ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 146
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 01:04 PM 02-03-2023
Eagles had 29 sacks last year. I know they added Hargrave but that doesn’t really account for an increase of 40+ sacks. They’re good but as others said, it’s largely schedule attributed.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:20 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Odd thing I realized today when looking at the Eagles games...

When teams held the Eagles to less than 400 yards of total offense, the Eagles averaged 22.0 ppg and were 6-2.

In games where the Eagles had 400 or more yards of total offense, the Eagles averaged 33.6 ppg and were 10-1.

What was more interesting was how those teams held the Eagles' offense down.
In games of 400+ yards, the Eagles averaged 262.7 passing ypg and 174.7 rushing ypg. In those games < 400 yards, the Eagles averaged 185.5 passing ypg and 125.4 rushing ypg.

Of those 8 games < 400, remove the Saints game and you have only one instance where the Eagles rushed for less than 135 yards and that was the game they got destroyed by Washington (94 yds).

So the real theory might not be to sell out on the run to shut them down. It just may be to shut down the pass. Obviously, you can't let them pop off for 200+ rushing yards though.
Take out the Minshew games and what are those records looking like? I would assume they are under 400 yard games?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:26 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
Eagles had 29 sacks last year. I know they added Hargrave but that doesn’t really account for an increase of 40+ sacks. They’re good but as others said, it’s largely schedule attributed.
They added Reddick who accounted for 16.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:40 PM 02-03-2023
I think the Chiefs matchup just fine offensively. I would be very surprised if we have problems moving the ball between the 20s.

I think there are a lot more questions about how we match up defensively. It's a unique offense using Run-Option, RPOs, and spread concepts. The addition of Brown at receiver really unlocked this offense and prevented teams from loading the box.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:56 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I think the Chiefs matchup just fine offensively. I would be very surprised if we have problems moving the ball between the 20s.

I think there are a lot more questions about how we match up defensively. It's a unique offense using Run-Option, RPOs, and spread concepts. The addition of Brown at receiver really unlocked this offense and prevented teams from loading the box.
I might be in the minority here but I think our DBs will do very well against their receivers. Not saying AJ and Devonta won't get theirs because they will. I just don't see them taking over the game, plus I don't think Hurts' shoulder will be 100% by game time.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:01 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I might be in the minority here but I think our DBs will do very well against their receivers. Not saying AJ and Devonta won't get theirs because they will. I just don't see them taking over the game, plus I don't think Hurts' shoulder will be 100% by game time.
Our DBs did a phenomenal job against the top receiver trio in the AFCCG. If they play like that again, and considering they will have Sneed this go round, Philly is going to have a rough time passing the ball.

My concern is their run game. We absolutely cannot allow the Eagles to chew up yardage on the ground. We need to stack the box, which will leave McDuffie and Sneed on an island, but they have proven themselves to be top tier corners... they should be just fine. Gotta stuff that run, grab a lead, extend it, then blitz like maniacs (unleash Spags) :-)
[Reply]
Swimm 02:06 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:

Man...Makes you wonder why more teams aren't racking up 70 plus sacks in the last 36 or so years if it was that easy.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:17 PM 02-03-2023
I visited an Eagles thread on this game and it’s like something from 25 years. Lots of posts with just run the ball and defense wins championships. Sorry Eagles fans but Hurts is going to need more than 120 yards to win. Anything less than 175 yards is a double digit Chiefs victory.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:44 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I visited an Eagles thread on this game and it’s like something from 25 years. Lots of posts with just run the ball and defense wins championships. Sorry Eagles fans but Hurts is going to need more than 120 yards to win. Anything less than 175 yards is a double digit Chiefs victory.
Defense can win championships... when they aren't facing a Patrick Mahomes led offense w/ a healthy OL.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:53 PM 02-03-2023

I dunno if this is a repost, but if so IDC. Love this dude.

Btw ignore the stupid headline, no trash talk here.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:56 PM 02-03-2023
Line hanging tough at 1.5
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:20 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Odd thing I realized today when looking at the Eagles games...

When teams held the Eagles to less than 400 yards of total offense, the Eagles averaged 22.0 ppg and were 6-2.

In games where the Eagles had 400 or more yards of total offense, the Eagles averaged 33.6 ppg and were 10-1.

What was more interesting was how those teams held the Eagles' offense down.
In games of 400+ yards, the Eagles averaged 262.7 passing ypg and 174.7 rushing ypg. In those games < 400 yards, the Eagles averaged 185.5 passing ypg and 125.4 rushing ypg.

Of those 8 games < 400, remove the Saints game and you have only one instance where the Eagles rushed for less than 135 yards and that was the game they got destroyed by Washington (94 yds).

So the real theory might not be to sell out on the run to shut them down. It just may be to shut down the pass. Obviously, you can't let them pop off for 200+ rushing yards though.
Which is right up Spags alley. He leans towards shutting down the pass and not giving a shit about the run game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:39 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

I dunno if this is a repost, but if so IDC. Love this dude.

Btw ignore the stupid headline, no trash talk here.
Lol I know I’m getting old ‘cause bro looked like a literal child in the thumbnail
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol I know I’m getting old ‘cause bro looked like a literal child in the thumbnail
Same here. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Line hanging tough at 1.5
I may have to put some money down on this one.

This kinda feels like it's over by the end of the 3rd. The more I look into it, I just don't think the Eagles match up well with us.

They'll have to just bludgeon us with the run game and A) I don't think they can, B) I don't think they will.

Like it or not, coaches are human. These guys are on the big stage and it's Siriani's first time out there. I just can't see him spamming inside hand-offs at 4 yards/carry. It's exactly what cost Shanahan against us.

"Oh well Siriani won't stop running if he gets a lead..."

Wanna bet? He's gonna feel the need to peacock and put his stamp on it.

But more than that, I don't think he'll GET that kind of lead. They just don't have a team that is built to run away from us.

In a vacuum I think Philly is a more talented team than Cincy, but I think Cincy was a tougher out for us.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 146
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120 > Last »
Up