Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 PM 02-20-2024
Whatever guy is most like Skyy Moore, don't draft
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 PM 02-20-2024
Jeremiah having Newton falling out of the 1st gives me hope that he could fall into our range.

Newton and Wilson/Burton/Pearsall in the 2nd would be perfect.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:43 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jeremiah having Newton falling out of the 1st gives me hope that he could fall into our range.

Newton and Wilson/Burton/Pearsall in the 2nd would be perfect.
Good, now take Leggette off your list and put him on. Haha.

I think the draft pundits don't like him against the run so much that they are paralyzed and just move him down the boards. I still come back to what's most important in the NFL and at the end of the day, it's pass rush. These are the same pundits that sucked off Calijah Kancey for months and he ended up going 19th, yet Newton is bigger and better than Kancey playing against tougher competition. In a league starved for quality penetrators at the DT position, I don't see how either he or Murphy are there at our pick and I think Newton is a better player than Murphy at disrupting the LOS.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:15 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Good, now take Leggette off your list and put him on. Haha.

I think the draft pundits don't like him against the run so much that they are paralyzed and just move him down the boards. I still come back to what's most important in the NFL and at the end of the day, it's pass rush. These are the same pundits that sucked off Calijah Kancey for months and he ended up going 19th, yet Newton is bigger and better than Kancey playing against tougher competition. In a league starved for quality penetrators at the DT position, I don't see how either he or Murphy are there at our pick and I think Newton is a better player than Murphy at disrupting the LOS.
Would you prefer Newton to Sweat if we kept Jones?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Would you prefer Newton to Sweat if we kept Jones?
I'd prefer Newton to Sweat either way.

Newton would be a fantastic pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I like McMillan a lot. He’s just a smooth athlete. He transitions well and I could see him becoming a really good route runner. I get the intrigue with Burton. He’s amazing on the deep ball and really adjusts well in the air to catch the ball. I’d rather have McMillan in the third than Burton in the 2nd. I think there is more nuance to McMillan’s game and long term, I think he will be a really solid pro. Plus Burton is a hot head. He talks trash after every good play he makes. There’s some risk there with his judgement.
I think as teams get into McMillan's 2022 tape, he'll move up. I don't think he's there at the back of the 3rd and I'm a little worried he won't be there in the 2nd.

McMillan is a guy that's staying off the draft head's radars because of his injury this year but he looked like a guy ready to explode coming off his JR season. And he looked good when available this year.

When the regional scouts get 2022 tape in front of their GMs and personnel directors, those guys are going to have McMillan pretty high, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 02-21-2024
I like McMillan alot. Would love him in the 2nd.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:37 AM 02-21-2024
What other wrs do yall like in the 2nd or 3rd? I just don’t see us going wr in round 1 with this much depth. Do you have list of 2nd round guys at wr? And 3rd round WRs?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:56 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
What other wrs do yall like in the 2nd or 3rd? I just don’t see us going wr in round 1 with this much depth. Do you have list of 2nd round guys at wr? And 3rd round WRs?
2nd round:

Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington
Roman Wilson, Michigan
Jermaine Burton, Alabama
Ricky Pearsall, Florida
Jalen McMillan, Washington
Ladd McConkey, Georgia
Devontez Walker, UNC
Brenden Rice, USC

Some of these guys will probably go in the 3rd, but I don't expect any of them to make it to 96.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 02-21-2024
2nd round:

Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington
Roman Wilson, Michigan
Jermaine Burton, Alabama
Ricky Pearsall, Florida
Ladd McConkey, Georgia
Devontez Walker, UNC
Brenden Rice, USC

Some of these guys will probably go in the 3rd, but I don't expect any of them to make it to 96.
See I keep running into this when I look at our first round WR options.

I like Worthy and Franklin better, but not THAT much better.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:12 AM 02-21-2024
I think Troy Franklin would be a monster in the Chiefs offense so.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
See I keep running into this when I look at our first round WR options.

I like Worthy and Franklin better, but not THAT much better.
Eh, I think Franklin (and Thomas Jr.) are in a different tier than Worthy.

Only way I'm passing up Franklin or Thomas Jr. is if somebody like Newton or Mims falls into our lap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 02-21-2024
2nd round:

Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington
Roman Wilson, Michigan
Jermaine Burton, Alabama
Ricky Pearsall, Florida
Ladd McConkey, Georgia
Devontez Walker, UNC
Brenden Rice, USC

I'd have a similar list but broken up a bit (which means I probably won't get most of them)

2nd:

Walker
McMillan
Mitchell
Worthy
Legette
Wilson
Burton (would need the interviews to go well)

3rd:

McConkey
Polk
Pearsall
Rice
Thrash (curious to see how he times; he looks faster than the listed times for him)

Does that mean I wouldn't end up getting any of those guys I list as 3rd round guys? Yeah - probably. But I wouldn't be happy to see any of them taken in the 2nd so I'd just shrug and move along. Any one of them COULD be guys I move up into that 2nd round status (probably not Thrash), but I don't think it's terribly likely.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:29 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd prefer Newton to Sweat either way.

Newton would be a fantastic pick.
I really don't see a scenario where Newton is there at 32. I could be wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I really don't see a scenario where Newton is there at 32. I could be wrong.
When a guy like DJ has him falling out of the 1st entirely, it's at least a small possibility.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up