600
Buccaneers +600
Rams +800
Bills +900
Packers +1000
Ravens +1400
Browns +1400
49ers +1400
Chargers +2000
Titans +2000
Cardinals +2200
Broncos +2200
Cowboys +2800
Raiders +2800
Saints +3000
Seahawks +3000

(Bovada)#NFLtwitter #NFL

— Odds Shark (@OddsShark) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 11:08 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Don't you want to be rich? He portrays that he has such insightful information into the corruption and engineering of game results in the NFL. Maybe we can all make a little money here from his knowledge.
Naw, B Op is ok. He doesn't claim to have insightful info. He just poses "what if's." It's up to you to make your own decision whether you want to entertain what he mentions as being a possibility.
[Reply]
TLO 11:09 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
VEGAS HAS SPOKEN

OR AT LEAST BOVADA
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up