ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
Yes 71 52.59%
No 55 40.74%
What the hell is a Limp Bizkit? Is that like some kind of Oriental sex position? 7 5.19%
Gaz thinks this kind of music is dumber than people that don't vaccinate their kids. 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
TLO 04:29 PM 01-30-2019
I was playing around on YouTube today, watching some guy play a version of GTA V where you can play as a police officer, and on the little sidebar was a Limp Bizkit video for "Rollin".

Fred Durst reminds me of Scumbag Steve in the worst kind of way.

I hadn't heard the song for ages, so I gave it a quick listen. It was kind of hilarious how epic 90's music videos and yet kind of catchy at the same time.

Anyway just thought I'd put out a feeler and see if we have any current/former Bizkit fans on the board.

(P.S.) - I'll make the poll private so you don't have to worry about being judged by the CP brain trust if you ever were a fan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:19 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
You could say the same thing happened within the hardcore scene too. Used to be an aborted, much heavier, and far better lyrical sub genre of punk. Then bands like Hatebreed, 25 ta Life, and countless others mixed in rap, heavy metal, and powder puff fashion punk/anthem like riffs. Meh.

These days I stick to mostly classic rock, blues, jazz, and easy listening. Did a 180 of sorts lol.
That happens with every genre of music eventually.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:20 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Get Your Groove On
One of the better tracks from Chocolate Starfish. Kind of bullshit how Spotify has it switched with the remix version.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:23 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That happens with every genre of music eventually.
How true
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:25 PM 01-30-2019
Responding to the 25taLife bat signal. Inside Knowledge still gets play around here.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:26 PM 01-30-2019
I never got into them. Overall, I wasn’t a fan of Nu Metal (or whatever it was categorized as).

The only band that fell into that category that I was was really into was Sevendust.
I saw them open for Megadeth in Fresno back in like 99. They ****ing killed it, I had never even heard of them and they weren’t even on the radio yet. I wasn’t even going to watch the opener, I was in line for beer and just shooting the breeze with my buddy, and after a while of them playing , we both sort of stopped our conversation and at the same time were like “dude....what is that....that’s awesome”. And rushed back to see the stage
They were better than. Megadeth that day. In terms of sound, and energy. Hands down. Megadeth mailed it in at that particular concert. They barely even moved around on stage.

Haven’t listened to them in years though.

I think the musicianship of Limp Bizkit is impressive. I just don’t care for Durst as a front man. So it sort of ruins it a tad for me.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:37 PM 01-30-2019
I think they came out and opened with Bitch. Can’t remember the exact name. It started a bit slow. Crowd was sort of all “ok....what is this”. Then they came in strong. And by about song number 3the entire crowd was packed and were just into it. They came out , then BAM...balls to the wall energy the rest of the time. Bought the CD the next day lol.

Holy shit.....that was twenty fucking years ago. JFC
[Reply]
Bowser 07:38 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’d rather listen to Nickleback. No fucking joke.
You ordered it, you eat it

[Reply]
Third Eye 07:48 PM 01-30-2019
Not sure if it’s Nu Metal or Rap Metal, but when I was 18 Downset was the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IQxhkVIEw
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:52 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The bassist has Bugles on his face.

Literally. Those are painted Bugles.
:-) Scurrry AND delicious!

OH SHIT. Someone just posted this on my drum forum. Oh. My. God. :-)

THE FUCKIN' BLASTBEAT :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:54 PM 01-30-2019
Unfortunately I really liked "Nookie." I didn't really care that much for their other songs. I think I downloaded "Break Stuff" from Napster. Didn't really care for "Rollin'," except for when Scott Rolen used it as his walkup music.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 PM 01-30-2019
Responding to the Downset. bat signal.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:00 PM 01-30-2019
I liked My Way or the Highway only because it went along great with The Rock vs Stone Cold WM17 promo. Sorry cant embed but some of you have probably watched this..its the best WWF promo of all time.

https://youtu.be/srhd2fZyDB4
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:00 PM 01-30-2019
I got into some angry music for a while, but found them to be really whiny.

It would be like listening to a Royals thread very loudly.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:05 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
ICP is fucking garbage, so are The Kottonmouth Kings.

Straight fucking trash.
ICP Great Milenko album is a classic. Only album they ever has that was worth a shit.

Haters gon hate.

I remember the Family Values Tour at Kemper Durst, Korn, Roach, Sublime were all there.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:09 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Responding to the 25taLife bat signal. Inside Knowledge still gets play around here.
Strength through unity was an awesome EP but then his voice went to shit. It was like someone gave a kid with Down's and Tourettes Syndromes meth, handed him a microphone, and said "sing about friends, the hardcore scene, and about how tough you are." I wanted to like them but his voice ruined what was otherwise fantastic music
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up