ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 146
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:29 AM 01-30-2023
JuJu was literally on the field after the game celebrating.. he will be fine. Same with Hardman
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I think the Chiefs being decimated with Injuries is going to have an impact.
Hopefully not though.
I swear people are really underestimating the value of an extra week. Most of those guys will back, and more importantly, Mahomes and Kelce will be healthier.
[Reply]
Justtalkinfootball 09:31 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I swear people are really underestimating the value of an extra week. Most of those guys will back, and more importantly, Mahomes and Kelce will be healthier.
Yeah I agree…
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:33 AM 01-30-2023
Anyone acting like the Eagles have a huge advantage is either a homer or a fool or both.

KC has the same record in the far better conference. KC has the better QB and coach (easily the two most important boxes to check).

0.445 points/play vs 0.432. 4.7 yards allowed per play vs 5.1. 6.3 yards per play for KC and 5.8 for the Eagles.

Side note: KC is 5-0 vs the NFC and has outscored them 179-95. They've scored 40+ in three of the five. Averaged 36 ppg and allowed 19 ppg.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They'll be back, but at what level?

Toney is the one I'm most interested in.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:37 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Anyone acting like the Eagles have a huge advantage is either a homer or a fool or both.

KC has the same record in the far better conference. KC has the better QB and coach (easily the two most important boxes to check).

0.445 points/play vs 0.432. 4.7 yards allowed per play vs 5.1. 6.3 yards per play for KC and 5.8 for the Eagles.

Side note: KC is 5-0 vs the NFC and has outscored them 179-95. They've scored 40+ in three of the five. Averaged 36 ppg and allowed 19 ppg.
Right, if the offense is close to 100%. It's really about all healing now, because a Chiefs team near 100% is the better team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:38 AM 01-30-2023
I have a question for the Eagles fan.

What do Eagles fans think of their pass protection/Hurts pocket presence?

Hurts was sacked 38 times in 15 games with another 6 sacks on Minshew. Hurts was sacked on 7.6% of his drop backs.

For reference, Joe Burrow was sacked 41 times in 16 games on 6.3% of his dropbacks.

Is this cause for concern with a fairly inexperienced QB in the Super Bowl? Or an example of the stats not telling the entire story?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:44 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Justtalkinfootball:
Yet the record of all your opponents is much worse than the Eagles opponents… Round and round we go… Statistics LOL.

btw, eagles played Dallas twice, not three times. The Eagles dominant pass rush knocked Purdy out of the game…then it knocked Johnson out of the game. In the division round the Giants were the Darling of the NFL… The Eagles kicked their keisters.

There is a reason that they are 2.5 point favourites over the Chiefs.
If you look at the top opponents on each schedule, there's no comparison. Nobody cares if the bottom feeders on your schedule won a few more games than the bottom feeders on KC's. Plus, the AFC was clearly superior to the NFC. Teams like Seattle and NYG don't sniff the playoffs in the AFC.

The Vegas line might have a lot to do with the current health of each team. Which could change a lot over the next two weeks. Also, if you think that Vegas sets lines based only on team strength, you don't know much about Vegas.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:45 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The 2018-2019 Ravens team is getting a little underrated because of how their season ended.

They had a really good OL. Their running backs were really productive in that system. Mark Andrews was/is really good.

The WRs weren’t the best, but that system didn’t really rely on them.

I would argue that the OLs were at least about even (especially with Lane Johnson fighting an injury). Ravens had better backs. I’d also take Andrews over Goedert.

Eagles have a huge advantage at WR though.
that team was really good and they played their style/system well, but the philosophy of it and their lack of playmakers on offense definitely capped their ceiling on offense. The eagles dont have the same issue. They have the elite OL/TE/RB play ON TOP of having two elite receivers. This team is a different beast.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:46 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Justtalkinfootball:
You should learn that, though quarterback play the very important, it is baked in to a team’s winning percentage. It doesn’t matter that you have a great quarterback If you lose games… And you folks are citing all these quarterbacks who’s teams lost a lot of games…you have the second easiest SOS in the league.

I do think you had the tougher schedule…in the playoffs, but come on, it’s kind of silly when you make fun of the eagles regular season schedule… your opponents had a much lower winning percentage than the Eagles opponents. If you’re going to get that arrogant, and the statistics do not support your argument, then you’re going to get push back
Regular season results matter very little, if at all.

All we have to determine if a team is a legit playoff or SB contender is the very few games they play against other true playoff/SB contenders (and not win/loss, just if they can compete againat the best), plus their playoff experiences of the recent past. And this year that's been the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, and probably the 49ers with a 1st string QB.

If you don't know who the Chiefs are as a playoff team by now, then you must be brand new to football, but could also look at the close games against the Bills and Bengals earlier this year, or the 49ers when they had a 1st string QB, or last night when a one-legged Mahomes had guys dropping like flies on both sides of the ball and still beat one of the SB favorites.

Where is the evidence that the Eagles can compete with or beat a true SB contender? Beating, uh, non-SB contenders and the 49ers with a 4th string QB?

OK.:-)

Doesn't mean they suck, doesn't mean they aren't actually a true SB contender... it just means they're a huge unknown.

And that's okay, but if you want to hang your hat on beating Daniel Jones and the Chiefs losing to the Colts, that's cool.... :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 AM 01-30-2023
Bengals WR core are much better than the Eagles so the key is Spags come up with a game plan to stop the run and put a hurt on Hurts
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
that team was really good and they played their style/system well, but the philosophy of it and their lack of playmakers on offense definitely capped their ceiling on offense. The eagles dont have the same issue. They have the elite OL/TE/RB play ON TOP of having two elite receivers. This team is a different beast.
That Ravens team had elite play on the OL, at RB, and TE.

The only major advantage that the Eagles have over that team on offense is WR.

The Eagles have allowed 16 more sacks and ran for an entire yard per carry less than the Ravens did that year.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:49 AM 01-30-2023
Eagles are a great team. You might say they play in the NFC and discount them for that, but they can only beat the teams on their schedule. They have a good secondary and a good offense, good fronts on both sides.

Which QB is going to play the more efficient game? Will the Chiefs offense be undermanned again? Will the offense play 60 minutes? Are we going to keep Brown or Hurts’ feet from beating us?

I tend to think the Bengals are better, but Eagles are one of the top 3 teams. Should be a good game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 01-30-2023
Everyone downplaying the Eagles is making a mistake. Their offense is good and so is their defense.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:52 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That Ravens team had elite play on the OL, at RB, and TE.

The only major advantage that the Eagles have over that team on offense is WR.

The Eagles have allowed 16 more sacks and ran for an entire yard per carry less than the Ravens did that year.
the ravens had a more dominant run game but thats exactly why the eagles matchup better against us than that team would’ve, and why that team lost to a mids team like Tennessee. the eagles are much more capable of spreading it out and winning games with their passing attack. they’re more balanced than that ravens team. and i personally like hurts a little bit more as a QB than lamar.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 146
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up