ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Jurassic World Dominion (2022)
Tribal Warfare 11:50 PM 11-27-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 05:28 PM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Science can't seem to make up its mind on the T-Rex.

For a bit there they were being considered just opportunistic feeders and scavengers. Then they were considered slow. Then they could run 40 mph.

The T-Rex might actually be a bit of a pussy. Or not. Nobody seems to have any idea these days...
Clearly a dipshit

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:03 AM 06-11-2022

For a bit there they were being considered just opportunistic feeders and scavengers. Then they were considered slow. Then they could run 40 mph.

The T-Rex might actually be a bit of a pussy. Or not. Nobody seems to have any idea these days...

Out of all the Dinosaurs the T-Rex had the greatest bite force out of all them. If T-Rex got ahold of anyone with a bite it would be game over.
[Reply]
-King- 05:58 AM 06-11-2022

My mind changed on them as soon as I learned they had feathers. 100% pussy.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:25 PM 06-11-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
My mind changed on them as soon as I learned they had feathers. 100% pussy.
When I was a kid, dinosaurs were giant lizards. Apparently they are now birds. Are they warm or cold blooded?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:37 PM 06-11-2022
Did you know that Gators/crocs derived from dinosaurs?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:43 PM 06-11-2022
It’s all over the place. While it’s nice to see the old cast, Jeff Goldblum isn’t nearly as magical as he normally is. You think it’s a movie about how humans and dinosaurs can coexist, but that’s the first ten minutes of exposition of the movie and the last five minutes really. It introduces the bad corporation then destroys them by the end of the movie, and it’s not a bad corporation, just the CEO bad guy shtick. It just felt pointless and lazy, like everyone phoned it in. Jurassic World was at least faithful, but I chalk this up to another Star Wars VII VIII and IX type of trilogy. Yeah there’s some entertaining parts in this movie, but overall I kept wondering why they thought this was the right path to take it and if this was really the best script they could’ve thought of. Just a big ole meh to me. Somewhere along the line they lost sight of the originals and lost focus on the dinosaurs so now they’re just the side attraction to an underwhelming story where none of the main characters ever feel like they’re in danger. I would’ve almost preferred them to say “But wait, there’s another site!!!” Compared to what we got.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 PM 06-11-2022
mediocre but the dinosaurs doin' stuff was still amazing

rexy FTW!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
rydogg58 02:46 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It’s all over the place. While it’s nice to see the old cast, Jeff Goldblum isn’t nearly as magical as he normally is. You think it’s a movie about how humans and dinosaurs can coexist, but that’s the first ten minutes of exposition of the movie and the last five minutes really. It introduces the bad corporation then destroys them by the end of the movie, and it’s not a bad corporation, just the CEO bad guy shtick. It just felt pointless and lazy, like everyone phoned it in. Jurassic World was at least faithful, but I chalk this up to another Star Wars VII VIII and IX type of trilogy. Yeah there’s some entertaining parts in this movie, but overall I kept wondering why they thought this was the right path to take it and if this was really the best script they could’ve thought of. Just a big ole meh to me. Somewhere along the line they lost sight of the originals and lost focus on the dinosaurs so now they’re just the side attraction to an underwhelming story where none of the main characters ever feel like they’re in danger. I would’ve almost preferred them to say “But wait, there’s another site!!!” Compared to what we got.
That's what I thought too. They lost sight of what made the original movies so good. It was cool on the big screen, but an otherwise completely meh and forgettable movie.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:01 PM 06-12-2022
The shits been done so many times that it's almost impossible to be good again. Jurassic Park is played out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:29 PM 06-12-2022
i thought the bringing back dodgson as a bad guy was a bridge too far, considering he was in no other sequels, and was in the original for all of 5 minutes

it was also a fairly lazy writing process to go "DINOSAURS NOW LIVE EVERYWHERE!" and then the rest of your movie is dealing with dinosaurs inside a reservation that is, basically, another fucking jurassic park!

and then the movie ends the way it starts - dinosaurs are everywhere!

but i did enjoy the dinosaurs doing stuff - always do

also, you could really tell just about everyone but chris pratt, bryce and the clones kid phoned in their performance

sam neill didn't even try to hide the fact he's from new zealand :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 06-12-2022
I'm just totally over Jurassic Park movies. No desire to see it. Ever.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:33 PM 06-12-2022
My family loves this shit so we went and watched it. I enjoyed it as did they..not sure why all the bitching.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:38 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
My family loves this shit so we went and watched it. I enjoyed it as did they..not sure why all the bitching.
Yeah, kinda in the same boat. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it. Is it some great cinematic masterpiece? Not even close, but it's Jurassic Park part 6. What could you possibly expect outside of what you got? Complaining about it not being a good movie is akin to being disappointed in Jason Takes Manhattan. If you're going for the plot and the great acting, you're in for a bad day at the movies.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:41 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah, kinda in the same boat. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it. Is it some great cinematic masterpiece? Not even close, but it's Jurassic Park part 6. What could you possibly expect outside of what you got? Complaining about it not being a good movie is akin to being disappointed in Jason Takes Manhattan. If you're going for the plot and the great acting, you're in for a bad day at the movies.
Right..just like the Godzilla and Kong stuff. I want to see see giant creatures fuck shit up. I know it's not Gone With The Wind.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i thought the bringing back dodgson as a bad guy was a bridge too far, considering he was in no other sequels, and was in the original for all of 5 minutes

it was also a fairly lazy writing process to go "DINOSAURS NOW LIVE EVERYWHERE!" and then the rest of your movie is dealing with dinosaurs inside a reservation that is, basically, another fucking jurassic park!

and then the movie ends the way it starts - dinosaurs are everywhere!
Ugh.

This was always my biggest concern with the direction of the franchise. It kinda felt like it was headed that way.

And somehow "we can all co-exist!" would be the message they'd try to send.

Fellas - these are brand new apex predators unleashed upon the wild. This is an ecosystem that is struggling to deal with feral cats, for fucks sake. That's right, cats have become an invasive species globally.

No panthers, mind you - freakin' stray cats.

And we're supposed to walk away from this trilogy with the belief that these things being unleashed on nature wouldn't bring the whole damn thing crashing down within, I dunno, 5 years?

You wouldn't have a native species left on any continent between about 40 degrees north and 40 degrees south latitude.

Which is to say pretty much all of Africa and South/Central America as well as most of southern Europe, the United States and Asia. The fertile crescent would be wiped out.

Not to mention the introduction of superpredators to the oceans. You think the first Bluefin Tuna of the season is expensive now - wait until it's the first one caught in 4 years.

The world would plunge into CHAOS. We'd probably lose our spot at the top of the food chain within about 2 decades and slowly begin to starve. The introduction of dinosaurs to the ecosystem would be just laughably catastrophic.

For a bit it seemed like the Jurassic franchise at least tried to play it a little straight. Farfetched, yes, but not completely insane (given what we thought we knew at the time, this WAS serious science).

But c'mon folks - we'll all live in harmony alongside dinosaurs? Kinda missed the mark there, fellas.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up