ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1021 of 2686
« First < 21521921971101110171018101910201021 102210231024102510311071112115212021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:03 PM 09-19-2018
I love it. Still got people in denial. "Wait until they get some film on him."

What the fuck are these people watching? Film on what? Perfect reads and perfect throws?

I mean, statistical averages suggest he won't throw 6 touchdowns a game, but these flunkies that think defenses are just gonna "figure him out" are showing their ass. They don't know shit about football.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"Defenses will adjust..."

HOW?!?!

That back shoulder toss to Watkins - Mahomes was beat. The defense had the right call. The blitz came over the correct side, the blitzer knocked Ware(?) the hell out of the way and the play was blown up. Mahomes takes a step backwards and falling off his back foot fires a lazer 18 yards downfield to hit Watkins dead in the chest at the sideline for a 1st down.

There. Is. No. Adjusting. To. That.

I do think we'll see some Man 2 deep attempts where they'll send 3, try to keep the top on the offense by sending two safeties back and then trying to clutter the intermediate zone with enough defenders to make it difficult to find someone. But that still won't beat a precise throw. He'll get 3 seconds or more to find someone and with that time, he'll do it more than he doesn't. But if I'm a DC, I hope for death by 1,000 papercuts and hope there's a hold that slows the drive or maybe an errant throw that gets tipped/picked.

Single-high has to die; teams absolutely cannot do that against this team. They will get abused time and time again. And I don't think a cover 2 or drop zone will work either because the offense is schemed too well; Andy will create mis-matches and force zone defenders into decisions that they can't win.

The Jags game is going to be fascinating. They have so many athletes on defense that they can play a 2 deep man and make it work. They also have the kind of DL to still get to the passer. It's amazing, but I'm actually looking past the Broncos game because they just don't concern me. Even if they win - who cares? We'll run them down when they fade in November/December like they always do.

I want to see how we stack up against the Jags, Pats and Rams - that's it. I care about how we do against SB contenders - the West is just a speedbump.
It's the throws to Kelce in the seam and touch passes and shit that blow me away. I know he can throw it far and hard. But damn. When he drops it between the safeties and over a LB to Kelce, my nipples tweeked.

We'll put 35 on New England. That D is just trash. We may give up 40 but we'll score there.

The Broncos aren't bad. I don't think Keenum can do much and we should score but they're decent to good.

The Jags game is the one I'm interested to see. They can rush 4 and play man behind it and just say "**** you, beat us" as they have the horses. That'll be an interesting match up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:07 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

What the fuck are these people watching? Film on what? Perfect reads and perfect throws?

I mean, statistical averages suggest he won't throw 6 touchdowns a game, but these flunkies that think defenses are just gonna "figure him out" are showing their ass. They don't know shit about football.
We short-circuited Tom Brady about 4 years ago in that Arrowhead game (a Monday nighter?) where Clay declared the death of TB12. And that was almost exclusively by dropped a zillion guys into coverage, forcing him to work underneath and just biding our time. He simply wasn't prepared for it and it rattled him.

I could see the same thing happening to Mahomes, especially with as aggressive as he is. You take away the downfield pass and stop worrying about the rush - he might go on the fritz for a game or two trying to recalibrate to that.

Then again, he might not. He might just hit dig/crossing routes all day and laaaaaugh and laaaaugh and laugh his way to a 90% completion percentage and 3 scores without getting his jersey dirty.

Someone might rattle him for a bit...but it'll be a blip. And there's a chance that it doesn't rattle him at all.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:08 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

What the **** are these people watching? Film on what? Perfect reads and perfect throws?

It’s certainly not Deshaun Watson throwing 50/50 jump balls and getting bailed out repeatedly by Hopkins. It’s not Kaepernick with Harbaugh’s chicken shit zone read offense.

As long as Tyreek and Kelce are healthy, it’s gonna be tough. Both of them create serious matchup problems for any NFL defense. There isn’t a corner in the league that can run stride for stride with Tyreek, which means you better have a damn good safety back there. While your safety helps on Tyreek, you then get beat with Kelce over the middle or Sammy on the other side of the field.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:08 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
My brother always used to rag on me for shitting on Smith. I told him Mahomes would be better and he didn't believe me. I texted him after the first two games.....and all I got was....."We haven't won a Superbowl yet....calm down".

