ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 112
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:46 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah but that will defintely work in the RZ.I'm surprised they don't get him in those packages more.
Which is why I am surprised he isn't being used in more in the end zone. Put the ball up and let him go for it.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:49 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He was ahead of the guy when he caught the ball so wtf are you talking about? Separation is separation nomatter how small it is fgs :-)
Agreed. Doesn't matter how you beat your man. Probably less margin for error, and I'd love a separator, but we can work with this
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:56 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He was ahead of the guy when he caught the ball so wtf are you talking about? Separation is separation nomatter how small it is fgs :-)
Some of you guys will take any negative about the guy to the nth degree. I get it, you have emotionally invested yourself with him .

But let's get real, I'm not taking your sister's virginity here. It's okay to recognize things that are showing up as some limitations.

He was maybe a half story in front of the guy. The safety was coming down. His only chance to catch that ball was to high point it, not because of any seperation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
And he still didn't beat his man. He high pointed the ball over his head.
Do you watch much football?

Not every receiver has the Tyreek Hill jets to just blow by guys.

Guys like Mike Evans, Tee Higgins-hell, even a lot of Jamarr Chase's catches are just that sort of play.

When you're 6'4" you don't need much room to go up and get it. There aren't many corners that can match that catch radius and go up and challenge that.

Didn't beat his man? Looks to me like he beat him for an 18 yard catch.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:03 AM 10-10-2023
I really think the Tyreek Hill 2018-2019 version has totally skewed how a lot of you guys see WR's. That's gone, and was gone the last year he was in KC, too. Defenses designed their entire game plans to just flat not allow it.

Very few WR's EVER have had the quickness paired with the elite top end speed to just smoke man coverage like Hill can. In Miami, the presence of Waddle still allows for it.

That doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of other ways to win a rep. And the big bodied, high point guy is still a perfectly legitimate WR type that's difficult to defend. That 2nd and 18 play is a good illustration of that.

I'm not declaring that Ross has arrived or anything, but that's damned encouraging.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:04 AM 10-10-2023
Luckily we have all the tall long corners on our team or our IR.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:07 AM 10-10-2023
Some of you guys will take any negative about the guy to the nth degree. I get it, you have emotionally invested yourself with him .

But let's get real, I'm not taking your sister's virginity here. It's okay to recognize things that are showing up as some limitations.

He was maybe a half story in front of the guy. The safety was coming down. His only chance to catch that ball was to high point it, not because of any seperation.
YOU said "he didn't beat his man" when he clearly did and now you're backtracking because you look like an idiot. So the moral of the story is try not to say dumb things (if you can help it) and people won't feel inclined to call you out on it :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:08 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Do you watch much football?

Not every receiver has the Tyreek Hill jets to just blow by guys.

Guys like Mike Evans, Tee Higgins-hell, even a lot of Jamarr Chase's catches are just that sort of play.

When you're 6'4" you don't need much room to go up and get it. There aren't many corners that can match that catch radius and go up and challenge that.

Didn't beat his man? Looks to me like he beat him for an 18 yard catch.
Michael Thomas is a master at it as is Hopkins and Allen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:09 AM 10-10-2023
The thing about that play is, you can throw that every damned down and it'll go.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:49 AM 10-10-2023
The thing about that play is, you can throw that every damned down and it'll go.
this,

Hes the only WR we have that has the size to do this. Which is why I have begged for him to get more playing time.

If Mahomes is going to throw up a prayer I want the target to be Ross or Kelce. Those two are the only ones who have better than 50/50 chance.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:19 AM 10-10-2023
Sir have heard of a man named Randy Moss?
[Reply]
O.city 07:22 AM 10-10-2023
I really think the Tyreek Hill 2018-2019 version has totally skewed how a lot of you guys see WR's. That's gone, and was gone the last year he was in KC, too. Defenses designed their entire game plans to just flat not allow it.

Very few WR's EVER have had the quickness paired with the elite top end speed to just smoke man coverage like Hill can. In Miami, the presence of Waddle still allows for it.

That doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of other ways to win a rep. And the big bodied, high point guy is still a perfectly legitimate WR type that's difficult to defend. That 2nd and 18 play is a good illustration of that.

I'm not declaring that Ross has arrived or anything, but that's damned encouraging.
One could argue that the ideal situation was to keep Hill and go find someone like Waddle so teams couldn't try to take it away (they didn't really, but they tried).
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:41 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
One could argue that the ideal situation was to keep Hill and go find someone like Waddle so teams couldn't try to take it away (they didn't really, but they tried).
Not drafting around 30ish you're not, and if you paid Hill the #1WR salary in the NFL, you can't pay for another WR with that skill-set or a Jones type for the defense. So here we are.
[Reply]
O.city 07:42 AM 10-10-2023
Not drafting around 30ish you're not, and if you paid Hill the #1WR salary in the NFL, you can't pay for another WR with that skill-set or a Jones type for the defense. So here we are.
So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

Seems you're pretty dug in on a narrative here.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:16 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hardman was probably our best attempt at that. But then again, if it wasn't for the scandal, we very well could've drafted someone else. Still, that was probably our best shot at it.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 112
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111 > Last »
Up