ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1167 of 2678
« First < 16766710671117115711631164116511661167 116811691170117111771217126716672167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:49 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think it’ll be Kafka
I don’t think the coach is on the payroll yet. Andy just got his best QB ever and he’s as giddy as all hell. The only way that guy isn’t the coach of this team in 10 years is if it’s a health problem.

I think Kafka will get a HC job before then.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:52 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Since day 1 there's been that "proud father" gleam in his eye.
Yeah I think the only thing that can stop him is his health and age. Andy is 60 which has me wondering just how long he can keep it up. Ten to fifteen years maybe? Fuck. With the rules as they are now QB's can last in the NFL well into mid 30s.... guess we might see Mahomes without Reid unfortunately.
[Reply]
highBOLTage 08:00 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's going to make enough money from football and endorsements that hopefully he just buys the team from The Clarks.

And renames us the Kansas City Mahomes.
I imagine the city will be renamed by then. Mahomes City Mahomes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:09 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wah?
Was writing another statement and decided to go with Brees instead. Forgot to change the name.

My point still stands, though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:10 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Brees is in new Orleans

Didn't eli want to go new York because of market? Or was it because san Diego's owners?

I know it's not the same situation too
Eli didn't want to play for a 1-15 team. The Raiders, Cardinals, or even Redskins could have easily made the Philip Rivers swap deal with the Chargers and Eli would have shut up and played for them.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:26 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No offense, but if you actually have even a tiny sliver of this worry in the back of your mind, you should probably seek help. It's one of the dumbest, most irrational ideas I've ever heard.

Who's the last QB to leave the team they were drafted because they wanted more fame in a bigger market city? Because the way the NFL is, that's ALL you get when you go to a bigger, better, market.

Kirk Cousins wanted more money and went to ****ing Minnesota. Yeah... HUGE step up there, Kirk.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers signed multiple longterm deals to live in a city that has a Walmart, an Arby's, and little else. And the only reason Favre left was because the team didn't want him anymore. Peyton Manning had to be CUT from Indianapolis. Yes, ****ing Indianapolis. A large American city that smells like shit and is populated by backwoods weirdos.

How many chances has Drew Brees had to leave New Orleans? He's on what... his 4th contract with them now? Matt Stafford is fine in Detroit, where he's not winning playoff games AND still having to pay Bubba $10 every day to make sure his car is still in the practice facility parking lot of Ford Field.

Seriously. Name me a single ****ing QB who left/signed with a new team specifically for the "market". I don't think a single ****ing example exists in the history of the NFL.
Yeah.

Hell, one reason Florida is so popular for free agents isn't the size of the markets. It's the state income tax laws.

Or lack thereof.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:49 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by highBOLTage:
I imagine the city will be renamed by then. Mahomes City Mahomes.
Brilliant. We shall take this before the city council. They would be fools not to!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:53 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Lol Reid isn't giving up football till Mahomes does. You see the way Reid treats him? Dudes like his step kid. He's going to add the exclamation point to his legacy here and Mahomes is going to be half the reason why. They are tied together like Belichick and Brady.
Perhaps you will assume the task of Reid's life coach and fitness trainer? Golden rings with diamonds do not strengthen hearts or un-clog arteries, no?
[Reply]
DRM08 09:03 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No offense, but if you actually have even a tiny sliver of this worry in the back of your mind, you should probably seek help. It's one of the dumbest, most irrational ideas I've ever heard.

Who's the last QB to leave the team they were drafted because they wanted more fame in a bigger market city? Because the way the NFL is, that's ALL you get when you go to a bigger, better, market.

Kirk Cousins wanted more money and went to ****ing Minnesota. Yeah... HUGE step up there, Kirk.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers signed multiple longterm deals to live in a city that has a Walmart, an Arby's, and little else. And the only reason Favre left was because the team didn't want him anymore. Peyton Manning had to be CUT from Indianapolis. Yes, ****ing Indianapolis. A large American city that smells like shit and is populated by backwoods weirdos.

How many chances has Drew Brees had to leave New Orleans? He's on what... his 4th contract with them now? Matt Stafford is fine in Detroit, where he's not winning playoff games AND still having to pay Bubba $10 every day to make sure his car is still in the practice facility parking lot of Ford Field.

Seriously. Name me a single ****ing QB who left/signed with a new team specifically for the "market". I don't think a single ****ing example exists in the history of the NFL.
If he leaves, it would be for a better defense. He has had shitty defenses backing him up his entire football career. High school, college, and now early Chiefs career with no end in sight. The Chiefs front office needs to get their shit together in this regard.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:08 PM 10-10-2018
You guys talking about Mahomes leaving are just emotionally scarred. Stop. Just enjoy it. He's going to be the King of this city, just like George Brett, a California kid, is.
[Reply]
Best22 09:09 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If he leaves, it would be for a better defense. He has had shitty defenses backing him up his entire football career. High school, college, and now early Chiefs career with no end in sight. The Chiefs front office needs to get their shit together in this regard.
Rodgers has had nothing in Green Bay yet he stays around

Same with Brees
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:14 PM 10-10-2018

Thank you and amen. I DO believe that the FO will be headed that way, as we already pretty much have more offensive weapons for Mahomes than most QB's have across the league.
And though defense has changed greatly in the last 10 to 15 years, the Chiefs are, historically, a defensive-oriented franchise. It's a huge part of the culture and the mythos of Arrowhead.
And goddamnit; it's fun.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:14 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Rodgers has had nothing in Green Bay yet he stays around

Same with Brees
Even more reason for him to think about that kind of move if it becomes necessary. Rodgers and Brees are both somewhat underrated because they don't have the rings.

Brees and Rodgers are as good as any QB to ever play. They don't have the rings because the defense has been garbage for both of them. That's the only difference between those two guys and Peyton (who was carried by the defense TWICE), Big Ben (carried by the defense TWICE), Montana (all around great team), Brady (two early rings as a game manager with elite defense), etc.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:38 PM 10-10-2018
Similar to the "market" example.

Name me one QB in NFL history who refused to re-sign with his team because of a bad defense.

Carson Palmer comes the closest, and that's more about management, similar to the Kirk Cousins affair. He wanted to get paid if he was going to be with that shitbag Cincinnati franchise longterm, and the Bengals said no to his demands.

In all cases where QBs leave teams due to disagreements, there's one issue at the root of it all:

Money.

That's it. Fucking money. That's all it takes. All teams and all cities are equal players when it comes to money and keeping franchise QBs. If the team wants a QB to stay and start longterm, all they need is a wad of cash, and the QB will usually stay there unless the team fucks it up.

Do you have any reason to believe whatsoever that the Chiefs are going to try to stiff Patrick Mahomes when it comes time for him to sign a new deal?
[Reply]
eDave 09:41 PM 10-10-2018
Guys. I'm not THAT afraid. It would just suck is all.
[Reply]
Page 1167 of 2678
« First < 16766710671117115711631164116511661167 116811691170117111771217126716672167 > Last »
Up