****ing douchebag.
Definitely needs to be taken out of your will
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 09-19-2018
My brother always used to rag on me for shitting on Smith. I told him Mahomes would be better and he didn't believe me. I texted him after the first two games.....and all I got was....."We haven't won a Superbowl yet....calm down".

Fucking douchebag.
Me too!

All I get now is "its 2 games he will throw interceptions, just wait till he throws 3 or 4 in a game it's coming"

"Terez Paylor just like me thinks this is only an 8 or 9 win team so calm down"
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 09-19-2018

****ing douchebag.
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:12 PM 09-19-2018
Keitzman loving him some Mahomes today.

Saying his interview today is the best we have heard.

My how things have changed huh?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:15 PM 09-19-2018
"Defenses will adjust..."

HOW?!?!
Right?

I keep hearing that bullshit and all i can think is, "adjust to what?".

There isn't a defensive scheme to stop this. You either have the players to match up or you don't. He's killing cover 2, killing single high, he's killing zone blitzes and press coverage.

You either have the horses to match up or you don't. And only the Jags and Rams have the horses, and i'm in the camp that believes Mahomes will torch the Rams too.

They have no LB's and Peters' weakness is covering the deep ball and biting on double moves.
[Reply]
O.city 01:17 PM 09-19-2018
We short-circuited Tom Brady about 4 years ago in that Arrowhead game (a Monday nighter?) where Clay declared the death of TB12. And that was almost exclusively by dropped a zillion guys into coverage, forcing him to work underneath and just biding our time. He simply wasn't prepared for it and it rattled him.

I could see the same thing happening to Mahomes, especially with as aggressive as he is. You take away the downfield pass and stop worrying about the rush - he might go on the fritz for a game or two trying to recalibrate to that.

Then again, he might not. He might just hit dig/crossing routes all day and laaaaaugh and laaaaugh and laugh his way to a 90% completion percentage and 3 scores without getting his jersey dirty.

Someone might rattle him for a bit...but it'll be a blip. And there's a chance that it doesn't rattle him at all.
That's the thing, at some point he's gonna need to just go full Alex Smith and take the check downs and such for a while to keep teams honest.

It's not bad to take those little throws to Hunt and Hill and such. Let them take those screens and 5 yard hitches and run.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Right?

I keep hearing that bullshit and all i can think is, "adjust to what?".

There isn't a defensive scheme to stop this. You either have the players to match up or you don't. He's killing cover 2, killing single high, he's killing zone blitzes and press coverage.

You either have the horses to match up or you don't. And only the Jags and Rams have the horses, and i'm in the camp that believes Mahomes will torch the Rams too.

They have no LB's and Peters' weakness is covering the deep ball and biting on double moves.
Those big horses up front worry me about the Rams.

But I would like to think Andy can make those LB's look like garbage with his passing game.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's the thing, at some point he's gonna need to just go full Alex Smith and take the check downs and such for a while to keep teams honest.

It's not bad to take those little throws to Hunt and Hill and such. Let them take those screens and 5 yard hitches and run.
I have a feeling that we will see some of that in the Jags game.

I think our D matches up well with their offense, so I don’t think we need to win a shootout in that one. Let Bortles make a mistake, not us.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I think our D matches up well with their offense, so I don’t think we need to win a shootout in that one.
That game is pretty interesting. That D is just pretty stacked and nasty. I'm interested to see how we attack it.

Fuck though, if our D could just be average.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:22 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
That game is pretty interesting. That D is just pretty stacked and nasty. I'm interested to see how we attack it.

Fuck though, if our D could just be average.
Conley and Robinson are going to be huge parts of that game. OBJ still went 11 for 11 with derpy Eli throwing him the ball against them though, so maybe Hill can still do damage.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I think our D matches up well with their offense, so I don’t think we need to win a shootout in that one. Let Bortles make a mistake, not us.
Yeah if there is 1 team that could match up with this offense it’s the Jags. They have top caliber rushers at every position up front and talented speed in the LB corps and secondary.

Fuck I’m so excited to be going to see that live with perfect seats.
[Reply]
Page 1021 of 2686
« First < 21521921971101110171018101910201021 102210231024102510311071112115212021 > Last »
Up