ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 146
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
\
This kinda feels like it's over by the end of the 3rd. The more I look into it, I just don't think the Eagles match up well with us.
Your lips to God's ears. For once, I'd like to have a game where I don't have to have a heart attack until the final fucking second.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:02 PM 02-03-2023
I may have to put some money down on this one.

This kinda feels like it's over by the end of the 3rd. The more I look into it, I just don't think the Eagles match up well with us.

They'll have to just bludgeon us with the run game and A) I don't think they can, B) I don't think they will.

Like it or not, coaches are human. These guys are on the big stage and it's Siriani's first time out there. I just can't see him spamming inside hand-offs at 4 yards/carry. It's exactly what cost Shanahan against us.

"Oh well Siriani won't stop running if he gets a lead..."

Wanna bet? He's gonna feel the need to peacock and put his stamp on it.

But more than that, I don't think he'll GET that kind of lead. They just don't have a team that is built to run away from us.

In a vacuum I think Philly is a more talented team than Cincy, but I think Cincy was a tougher out for us.
Even if a team is averaging 6 yards per carry, that doesn’t mean the carries are: 4, 8, 6, 7, 6, 5…etc

It’s normally more lik:

3, 12, 6, 5, 1, 2…and that’s 3rd and 7. Hurts will have to make throws to win.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:21 PM 02-03-2023
Exactly what changes did PHI make defensively from last season? just watched the highlights from the week 4 meeting last season, and our offense didn't have any trouble moving the ball either on the ground or through the air. On the ground was really interesting; 32 rushes for 200 yards. CEH had a career type day, over 100 yds and 7.3yds/att. Pat threw for less than 300 yards, but 5 TDs.

I don't expect it will be that easy again, but wow, the offense pretty much did whatever they wanted.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:29 PM 02-03-2023
I like this matchup way better than the 9ers or Bucs with a mash unit OL.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:31 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Exactly what changes did PHI make defensively from last season? just watched the highlights from the week 4 meeting last season, and our offense didn't have any trouble moving the ball either on the ground or through the air. On the ground was really interesting; 32 rushes for 200 yards. CEH had a career type day, over 100 yds and 7.3yds/att. Pat threw for less than 300 yards, but 5 TDs.

I don't expect it will be that easy again, but wow, the offense pretty much did whatever they wanted.
They added Hasaan Reddick, Suh, and Jordan Davis. Sweat got better. Gardner-Johnson was added on the back end. They got Bradberry.

I think the Eagles did made some really nice improvements. I just don't believe they're as drastically dominant defensively as playing so many games against below average QBs made them look ...
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:45 PM 02-03-2023
I may have to put some money down on this one.

They'll have to just bludgeon us with the run game and A) I don't think they can, B) I don't think they will.

Like it or not, coaches are human. These guys are on the big stage and it's Siriani's first time out there. I just can't see him spamming inside hand-offs at 4 yards/carry. It's exactly what cost Shanahan against us.

"Oh well Siriani won't stop running if he gets a lead..."

Wanna bet? He's gonna feel the need to peacock and put his stamp on it.

But more than that, I don't think he'll GET that kind of lead. They just don't have a team that is built to run away from us.

In a vacuum I think Philly is a more talented team than Cincy, but I think Cincy was a tougher out for us.
I pretty much agree with this. I feel like this is a game the Chiefs will control from start to finish. IDK but over in 3 quarters, but i feel like the Chiefs can take a multiple score lead in this one and more or less hold it through out the game.

I agree, i like this matchup. And i don't believe they're as great as their stats say they are.
[Reply]
duce22 04:52 PM 02-03-2023
Lot of respect for the Chiefs, watched a lot of games from both teams. Think this one may be over by halftime. Maybe wishful thinking. Eagles haven't had a rough path but you only play the teams you play and they should have the full roster healthy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by duce22:
Lot of respect for the Chiefs, watched a lot of games from both teams. Think this one may be over by halftime. Maybe wishful thinking. Eagles haven't had a rough path but you only play the teams you play and they should have the full roster healthy.
I mean, no game is over at halftime. Especially with the Chiefs. For both good and bad reasons.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 02-03-2023

Reddick was a huge addition for them and Brandon Graham got healthy. Those are arguably their two best defenders.

So it ain't nothin'.

They're a vastly superior team to last year's model.

I just don't think it'll be good enough.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:58 PM 02-03-2023
Chiefs just don't do that to teams often though.

I'd love to be cruising in this but I think it'll be close even if we're in control most of the way.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:59 PM 02-03-2023

James Bradberry was someone a lot of us (me included) wanted badly. The Chiefs were heavily rumored to want him too but it didn’t work out. He’s a very good corner. That guy had 15 INT’s and 82 passes defended in his 6 years before this one. He’s really good.

CJ Gardner-Johnson is a good safety and was traded bc of the Saints abysmal cap situation and some other bullshit.

Hassan Reddick had 23.5 sacks and 8 forced fumbles the 2 years before he got to Philly this year. He was a known speed rusher with a lot of talent.

Those 3 helped them out a lot.

Having said that, I think the Chiefs could absolutely pull away in the mid 4th if they execute. The best thing Philly has going for them is their OL. If they don’t win there then it’s pretty much over for them.
[Reply]
duce22 05:04 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I mean, no game is over at halftime. Especially with the Chiefs. For both good and bad reasons.

True, PM is insanely good. Not being 100% will be a factor in will the birds pash rush. There was a lot of talk of the 49rs defense but the eagles is just as good if not better. The eagles D line is pretty good and Haason Reddick is better than bosa or parsons. Looking forward to a great game.
[Reply]
Woogieman 05:22 PM 02-03-2023

What changes did Tampa Bay make from the 1st half of of the 2020 game to the Super Bowl? Do not underestimate psychology/intangibles when it comes to football.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:46 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Take out the Minshew games and what are those records looking like? I would assume they are under 400 yard games?
I answered that by removing the New Orleans game. The Dallas game they put up well over 400. Minshew threw for over 350 in that game alone.
[Reply]
Jerok 05:58 PM 02-03-2023
Eagles CBs are gonna be like 'WTF' when Mahomes throws a no look behind the back overhanded underhanded spiralling knuckleball to Andy Reid who registered as eligible on 6th and 2.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 146
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Up