ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 02-22-2021
I use pretty much every weapon (except SMG's, they chew through too much ammo) and have load outs depending on what I'm doing.

For taking over areas I know there will be cultists, I usually carry a sniper rifle as my main weapon, a shotgun for up close stopping power, and an automatic pistol (like a Skorp) to make noise if I need it.

Last night, I was in a construction yard surrounded by like 8 guys with air support. I'm in the 2nd zone but don't have any weapons that can reliably take out a plane so those fighter planes are the bane of my existence right now. Just as I thought I could get the upper hand, not one but TWO trucks with mounted heavy guns showed up and now they have like 14 guys, two heavies, AND the plane.

There was a shack there with a ramp leading up to a door and the door wasn't blocked. I knew if I could get inside, I'd be protected on 3 sides from the heavy guns and the airplane, so in I went. There was some crates at the back to hide behind and then it hit me.

I'd run to the door, spray some pistol fire to get their attention and then toss a proximity charge at the bottom of the ramp.

It only took 3 charges and 3/4 of the dudes were dead. :-)

I took out the rest with the shotgun and then took over a heavy and took out the plane.
[Reply]
Pants 01:17 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I use pretty much every weapon (except SMG's, they chew through too much ammo) and have load outs depending on what I'm doing.

For taking over areas I know there will be cultists, I usually carry a sniper rifle as my main weapon, a shotgun for up close stopping power, and an automatic pistol (like a Skorp) to make noise if I need it.

Last night, I was in a construction yard surrounded by like 8 guys with air support. I'm in the 2nd zone but don't have any weapons that can reliably take out a plane so those fighter planes are the bane of my existence right now. Just as I thought I could get the upper hand, not one but TWO trucks with mounted heavy guns showed up and now they have like 14 guys, two heavies, AND the plane.

There was a shack there with a ramp leading up to a door and the door wasn't blocked. I knew if I could get inside, I'd be protected on 3 sides from the heavy guns and the airplane, so in I went. There was some crates at the back to hide behind and then it hit me.

I'd run to the door, spray some pistol fire to get their attention and then toss a proximity charge at the bottom of the ramp.

It only took 3 charges and 3/4 of the dudes were dead. :-)

I took out the rest with the shotgun and then took over a heavy and took out the plane.
Having your own vehicle with a mounted .50 cal makes everything they can throw at you trivial. :-)

I don't think this is a spoiler but just in case...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Having your own vehicle with a mounted .50 cal makes everything they can throw at you trivial. :-)

I don't think this is a spoiler but just in case...

Spoiler!
I have the Death Wish but I'll be honest:

1) I'm trying to avoid making the game ridiculously easy. I like a challenge. I finished Far Cry Primal on the hardest difficulty. This game is pretty tough at times even on normal but I like it that way.

2) I don't generally use vehicles / mounts in open world games. I'm terrible OCD and I prefer to explore on foot because I'm afraid I might miss something. I always seem to find out of the way loot and stuff when I'm just walking around, even though it takes longer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:50 PM 02-22-2021
I mean, if you want an example or two of how crazy OCD I am, I don't buy a new weapon until I've bought all of the upgrades, including the skins, for the one I have. So I literally go through the weapons in order, upgrading them completely, before I buy the next. For example, I could buy the RAT right now but I haven't finished all of the ones before it so I'm holding off.

Also, I explore EVERY inch of the map on foot, even the areas around the edges of the map. I've found some nice alpha animals and few stashes by doing it.
[Reply]
Pants 02:54 PM 02-22-2021
I mean, if you want an example or two of how crazy OCD I am, I don't buy a new weapon until I've bought all of the upgrades, including the skins, for the one I have. So I literally go through the weapons in order, upgrading them completely, before I buy the next. For example, I could buy the RAT right now but I haven't finished all of the ones before it so I'm holding off.

Also, I explore EVERY inch of the map on foot, even the areas around the edges of the map. I've found some nice alpha animals and few stashes by doing it.
LOL.

That's pretty intense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
LOL.

That's pretty intense.
I actually enjoy the grind. Especially in this game, hunting with the bow to get money is pretty fun.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 PM 03-10-2021
Anybody interested in some MP - I need a couple of co-op trophies on the PS4 if somebody wants to play a few missions
[Reply]
Dayze 07:50 AM 03-11-2021
I need to play this again / re-start. I stared it it a few years ago, then we got interrupted having to pack for a move / then move, unpack. next thing you know, a few years have passed. I recall it being a pretty fun game...I need to unearth it and give it a whirl again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 03-11-2021
I'm really enjoying it.

Much like AC, where my first intro was Black Flag due to the subject matter, I got into FC because of Primal. FC5 is the first entry after and I'm now a big fan of the series. I am going to play FC3 since I went and bought the season pass to get the DLC.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:05 AM 03-11-2021
this is the game where you're in the woods etc, and there's a local cult; and you do a lot of sneaking around into / out of places ;...and the cult MFers pop out of nowhere when you're just bushwacking through the woods and they spot you from the road....then chaos ensues?

:-)
I think it's the game. yeah, I remember it now . it was defintiely fun.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:17 AM 03-11-2021
Anybody interested in some MP - I need a couple of co-op trophies on the PS4 if somebody wants to play a few missions
I might be interested after I get back home some time this weekend. I haven't tried MP with this game. And since you've started this thread it has me thinking about finally getting over the ending and getting back to finishing out the unfinished bsusiness.

I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I'm on XBox?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
this is the game where you're in the woods etc, and there's a local cult; and you do a lot of sneaking around into / out of places ;...and the cult MFers pop out of nowhere when you're just bushwacking through the woods and they spot you from the road....then chaos ensues?

:-)
I think it's the game. yeah, I remember it now . it was defintiely fun.
It can certainly be that way.

Of course, I mostly sneak around with a bow and 308 and snipe cult members while they're talking about the end of the world coming. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:19 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I might be interested after I get back home some time this weekend. I haven't tried MP with this game. And since you've started this thread it has me thinking about finally getting over the ending and getting back to finishing out the unfinished bsusiness.

I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I'm on XBox?
I don't think it allows for cross platform unfortunately.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:22 AM 03-11-2021
I don't think it allows for cross platform unfortunately.
That sucks. I should probably focus on season 2 of CoD Cold War since I paid for it anyway. Though I may have to squeeze in a little deer and cult hunting as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
That sucks. I should probably focus on season 2 of CoD Cold War since I paid for it anyway. Though I may have to squeeze in a little deer and cult hunting as well.
The hunting is kind of lame. There's no reward for making good clean shots. Even with a .50 cal, head shots often only result in a wounded animal running off. I'm used to hunting sims though so that part of the game is more just a means to an end - need money to buy more guns. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up