Page 5 of 44
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
BlackOp 10:24 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-).. why are you such a clown in every thread?
Great..I have inspiration for a new muppet character. Average to low IQ, poor physical health and a propensity for misplaced authoritarianism. Overstates his own value and compensates with bloated bravado...culturally illiterate of the fine arts, philosophy and literature.

I'll have have name for you shortly..."Dim" will be a working title.

I can pair you two up...you can be the verbose, ignorant one with domineering qualities...and Flappy can be the impressionable, submissive character. He keeps getting hurt and maimed due to your terrible life advice but keeps coming back for more abuse.

Dim and Flappy does have a nice cadence.
[Reply]
Fish 11:56 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Great..I have inspiration for new muppet character. Average to low IQ, poor physical health and a propensity for misplaced authoritarianism. Over states his own value and compensates with bloated bravado...culturally illiterate of the fine arts, philosophy and literature.

I'll have have name for you shortly..."Dim" will be a working title.

I can pair you two up...you can be the verbose, ignorant one with domineering qualities...and Flappy can be the impressionable, submissive character. He keeps getting hurt and maimed due to your terrible life advice but keeps coming back for more abuse.

Dim and Flappy does have a nice cadence.
You sure like to type out lots of nonsense bullshit. I get the sense that you simply like to listen to yourself. Sounds pretty sad.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:17 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
You sure like to type out lots of nonsense bullshit. I get the sense that you simply like to listen to yourself. Sounds pretty sad.
Says one of the biggest blowhards on this forum...obviously, introspection isn't your "thing".

I think I nailed your character...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:35 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Flappy loves his down-vote privileges...for once in his life he feels powerful.

Unfortunately, the harsh reality is it just publicly reaffirms his malformed spine...vicious cycle...nature is unforgiving like that.
:-) You really are crazy.

I didn't even downvote you. You realize you can easily check and see who is up/downvoting you, right?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:11 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I mean let’s not lie, this woke casting shit is annoying….
I just watched the trailer. There were probably 25 people shown and they were all white. Why are you so triggered by the sight of one Puerto Rican dude? lol
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:01 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I just watched the trailer. There were probably 25 people shown and they were all white. Why are you so triggered by the sight of one Puerto Rican dude? lol
Are you projecting?

Or are you unable to catch the fact that the casting for this takes you out of the setting?

Or did Hobbits just murder all the black hobbits before the third age?

It's not needed, thats the point. I would say the same shit if black panther was casted as a white guy.
[Reply]
Otter 11:37 AM 02-21-2022

[Reply]
Otter 11:40 AM 02-21-2022
Amazon's New Lord Of The Rings Series To Include Bisexual Transgender Elf In Wheelchair

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:03 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Are you projecting?

Or are you unable to catch the fact that the casting for this takes you out of the setting?

Or did Hobbits just murder all the black hobbits before the third age?

It's not needed, thats the point. I would say the same shit if black panther was casted as a white guy.
You can watch a show with orcs, goblins, wizards and dragons but a Puerto Rican dude is where you draw the line lol

Just say you're racist and you don't like non-whites so we can stop talking.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:26 PM 02-21-2022
You can watch a show with orcs, goblins, wizards and dragons but a Puerto Rican dude is where you draw the line lol

Just say you're racist and you don't like non-whites so we can stop talking.

What do you honestly think the reaction would have been if this show did not have a diverse cast more in line with the movies? Do you think that would have been deemed acceptable?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:36 AM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What do you honestly think the reaction would have been if this show did not have a diverse cast more in line with the movies? Do you think that would have been deemed acceptable?
The LoTR trilogy came out less than 20 years ago. The Hobbit trilogy came out within the last 10 years.

I don't recall a lot of outrage or scandal with either of those so I doubt there would have been much for this show.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:45 AM 02-22-2022
The LoTR trilogy came out less than 20 years ago. The Hobbit trilogy came out within the last 10 years.

I don't recall a lot of outrage or scandal with either of those so I doubt there would have been much for this show.
Are you pretending that diversity as pandering existed even 5 years ago like it does today?

I don't get any of the outrage for any casting decisions not directly related to the ability of the actor to properly portray the character they are being paid to be. One of the best decisions Marvel ever made was who they cast as Fury.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:00 PM 02-22-2022

People complained and wrote articles about a lack of diversity on Game of Thrones through its entire run, but especially towards the end as it gained and popularity and complaints about diversity became the norm. So yes, there would have been on this one as well. They simply made the decision to deal with one group of critics instead of another. No need to pretend otherwise.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
People complained and wrote articles about a lack of diversity on Game of Thrones through its entire run, but especially towards the end as it gained and popularity and complaints about diversity became the norm. So yes, there would have been on this one as well. They simply made the decision to deal with one group of critics instead of another. No need to pretend otherwise.
Well if your bar is set at "someone wrote an article somewhere" then I suppose you're right. There are articles about a ton of shit.

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Are you pretending that diversity as pandering existed even 5 years ago like it does today?

I don't get any of the outrage for any casting decisions not directly related to the ability of the actor to properly portray the character they are being paid to be. One of the best decisions Marvel ever made was who they cast as Fury.
I guess it probably depends on the circles you run in. People do seem to be more pussified in general today than they did 20 years ago so I'd imagine there are more bleeding vaginas all around.

I don't really associate much with either side (aside from the conservative crowd here on CP), but both sides are really fucking annoying at this point. There's nothing wrong with wanting some representation, but don't take it too far. On the other side, not every black, woman, gay, trans person you see on TV is wOkE pAnDeRiNg. These people are out there. They're real and they exist. Why wouldn't we see them in the media sometimes?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:23 PM 02-22-2022
Well if your bar is set at "someone wrote an article somewhere" then I suppose you're right. There are articles about a ton of shit.

I guess it probably depends on the circles you run in. People do seem to be more pussified in general today than they did 20 years ago so I'd imagine there are more bleeding vaginas all around.

I don't really associate much with either side (aside from the conservative crowd here on CP), but both sides are really fucking annoying at this point. There's nothing wrong with wanting some representation, but don't take it too far. On the other side, not every black, woman, gay, trans person you see on TV is wOkE pAnDeRiNg. These people are out there. They're real and they exist. Why wouldn't we see them in the media sometimes?

GRRM has felt obligated to comment on it, actors on the show commented, casting director had to defend the casting choices, etc. You could just say you didn’t realize that Game of Thrones got heat for the exact same thing you said wouldn’t happen to Lord of the Rings. Clearly LotR would have faced similar and probably increased criticism. It’s not hard to change a viewpoint with new information.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 44
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up