ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
Yes 71 52.59%
No 55 40.74%
What the hell is a Limp Bizkit? Is that like some kind of Oriental sex position? 7 5.19%
Gaz thinks this kind of music is dumber than people that don't vaccinate their kids. 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
TLO 04:29 PM 01-30-2019
I was playing around on YouTube today, watching some guy play a version of GTA V where you can play as a police officer, and on the little sidebar was a Limp Bizkit video for "Rollin".

Fred Durst reminds me of Scumbag Steve in the worst kind of way.

I hadn't heard the song for ages, so I gave it a quick listen. It was kind of hilarious how epic 90's music videos and yet kind of catchy at the same time.

Anyway just thought I'd put out a feeler and see if we have any current/former Bizkit fans on the board.

(P.S.) - I'll make the poll private so you don't have to worry about being judged by the CP brain trust if you ever were a fan.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:00 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
When I was 17-19 I worked at a local grocery store in the meat department. The butcher was an older guy, maybe 40-45? He was into metalcore as well and had gotten into it because of his two sons that were around my age. They were devoutly Christian so they listened to a lot of the Christian stuff, though he did listen to "secular" metal too. He and I would jam out all day while cutting/packaging meat.

I was never a believer myself but he got me into some Christian hardcore/metalcore. I will say, some of those bands ran circles around some of the shit I listened to at the time. Bands like Zao, Society's Finest, Norma Jean... Still listen to it periodically when I'm feeling like some heavy stuff.

Society's Finest "Knife Fight"
Zao "Lies of a serpent, river of tears"
Norma Jean "Memphis will burn" all make my "jam" playlists
I never paid much attention to which bands were devout or not but I was a big fan of pretty much everything being put out on Facedown Records in the early 2000's. No Innocent Victim, Figure Four, Point of Recognition...
[Reply]
Third Eye 02:01 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Oh no shit! I’m going to have to see if I can find myself. Pretty sure I was right up front.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:12 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Head Shop Tour 98?
[Reply]
Third Eye 02:22 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Oh no shit! I’m going to have to see if I can find myself. Pretty sure I was right up front.
Damn, not enough crowd shots. Would’ve been funny to see a long haired, JNCO wearing, 19-year-old me.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:24 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Head Shop Tour 98?
1997 at 7th Heaven on Troost. Three Dollar Bill had only been out for like 2 weeks at that point. 2 years from this show they were playing in front of 200,000 at Woodstock 1999.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I never paid much attention to which bands were devout or not but I was a big fan of pretty much everything being put out on Facedown Records in the early 2000's. No Innocent Victim, Figure Four, Point of Recognition...
Facedown still has some great bands, although Sleeping Giant split up this past year...

I have a ton of Facedown and Solid State in my collection.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:37 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Facedown still has some great bands, although Sleeping Giant split up this past year...

I have a ton of Facedown and Solid State in my collection.
That's good to hear (that they still have some great bands). I listen to mostly grindcore/powerviolence and get-off-my-lawn doom these days. For a brief time when I was in college, I sold punk/hardcore/metalcore cd's/vinyl out of a tattoo shop in KC and would purchase directly from Facedown. I'm a bit of a sticker/concert tee hoarder and have a Facedown shirt and other merch circa 2001-ish. I'm motivated to dust off some old cd's this weekend.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:51 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
No and never will.

Too much good music out there.
Yeah...

Like....LIMP BIZKIT
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:06 PM 02-01-2019
Nookie was pretty good, that's about it though
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:16 PM 02-01-2019
I think I was once for like 3 minutes.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:49 AM 02-02-2019
They were a fun novelty act. I never took them too seriously.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:26 PM 02-02-2019
Saw them live about 6 or 7 years ago. Had a fucking blast. Will always enjoy their music, even liked a few tracks off Gold Cobra. Will be there whenever they tour in the states again.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:11 PM 08-02-2021
Any clue what happened to Fred Durst? Dude was a huge star back in the day. Now??? I hope he was trolling, or he didn’t age well. Maybe banging Brittney, and Christina did that? Lollapalooza??
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:26 PM 08-02-2021
Its just the inevitable evolution of Simp Bizkit
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:29 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its just the inevitable evolution of Simp Bizkit
Bruh, they did it all for the nookie. How you gonna hate on that??
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up