ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 146
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Further evidence that supports Toney playing.
Yeah, and pretty sure Justin Watson will be available, plus Trent McDuffie technically can return.

But I watched the AFCCG highlights earlier this evening, followed by "The Franchise" episode 13, followed by a couple "Sights and Sounds" of the game, and I'll tell you that Skyy's mechanics and fundamentals looked near-perfect on his three returns. He gets under the ball in time and gets set; he doesn't have any happy feet issues, hell, the last one for the 27 yard gain, he had to drift backwards several yards, and he still fielded the ball perfectly. His catch mechanics are perfect, and he even went straight upfield after the catches.

I think he's going to be okay as a returner going into next year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:49 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by duce22:
Lot of respect for the Chiefs, watched a lot of games from both teams. Think this one may be over by halftime. Maybe wishful thinking. Eagles haven't had a rough path but you only play the teams you play and they should have the full roster healthy.
Shut up bitch
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's not necessarily the schemes I'm talking about. It's that he had three seasons to study Andy's offense and Mahomes, which a lot more than the PHI DC has had. And not just film; he's been on the sidelines seeing how everything works first-hand. He's going to know situational tendencies, subtle formation or even player packages and what Andy likes to run from them. He's going to have some kind of a book just on Andy and Mahomes. If he's as good a DC as everyone says he is, that book is going to be pretty thick after playing against KC for three seasons x2.

Now, Andy is the king of breaking his own tendencies, and PHI probably can't just adopt Fangio's defense in a week and a half (don't think they would anyway), so it's not a huge advantage either. But the PHI DC would be a pretty dumb clown not to ask Fangio if he could look at that book.
Thing is, the 2022 version of KC's offense was basically built to beat Fangio's defensive strategy. That and all of his disciples.

The rise of Fangio was because that scheme was good at forcing the new young gunslingers to hold the ball, be patient and take the short stuff or make mistakes forcing the ball because they want to chuck it downfield. So he and all of his disciples (Brandon Staley) become all the rage.

I'm not worried about Fangio. There's no genius scheme there. Hell, we run some of the same coverages, and disguising things pre-snap is perhaps the only 'scheme' that you can call Spagnuolo's.

It's the horses.

What I am worried about is that front four.

If you have a dominant front four, you'll have a top 5 defense. It's really that simple.

It's why I thought Veach was on a mission for that this offseason, but he went back to front instead. Not what I expected, but hard to argue with the results.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 02-04-2023
Fangio is a pattern match guy. Basically like a matchup zone in basketball.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:56 PM 02-04-2023

[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 02-04-2023
Just a reminder that the Chiefs have absolutely destroyed the Fangio defense that the league has copied. Practicing against it as a division opponent has prepared them for it.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:27 PM 02-04-2023
Per coach Toub, Skyy will not be returning kicks/punts in the Super Bowl, barring an emergency.
Good.

Skyy’s entire focus needs to be as a WR on offense this game.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:16 PM 02-04-2023
It would be a strange look. For the AFC to be loaded with QB talent. Then have the NFC win the last 3 SBs
[Reply]
cmd227 05:23 PM 02-04-2023
Exactly what changes did PHI make defensively from last season? just watched the highlights from the week 4 meeting last season, and our offense didn't have any trouble moving the ball either on the ground or through the air. On the ground was really interesting; 32 rushes for 200 yards. CEH had a career type day, over 100 yds and 7.3yds/att. Pat threw for less than 300 yards, but 5 TDs.

I don't expect it will be that easy again, but wow, the offense pretty much did whatever they wanted.
Lets' see. Drafted Jordan Davis. Picked up Bradberry, CJ Gardner-Johnson, Kyzir White, Suh, Joseph and Robert Quinn....Oh and your boy Wiley's comp - Haason Reddick.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:27 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
What changes did Tampa Bay make from the 1st half of of the 2020 game to the Super Bowl? Do not underestimate psychology/intangibles when it comes to football.
Well, we lost 3/5's of our line during that time...
[Reply]
tredadda 05:28 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by cmd227:
Lets' see. Drafted Jordan Davis. Picked up Bradberry, CJ Gardner-Johnson, Kyzir White, Suh, Joseph and Robert Quinn....Oh and your boy Wiley's comp - Haason Reddick.
Should be interesting. They did add a ton of talent on defense. On paper the Eagles defense should dominate KC’s offense. In reality that most likely won’t happen. This offense and Mahomes shreds top tier defenses and with two weeks to heal and game plan it’s going to be fun. Not guaranteeing a win, just expecting KC to do well.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:44 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
What changes did Tampa Bay make from the 1st half of of the 2020 game to the Super Bowl? Do not underestimate psychology/intangibles when it comes to football.

Everyone on the line were backups and street free agents, and the psychological aspect was the whole team was dealing with the Britt Reid car crash incident. Then there's the fact that Patrick was playing with a turf toe injury
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:55 PM 02-04-2023

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:02 PM 02-04-2023
Is Fortson able to go? He could be a nice piece to have in the RZ.
Big Jody will catch a HUNGRY SNOWGLOBE TD, you heard it here first...
[Reply]
tredadda 06:36 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Everyone on the line were backups and street free agents, and the psychological aspect was the whole team was dealing with the Britt Reid car crash incident.
And Mahomes was playing with turf toe which limited his mobility.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 146
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Up