ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 994 of 2683
« First < 494894944984990991992993994 99599699799810041044109414941994 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 11:44 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What is the league gonna catch up to - covering Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hunt and everyone else at the same time?

Will the league adjust and cause some problems? Sure. But it's not like Mahomes is out here doing this all on his own with pedestrian talent. We've got 4 skill players at the absolute top of their games and a head coach who's one of the best offensive minds in NFL history.

Alex Smith had a career year last year with this offense w/o Sammy Watkins.

Hell Elvis Grbac would have a great year with this offense - kinda like he did in 2000 when everyone was just wide open all the time - throwing for 28TDs and 4k yards. Don't tell me the league just couldn't adjust to Grbac's brilliance. They couldn't adjust to TG and Derrick Alexander running wild and getting open all the time. TRich was a beast that year too. Grbac went to the Ravens the next year and couldn't do shit.
That's the truth. Not like he was throwing a bunch of 50/50 jump balls (Deshaun Watson/Hopkins last year). Watson threw an interception on one of those jump balls today actually.

Mahomes was in TOTAL control of the game today. None of those passes were in danger of getting picked off. It was a somewhat toned down version of what Mahomes can do with the ball. He stayed with the intermediate passing game for the most part instead of going for the home run balls like we saw against the Chargers last week.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:49 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What is the league gonna catch up to - covering Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hunt and everyone else at the same time?

Will the league adjust and cause some problems? Sure. But it's not like Mahomes is out here doing this all on his own with pedestrian talent. We've got 4 skill players at the absolute top of their games and a head coach who's one of the best offensive minds in NFL history.

Alex Smith had a career year last year with this offense w/o Sammy Watkins.

Hell Elvis Grbac would have a great year with this offense - kinda like he did in 2000 when everyone was just wide open all the time - throwing for 28TDs and 4k yards. Don't tell me the league just couldn't adjust to Grbac's brilliance. They couldn't adjust to TG and Derrick Alexander running wild and getting open all the time. TRich was a beast that year too. Grbac went to the Ravens the next year and couldn't do shit.
If you watch the game, it looks like Mahomes is just out there playing catch with his receivers. I've never seen anyone make it look so easy. With the offensive weapons on this team and Mahomes skill set, the only way that defenses *might* have against the Chiefs is if the league starts allowing 14 defenders on the field at the same time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:56 PM 09-16-2018

NOT ANYMORE BITCHES
[Reply]
FAX 11:57 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
If you watch the game, it looks like Mahomes is just out there playing catch with his receivers. I've never seen anyone make it look so easy. With the offensive weapons on this team and Mahomes skill set, the only way that defenses *might* have against the Chiefs is if the league starts allowing 14 defenders on the field at the same time.
Or flagging us into oblivion like they tried to do today.

FAX
[Reply]
wasi 12:56 AM 09-17-2018
I think the fact the Chiefs only have 2 Qbs on the roster right now - where in the past Reid has had 3 QBs in his time in KC - speaks volumes about Mahomes
[Reply]
eDave 01:08 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
I think the fact the Chiefs only have 2 Qbs on the roster right now - where in the past Reid has had 3 QBs in his time in KC - speaks volumes about Mahomes
I never understood the need for 3. If you've got #2 in there, you are most likely fucked anyway.
[Reply]
wasi 01:11 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I never understood the need for 3. If you've got #2 in there, you are most likely ****ed anyway.
With Reid it has more to do with game prep and QB room, IMO. Mahomes is does not need a QB 3, he counts as 2!
[Reply]
eDave 01:27 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
With Reid it has more to do with game prep and QB room, IMO. Mahomes is does not need a QB 3, he counts as 2!
In that case, you've made an astute observation.
[Reply]
FAX 01:31 AM 09-17-2018
Uh ... I thought we had 3. 2 active and Litton on the PS. No?

FAX
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 09:42 AM 09-17-2018
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...defense-in-win
good article to fap to, if you have any skin left after yesterday!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The craziest thing maybe in all of this....two weeks and he hasn't hit a single bomb for a TD.

These are all intermediate throws.

When the bombs start coming our dicks are going to explode.
His two bombs have been just a hiccup away from being scores. The throw to Watson was, what, a 60 yarder? And Hill's probably fast enough to have run under it. The 99 yarder to Hill was just an Nth away from being a world-ender.

Seriously - he completes that pass and it's probably the last thing I see on earth. My brain just explodes at that point.

They'll come. And so will I.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:59 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
His two bombs have been just a hiccup away from being scores. The throw to Watson was, what, a 60 yarder? And Hill's probably fast enough to have run under it. The 99 yarder to Hill was just an Nth away from being a world-ender.

Seriously - he completes that pass and it's probably the last thing I see on earth. My brain just explodes at that point.

They'll come. And so will I.
I didn't get to watch the game live. When was this?
[Reply]
Dayze 10:04 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
when the Chiefs took over after a stellar punt on their own like 2 yd line or something.

1st down, they came out and passed it, and almost hit Hill Hill had his man totally beat but was overthrown a tad.

next play, I think, they ran the ball and got stuffed in the end zone for a safety.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
Everyone talks about the long throws, but that short TD to Robinson was as impressive as any of them. He was running to the right and throwing across his body, and there was all kinds of traffic between him and Robinson... literally 5 guys in the way, he still anticipated it perfectly.
He made a throw in the pre-season like that to Kemp in 2017.

The usual idiots (I'm sure KK and Carpenter) used it as proof that he'd do shit that he can't get away with in the NFL. "You can't throw late, across your body and over the middle in tight spaces in the end-zone; that's an interception against NFL defenders..."

If it were, he'd have thrown it away. Alex Smith can't do that and few mere mortals can. Pat Mahomes can because he's that motherfucking good.

The deep throw to Kelce in the 4th to set up the last TD was my favorite (dropped that thing into triple coverage) but the TD to Robinson was my 2nd favorite because it was exactly what 'he can't get away with at the next level...'

Fuck everyone that was down on this guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
The play before the safety.

It was a simple 9 pattern as near as I could tell and Hill just beat his guy.

Found it:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 994 of 2683
« First < 494894944984990991992993994 99599699799810041044109414941994 > Last »
Up