ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
Yes 71 52.59%
No 55 40.74%
What the hell is a Limp Bizkit? Is that like some kind of Oriental sex position? 7 5.19%
Gaz thinks this kind of music is dumber than people that don't vaccinate their kids. 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
TLO 04:29 PM 01-30-2019
I was playing around on YouTube today, watching some guy play a version of GTA V where you can play as a police officer, and on the little sidebar was a Limp Bizkit video for "Rollin".

Fred Durst reminds me of Scumbag Steve in the worst kind of way.

I hadn't heard the song for ages, so I gave it a quick listen. It was kind of hilarious how epic 90's music videos and yet kind of catchy at the same time.

Anyway just thought I'd put out a feeler and see if we have any current/former Bizkit fans on the board.

(P.S.) - I'll make the poll private so you don't have to worry about being judged by the CP brain trust if you ever were a fan.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I liked the more mellow stuff like Third Eye Blind (who is one of the most underrated bands of all time) but I liked Limp and Korn well enough.

Smash Mouth - garbage
Sugar Ray - Decent, although they totally changed their style to be popular
Goo Goo Dolls - meh
Lifehouse - good
Train - hated it
Vertical Horizon - good stuff
Creed - used to like them even though they had a churchy vibe
Nickelback - wasn't a huge fan but no clue how they got so hated. Catchy good rock
John Mayer - hate him about as much as Adam Levine's band
You know that popular third eye blind song...is about tripping on crystal meth?
[Reply]
patteeu 11:03 AM 01-31-2019
Wasn't everybody?
[Reply]
bowener 11:05 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Loved me some of the bizkit in middle school.
Same. I didn't know any better! But for real, Wes Borland is pretty great and some songs were catchy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:11 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Any Barenaked Ladies fans here?
Chicken vagina, the Chinese chicken.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:15 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I was 40 years old when I got into metal core. I love it.
When I was 17-19 I worked at a local grocery store in the meat department. The butcher was an older guy, maybe 40-45? He was into metalcore as well and had gotten into it because of his two sons that were around my age. They were devoutly Christian so they listened to a lot of the Christian stuff, though he did listen to "secular" metal too. He and I would jam out all day while cutting/packaging meat.

I was never a believer myself but he got me into some Christian hardcore/metalcore. I will say, some of those bands ran circles around some of the shit I listened to at the time. Bands like Zao, Society's Finest, Norma Jean... Still listen to it periodically when I'm feeling like some heavy stuff.

Society's Finest "Knife Fight"
Zao "Lies of a serpent, river of tears"
Norma Jean "Memphis will burn" all make my "jam" playlists
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:17 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean, the lyrics are pretty clear:

“Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break
It won't stop, I won't come down
I keep stock with a tick-tock rhythm, a bump for the drop
And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given
Then I bumped again, then I bumped again, I said”
[Reply]
BWillie 11:56 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
These threads are always money.

LB is AWESOME!!! LB sucks balls!!!!! You’re an idiot. NO!! Your and idiot!!!
:-):-):-):-)
I like how people equate personal preference for music and movies as an intelligence test. If you like Nickelback or appreciated the action in Transformers - there is no way you can be intelligent and how dare you for liking such a thing.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yeah, that was what was great about 3EB. The shit they were talking about was pretty intense - but it was still in harmonic rhythm with a sad & happy vibe all at the same time.

Everclear did a little of the same, but with different sounds.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I mean, the lyrics are pretty clear:

“Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break
It won't stop, I won't come down
I keep stock with a tick-tock rhythm, a bump for the drop
And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given
Then I bumped again, then I bumped again, I said”
Slow motion - another good one.

My sister's eating paint chips again
Maybe that's why she's insane
I shut the door to her moaning
And I shoot smack in my veins
Wouldn't you?
See my neighbor's beating his wife
Because he hates his life
There's an arc to his fist as he swings
Oh man, what a beautiful thing
And death slides close to me
Won't grow old to be
A junkie wine-o creep
Hollywood glamorized my wrath
I'm the young urban psychopath
I incite murder
For your entertainment
'Cause I needed the money
What's your excuse?
The jokes on you
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:09 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Every single one of the bands you listed sucks ass.
I love you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
When I was 17-19 I worked at a local grocery store in the meat department. The butcher was an older guy, maybe 40-45? He was into metalcore as well and had gotten into it because of his two sons that were around my age. They were devoutly Christian so they listened to a lot of the Christian stuff, though he did listen to "secular" metal too. He and I would jam out all day while cutting/packaging meat.

I was never a believer myself but he got me into some Christian hardcore/metalcore. I will say, some of those bands ran circles around some of the shit I listened to at the time. Bands like Zao, Society's Finest, Norma Jean... Still listen to it periodically when I'm feeling like some heavy stuff.

Society's Finest "Knife Fight"
Zao "Lies of a serpent, river of tears"
Norma Jean "Memphis will burn" all make my "jam" playlists
That's ironic. I used to listen primarily to dark, doom, and drug metal. After I finally rid myself of my inner demons, it dawned on me that the music I was listening to was feeding them. I decided to make a change to positive, Christian-themed metal that was more compatible with my lifestyle and that's how I ended up getting into metalcore. My favorite band is Phinehas and there's a good chance I'll be seeing August Burns Red with Fit For A King later this month.

I've also branched out into deathcore and death prog. Stuff like Impending Doom and this:

[Reply]
oldman 01:08 PM 02-01-2019
Who? Is that an oriental sex position?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:37 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:

now this thread got me listening to 3 dolla bill yall! lol There are actually alot of songs on that first album that are good
It wasn't terrible. Not good really either. Was friends with a guy who was friends with them and got us free tickets for shows in the KC area when this album started making some radio play. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen. Truly terrible.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:51 PM 02-01-2019

[Reply]
kcxiv 02:00 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
It wasn't terrible. Not good really either. Was friends with a guy who was friends with them and got us free tickets for shows in the KC area when this album started making some radio play. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen. Truly terrible.
eh, i seen them at family Values 98 In San Francisco at the Cow Palace (doesnt exist anymore) with Korn, Orgy, Rammstien and i didnt have that same experience. It was a kick ass concert. I quite enjoyed it!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up