ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 146
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:46 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I don't understand how anyone would think this game would be over at the half. These are two good teams and nobody is giving up. Even the Tampa superbowl 2 years ago, the game looked bleak but who thought it was over at the half?

It is highly unlikely the game is over at the half either way because that would have to be a hell of a deficit for either side for it to be "over". However, anyone thinking the Chiefs are in for a beatdown must not realize that Patrick Mahomes has started 93 total games in his career (regular and post season) and has lost by double digits exactly 3 times. That's it. 3 times.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:51 PM 02-03-2023
The only concern I have is that shitty field! Remember Butker and several other players were injured when we played there week 1. I hope the field is better this time around.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:57 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
The only concern I have is that shitty field! Remember Butker and several other players were injured when we played there week 1. I hope the field is better this time around.
Well then, rest easy. The NFL takes over supervision of the field for the SB and they sent "The Sodfather", George Toma, to personally oversee it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:59 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It is highly unlikely the game is over at the half either way because that would have to be a hell of a deficit for either side for it to be "over". However, anyone thinking the Chiefs are in for a beatdown must not realize that Patrick Mahomes has started 93 total games in his career (regular and post season) and has lost by double digits exactly 3 times. That's it. 3 times.
SB 55, Raiders at KC a couple years ago (the bus game) and Titans at Nashville in 21?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:14 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
SB 55, Raiders at KC a couple years ago (the bus game) and Titans at Nashville in 21?
The bus game was 40-32. Last year at home to the Bills (in that weird game that was delayed by weather) we lost 38-20. You got the other two.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:15 PM 02-03-2023
I went back and watched highlights from last year's Chiefs/Eagles...sure is nice to have a superior replacement for Nieman, Hitchens, Hughes, Sorenson, Mathieu, Baker, Watts Bootle, and Reed. Amazing job by Veatch, almost unheard of to replace that many snaps, largely with draft picks. Would be nice to have Wharton and Hill, but another 11-13 new picks this year will set this team up through most of the 20s.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:16 PM 02-03-2023
I just rewatched the condensed game from last year. Absolutely no defense in that game. Almost 1000 combined yards. We gashed them with the run, believe it or not. Around 200 yards on the ground. Hurts throwing the ball was most of their offense.

Yes, both defenses are improved from last year, but the Chiefs much more so than the Eagles. I'd still expect a shoot-out if both offenses are healthy, and that is the big unknown going into the game. My thinking is Hurts' shoulder is the real key, more so than Mahomes' lingering ankle injury or our WRs injuries. If Hurts is not throwing darts on the move, how do they win?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:16 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
The bus game was 40-32. Last year at home to the Bills (in that weird game that was delayed by weather) we lost 38-20. You got the other two.
Damn, that’s right. I turned off that Bills game early. Sunday night. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Even if a team is averaging 6 yards per carry, that doesn’t mean the carries are: 4, 8, 6, 7, 6, 5…etc

It’s normally more lik:

3, 12, 6, 5, 1, 2…and that’s 3rd and 7. Hurts will have to make throws to win.
I think Hurts can make the shorter throws. Not sure if he can make the deep ones with accuracy if his throwing arm is not fully healed.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:21 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, that's kind of why I asked. But i also was interested in if they made any schematic changes, as I saw that Fangio became their 'defensive consultant,' at the beginning of the season, and he knows Pat and the Chiefs old offense pretty well. So that might slow down the Chiefs offense a bit at first.
I'm with you, I misinterpreted the tone of the rhetoric. They need to do something to slow the Chiefs done, as we scored 5 TDs in the first 6 possessions! Helped to have Hill :-)
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:26 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I just rewatched the condensed game from last year. Absolutely no defense in that game. Almost 1000 combined yards. We gashed them with the run, believe it or not. Around 200 yards on the ground. Hurts throwing the ball was most of their offense.

Yes, both defenses are improved from last year, but the Chiefs much more so than the Eagles. I'd still expect a shoot-out if both offenses are healthy, and that is the big unknown going into the game. My thinking is Hurts' shoulder is the real key, more so than Mahomes' lingering ankle injury or our WRs injuries. If Hurts is not throwing darts on the move, how do they win?
Hurts looked very good throwing the ball that game, shoulder could be the difference this year, but the bigger factor is we have improved the secondary by leaps and bounds.Hughes played the entire game, Baker played, Ward was ok. None of them could hold McDuffie's jock even as a rookie, and I think it's clear that J Watson is better than Ward, and light years better than Hughes and Baker.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Hurts looked very good throwing the ball that game, shoulder could be the difference this year, but the bigger factor is we have improved the secondary by leaps and bounds.Hughes played the entire game, Baker played, Ward was ok. None of them could hold McDuffie's jock even as a rookie, and I think it's clear that J Watson is better than Ward, and light years better than Hughes and Baker.
Well, pound for pound I'm not ready to say Watson is better than Ward but facts are facts and Watson and company did a better job against Chase and Higgins than Ward and company did in the last AFCCG. I would run, not walk, to take Watson over Hughes or Baker though.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:30 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

Honestly the Eagles improved a ton on defense as well. I would think it’s probably close. KC needs to game plan for Reddick because if I am the Eagles I probably send him on Brown’s side as he has issues with speed rushers.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:30 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Yeah, our secondary is much improved from last year, and Hurts may not be close 100%. Not sure Philly should be the favorite.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by duce22:
Lot of respect for the Chiefs, watched a lot of games from both teams. Think this one may be over by halftime. Maybe wishful thinking. Eagles haven't had a rough path but you only play the teams you play and they should have the full roster healthy.
The Chiefs offense can score as many points and as much as the Cowboys who put a ton on the Eagles. The difference is the Cowboys have Dak who is hot and cold. Mahomes rarely has those types of games.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 146
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up