ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Love and Thunder
Munson 05:11 PM 04-18-2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:34 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I almost want to ask what in Thor is considered woke..

Are these idiots still upset that they cast a black dude as Heimdall? lol That was like 10 years ago, dawg. Time to move on.
It's literally because Marvel is owned by Disney and Disney is pushing back against a bill that their favored party is supporting.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:16 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
How is thor suffering from depression and getting fat "woke"?
These things all happened in the comics themselves 10 years ago. If you didn't read them you won't know. And frankly if you don't it's not worth arguing about.

The main issue is the quality of writing has dropped of dramatically in the last 10-20 years. There are 50 years of wonderful writing (that's probably not true, probably 20 years) that the film makers could be pulling from.

But they don't. It would be like pulling from some of the worst Simpson's episodes and making a movie about that. If you really love the SImpsons that would piss you off.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:33 PM 04-22-2022

Are these idiots still upset that they cast a black dude as Heimdall? lol That was like 10 years ago, dawg. Time to move on.
Interesting how it is only white characters that get their race changed nowadays.

Apparently it is too hard to keep characters consistent.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:45 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Interesting how it is only white characters that get their race changed nowadays.

Zendaya the Micronesian boy who plays Peter Parker's love interest is a definite miscast
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:11 PM 04-22-2022

That's a fucking lie.

You and I literally had this conversation like a month ago here in the media center. Remember that entire list of minority movie characters who were whitewashed? It was pages long. Exodus: Gods and Kings was the most shining example.

You're delusional and just believe whatever you make up in your fairy tale imagination land.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:09 AM 04-23-2022
That's a ****ing lie.

You and I literally had this conversation like a month ago here in the media center. Remember that entire list of minority movie characters who were whitewashed? It was pages long. Exodus: Gods and Kings was the most shining example.

You're delusional and just believe whatever you make up in your fairy tale imagination land.
Relax, little guy.

It is wrong all way around. But it definitely slanted towards reworking white characters now. And it is definitely taking over previous established and beloved icons. If you can't see that agenda then you live in blissful ignorance.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:10 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Zendaya the Micronesian boy who plays Peter Parker's love interest is a definite miscast
Yup.

Prime example of the wokeness. Eliminating one of Marvel's most recognizable female characters.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:53 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In before:

OMG!!! Marvel is woke now with a female Thor!!!

and

Marvel is garbage. I don't know why anyone likes this crap. /Sully1983 and BWillie
:-)

Sorry not sorry that I have been critical of the MCU's safe/boring formulaic assemble line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for years now.

Seeing Natalie Portman catching Thor's hammer was cringe worthy as hell but I'm happy it got you hyped!:-)

As another poster pointed out in this thread, Thor has been reduced to a slap stick comedy version of himself. Almost like a parody of the character. Fat Thor in Endgame sealed it for me. Like damn that was so fucking stupid its not even funny. But Marvel mouth breathers loved it of course.

Also the MCU has no problem getting A list / award winning actors to play their villains which is nice. Its just a shame that they make them so forgettable for the most part. 2 time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett was such a forgettable villain in Thor Fragglerock or whatever the fuck it was called. As was Mads Mikkelsen in Dr Strange.

I have no doubt Christian Bale's acting talent will go to waste as well in this.

Great song choice in the trailer though!:-) Big fan of Guns n Roses. I've seen them a couple times in concert and they rocked out both times:-)
[Reply]
sully1983 07:57 AM 04-23-2022

"Hey you shut your fucking mouth and just enjoy what Lord Feige gives us!!!11"

signed
mindless marvel mouth breathers
[Reply]
sully1983 08:07 AM 04-23-2022

You better believe Portman's character is gong to call out Thor for his rampant "mansplaining" and will come to his rescue a number of times in this. Its just so predictable but you'll eat it up for sure :-)

Also is neutered Hulk going to make an appearance in this? Mark Ruffalo has to be one of the most annoying actors out there.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:10 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
"Hey you shut your ****ing mouth and just enjoy what Lord Feige gives us!!!11"

signed
mindless marvel mouth breathers
I enjoy the Marvel movies but I am not a drone. I will call them for their flawed casting.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:08 AM 04-23-2022
Well, I learned that some people even watch fucking comic book movies thru a political lens. Sounds like a miserable life, but it ain't mine so whatever.

I agree with Virus earlier in the thread, comedic relief Thor works great and I'll watch this considering I find Ragnarok to be about my fave Marvel movie as others have said.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:24 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Well, I learned that some people even watch fucking comic book movies thru a political lens. Sounds like a miserable life, but it ain't mine so whatever.

I agree with Virus earlier in the thread, comedic relief Thor works great and I'll watch this considering I find Ragnarok to be about my fave Marvel movie as others have said.
In case you haven't heard, the new narrative is that representation is vital in cinematic fiction.

If the characters don't look and act exactly like you, it signifies that society hates you and wants you marginalized.

Imagination is enabling oppression.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:42 AM 04-23-2022
I feel like this is a nice crystallization of the whole woke/anti-woke thing, because when Endgame came out the "woke" bitched about fat Thor too, because they saw it as fat shaming. So we have the chronically offended on both sides, bitching about the same thing, while the rest of us are just trying to enjoy the movie. It's like they're fighting over skub.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:31 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

If the characters don't look and act exactly like you, it signifies that society hates you and wants you marginalized.

As much as I loathe getting into political discussions outside of the DC forum, you've nailed the kernel of racism here that is too often overlooked. This applies universally.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up