ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1020 of 2683
« First < 20520920970101010161017101810191020 102110221023102410301070112015202020 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:02 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I almost feel badly for Chief Fan who swore off NFL football prior to the season. You suffer for years only to leave in a huff as the Savior arrives. :-)
Brought htismaque back!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:05 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
But Andy Reid's play calling!
I argued with a guy that said Andy Reid held back Alex Smith and i was like what coach is going tell a quarterback not to throw to an open (fastest man alive) guy streaking down the field for a potential game winning touchdown in the playoffs?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I argued with a guy that said Andy Reid held back Alex Smith and i was like what coach is going tell a quarterback not to throw to an open (fastest man alive) guy streaking down the field for a potential game winning touchdown in the playoffs?
I have a friend like that who would always defend Alex..he actually still does.

I just wished I'd have had an all 22 tape on me, if you ever look at that shit you could see within 10 minutes of watching one of those how many times he'd pass up an open guy down the field to dump it off.

Reid always had guys going deep but you have safety outlets as a just in case..Alex would take them even with the deep guys are open it's like playing the position backwards.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:11 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Finally! Mulatto Gellato..
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:16 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Finally! Mulatto Gellato..
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 09-19-2018
Mahomes received a 94.1 PFF grade for last week.

Kelce got a 90.5.
[Reply]
prhom 12:31 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have a friend like that who would always defend Alex..he actually still does.

I just wished I'd have had an all 22 tape on me, if you ever look at that shit you could see within 10 minutes of watching one of those how many times he'd pass up an open guy down the field to dump it off.

Reid always had guys going deep but you have safety outlets as a just in case..Alex would take them even with the deep guys are open it's like playing the position backwards.
It’s funny because it always seemed like people here would argue that guys who appeared to be open on the all-22 weren’t really open at all and Smith made the right choice by checking down or scrambling. Well, now it’s like Mahomes is hitting anybody that looks even remotely open. It’s really a thing of beauty.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:38 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
It’s funny because it always seemed like people here would argue that guys who appeared to be open on the all-22 weren’t really open at all and Smith made the right choice by checking down or scrambling.
Well, those people don't know shit. And we tried explaining to those people that they don't know shit but they didn't listen.

Same way these "don't know shitters" hated on Mahomes' talent and didn't believe.

Now all of a sudden, "oh his game reminds me of Aaron Rodgers".

Like....bitches please. I was making those comparisons well over a year ago. Damn "don't know shitters". The comparison was OBVIOUS. Unless of course...you don't know shit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, those people don't know shit. And we tried explaining to those people that they don't know shit but they didn't listen.

Same way these "don't know shitters" hated on Mahomes' talent and didn't believe.

Like....bitches please. I was making those comparisons well over a year ago. Damn "don't know shitters". The comparison was OBVIOUS. Unless of course...you don't know shit.
This.

I talked to SO MANY PEOPLE during and after that Titan's game about the transition from Smith to Mahomes. All I heard was how we were going to be an 8-8 team because Mahomes would be too reckless and throw too many INTs.

I talk to them now and it's like their memory has been wiped.

I told these fuckers before it happened and none of them want to say shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
It’s funny because it always seemed like people here would argue that guys who appeared to be open on the all-22 weren’t really open at all and Smith made the right choice by checking down or scrambling. Well, now it’s like Mahomes is hitting anybody that looks even remotely open. It’s really a thing of beauty.
In fairness, there's 'Smith open' and 'Mahomes open'.

Mahomes can rifle a ball into spaces that Smith just can't. The TD to Kelce is an obvious example, as was the TD to Robinson. Smith woulud've been an idiot to try either of those throws because his arm simply wouldn't allow him to execute them.

And that's more of a reflection of Mahomes than Smith. Smith has an average NFL arm; maybe a tick below but not egregiously so. Mahomes just has a damn howitzer.

I still wonder what the order of progressions was for Smith v. Mahomes. Mecca's right - Andy often sent guys downfield with Smith under center. I always assumed the reads were such that when you see an open player in your progression, you hit him (or the timing falls to hell). So when he'd hit that 7 yard cross instead of taking it downfield, it seemed to me like it was a feature of the offense - that's where he was supposed to look first and if it's there, take it.

But when you watch Mahomes, it seems the progressions are reversed and he looks outside to in. Smith's doing the same thing in Washington he did here, meanwhile Mahomes looks like he's playing a different sport. Hard to say that it wasn't on Smith rather than Reid at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In fairness, there's 'Smith open' and 'Mahomes open'.

Mahomes can rifle a ball into spaces that Smith just can't. The TD to Kelce is an obvious example, as was the TD to Robinson. Smith woulud've been an idiot to try either of those throws because his arm simply wouldn't allow him to execute them.

And that's more of a reflection of Mahomes than Smith. Smith has an average NFL arm; maybe a tick below but not egregiously so. Mahomes just has a damn howitzer.

