ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 146
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:59 PM 02-06-2023
Teams are so even statistically overall, with our half yard per play advantage on offense offset by their defense. Both will move well between the 20s, I think it comes down to red zone and turnovers. That would have been a disadvantage for most of the season but in the last few games the D has only surrendered 44 percent TD rate compared with 66 for the season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:02 PM 02-06-2023
Now I know why I hate Eagles HC Nick Sarianni. He was assistant assistant coach during the Snott Piioli Era. Andy Reai cleaned house and we haven't looked back.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:02 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
yeah, they do. That running attack is pretty sophisticated, much more so than their passing attack. Jalen is the key. As a runner, he changes the numbers, plus he's just really damned good at RPO/option plays, meaning he has an extremely good grasp of how the decision-making protocol works and processes that part of the game better than anyone. He's better at the decision-making portion than Lamar, I think. Thank God he's not nearly as fast.

I think Spags will have a good plan for slowing them down, but we don't want to get into a straight up open field battle with PHI and that running game, imo. They're just too good at it, and they have the horses. Gotta get them to be more pass-centric by mid-third quarter.
Kelce is a big part of that run game as well. I watched a show the other day that highlighted Kelce, pulling from center and destroying DEs and then on to the next level and pancaking LBs. It was very impressive.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:04 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Now I know why I hate Eagles HC Nick Sarianni. He was assistant assistant coach during the Snott Piioli Era. Andy Reai cleaned house and we haven't looked back.
Todd Haley gave him his first NFL job, with the Chiefs.

He sounds like a really good dude.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:05 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Kelce is a big part of that run game as well. I watched a show the other day that highlighted Kelce, pulling from center and destroying DEs and then on to the next level and pancaking LBs. It was very impressive.
Yeah, I do think we'll be able to run on them to a certain degree. But the strength of the team goes through the air, so I doubt we'll just pin our ears back and try to bulldoze them. Unless we're late in the game with at least a 9 point lead. Then Andy might call a half dozen runs in a row. Might.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:09 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I do think we'll be able to run on them to a certain degree. But the strength of the team goes through the air, so I doubt we'll just pin our ears back and try to bulldoze them. Unless we're late in the game with at least a 9 point lead. Then Andy might call a half dozen runs in a row. Might.
Not OUR Kelce, theirs. Not sure Ive seen a Center doing the things he was doing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:14 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Not OUR Kelce, theirs. Not sure Ive seen a Center doing the things he was doing.
Right. Keep forgetting Jason's last name is kelce, lol.

Yeah, he's a difference maker. And you're right, he does a lot of things most Cs just don't or can't do. He's so versatile, probably from playing so many positions when he was younger. He just knows what the defense is thinking in every situation and moment. For instance, he played LB at one point, iirc, so he knows at a genetic level what LBs want to do and how they react to every situation. He also played FB, iirc.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:37 PM 02-06-2023
Don't know if it would be a good idea to activate ole Shelton. Might need his big ass in coverage.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:37 PM 02-06-2023
Sneed cleared concussion protocol today. That’s nice.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02-06-2023, 09:40 PM
This message has been deleted by WhawhaWhat.
staylor26 09:42 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sneed cleared concussion protocol today. That’s nice.
LFG
[Reply]
Stryker 09:44 PM 02-06-2023
Like Chris Meck said before - USE A SPY on Hurts. STOP the run and keep their D on the field as long as possible. I want their D exhausted in the 4th quarter! We can do this! CHIEFS OR DIE! :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 PM 02-06-2023
Mahomes got a long loud ovation on his first question. So loud he had to wait for a minute.

Lot of KC fans. Could feel like a home game
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:01 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Like Chris Meck said before - USE A SPY on Hurts. STOP the run and keep their D on the field as long as possible. I want their D exhausted in the 4th quarter! We can do this! CHIEFS OR DIE! :-)
Pretty confident Spags will spy Hurts. The only real question is who exactly draws that duty. Bolton is the obvious choice, but Gay is so much more athletic, just not as savvy. I have a feeling Spags might rotate the duty among at least three players, just not sure who that third would be.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02-06-2023, 10:07 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Broke the thread
Megatron96 10:15 PM 02-06-2023
Lolz, okay which one of you guys is over on the Eagles board trolling them with the "it's rigged! It's all a conspiracy to have Mahomes win" shit?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:39 PM 02-06-2023

[Reply]
Page 84 of 146
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Up