I still wonder what the order of progressions was for Smith v. Mahomes. Mecca's right - Andy often sent guys downfield with Smith under center. I always assumed the reads were such that when you see an open player in your progression, you hit him (or the timing falls to hell). So when he'd hit that 7 yard cross instead of taking it downfield, it seemed to me like it was a feature of the offense - that's where he was supposed to look first and if it's there, take it.

But when you watch Mahomes, it seems the progressions are reversed and he looks outside to in. Smith's doing the same thing in Washington he did here, meanwhile Mahomes looks like he's playing a different sport. Hard to say that it wasn't on Smith rather than Reid at this point.
Some of those hole throws he's made are just crazy. The first week was a little more gunslinger ish, but this past week against the Steelers, dude was just in the fucking zone from the pocket. He absolutely demolished everything they tried to do, from the pocket.

That's why i'd say it's sustainable. It's not shit on the move or just chucking it deep.

He's standing in there and just fucking raining shit down on people from the pocket.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:55 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I had a guy about 4-5 rows down yelling up at me during the Bills game about what an idiot I was for blaming Smith on missed targets. "What do you want to do, go to Mahomes and end up back in the 3-13 days with Cassel?!" It was literally the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Then he doubled down with standard "Smithisms" about how he never turns the ball over, blah blah blah.

That motherfucker didn't say boo after Smith threw a terrible interception to end that game.

The number of people that aren't going to eat the shit they deserve to eat just frustrates the hell out of me. Those aggressively indignant cocksuckers have no right to enjoy this, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 12:57 PM 09-19-2018
I had a guy about 4-5 rows down yelling up at me during the Bills game about what an idiot I was for blaming Smith on missed targets. "What do you want to do, go to Mahomes and end up back in the 3-13 days with Cassel?!" It was literally the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Then he doubled down with standard "Smithisms" about how he never turns the ball over, blah blah blah.

That mother****er didn't say boo after Smith threw a terrible interception to end that game.

The number of people that aren't going to eat the shit they deserve to eat just frustrates the hell out of me. Those aggressively indignant one who sucks the peniss have no right to enjoy this, IMO.
Yeah, been there.

Hell, I was one of the bigger Smith fans in my friend/family circle. But some of these dudes, just , damn.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:58 PM 09-19-2018

That motherfucker didn't say boo after Smith threw a terrible interception to end that game.

The number of people that aren't going to eat the shit they deserve to eat just frustrates the hell out of me. Those aggressively indignant cocksuckers have no right to enjoy this, IMO.
My brother always used to rag on me for shitting on Smith. I told him Mahomes would be better and he didn't believe me. I texted him after the first two games.....and all I got was....."We haven't won a Superbowl yet....calm down".

Fucking douchebag.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Some of those hole throws he's made are just crazy. The first week was a little more gunslinger ish, but this past week against the Steelers, dude was just in the fucking zone from the pocket. He absolutely demolished everything they tried to do, from the pocket.

That's why i'd say it's sustainable. It's not shit on the move or just chucking it deep.

He's standing in there and just fucking raining shit down on people from the pocket.
"Defenses will adjust..."

HOW?!?!

That back shoulder toss to Watkins - Mahomes was beat. The defense had the right call. The blitz came over the correct side, the blitzer knocked Ware(?) the hell out of the way and the play was blown up. Mahomes takes a step backwards and falling off his back foot fires a lazer 18 yards downfield to hit Watkins dead in the chest at the sideline for a 1st down.

There. Is. No. Adjusting. To. That.

I do think we'll see some Man 2 deep attempts where they'll send 3, try to keep the top on the offense by sending two safeties back and then trying to clutter the intermediate zone with enough defenders to make it difficult to find someone. But that still won't beat a precise throw. He'll get 3 seconds or more to find someone and with that time, he'll do it more than he doesn't. But if I'm a DC, I hope for death by 1,000 papercuts and hope there's a hold that slows the drive or maybe an errant throw that gets tipped/picked.

Single-high has to die; teams absolutely cannot do that against this team. They will get abused time and time again. And I don't think a cover 2 or drop zone will work either because the offense is schemed too well; Andy will create mis-matches and force zone defenders into decisions that they can't win.

The Jags game is going to be fascinating. They have so many athletes on defense that they can play a 2 deep man and make it work. They also have the kind of DL to still get to the passer. It's amazing, but I'm actually looking past the Broncos game because they just don't concern me. Even if they win - who cares? We'll run them down when they fade in November/December like they always do.

I want to see how we stack up against the Jags, Pats and Rams - that's it. I care about how we do against SB contenders - the West is just a speedbump.
[Reply]
Page 1020 of 2683
« First < 20520920970101010161017101810191020 102110221023102410301070112015202020 > Last »
Up