ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 146
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I really don't think they will. I think it will be more cover 3 and a lot of zone blitz concepts. Spags will also ghost the overload blitz and bring the backside DB quite a bit I think.
I think we come out in a Cover 3 to see how Sneed and McDuffie hold up and how Thornhill is playing (is he focused and aggressive or feeling his way through).

And if the Eagles keep hanging around, we transition towards more Cover 1.

I don't expect to see much Cover 2 unless the Eagles really fall behind. We'll show some of it, but what we show pre-snap and what we actually do are going to be different animals.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:51 PM 02-10-2023
I believe the Bills when we played them (given their health at the time and how they were playing) were the best team we’ve seen all year by a solid margin. That would include the Eagles.

Am I wrong? That team was different before the injuries, especially along their DL.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:56 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don't see the 50/50 thing at all.

The Chiefs should absolutely win this game.
I agree. The team better with QB in the NFL (especially the playoffs) usually wins.
On top of that I think our coaching staff is far superior and the Eagles have enjoyed playing with the lead most of the season. I feel like Spags is has the perfect game plan for this team. (What we need to do is what he excels at anyhow). On top of that we've read about the Eagles refusing to adapt on defense and their tendency to gamble/jump routes and we know that's not gonna work well against Mahomes. In addition to that Andy has had to weeks to plan for that defense, so we know he'll have the team well prepared.

I can definitely see a scenario where we get a little lead and blitz the shit out of Hurts, get him rattled and he starts pressing and turns the ball over resulting in a fairly comfortable win for us.

What I can't really see is a scenario where the Eagles jump out ahead to an insurmountable lead. Hell, I don't even know what an insurmountable deficit looks like for the Chiefs. They've shown they can rally like no other team with Mahomes.

At the beginning of each NFL season I put a little fun money in my Bovada account and make some bets during the season until it runs out. I NEVER bet on Chiefs games, but this game I'm going to move some money over and make a decent little bet on the KC money line. I can't believe we're still dogs in this game.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 02-10-2023
GREAT thread

Since he/Kelce changed the protection, there’s no one to block 49 off the edge

Anytime you can get Hurts to think twice about his 1st read, the Eagles will be at a huge disadvantage

— Smartest Guy in the Zoom (@CBreezy_Edits) February 10, 2023

…pulls so that he can throw the ball to AJ Brown along the sidelines

The problem is, Hurts completely misses the throw & the DB is there to make a play quickly

Keep in mind, this is before Hurts’ shoulder injury!

Playing a lot of cover 3 is going to be crucial in Spags’ GP!

Their backbreaking tendency is… running the ball after nearly every Hurts run/scramble

From the games I charted, PHI ran the ball after a Hurts r/s nearly 80% of the time!

If Spags can key in on this tendency, those 2nd & shorts or 3rd & meds are going 2 be very hard 2 pick up pic.twitter.com/OonHYeCX9j

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Here’s the last thing I’ll say about Cheffers. If he comes out and it’s blatantly obvious like it was against the Bucs in the SB? Then I don’t want to hear bullshit ever again that we get all of the calls and the NFL wants us to succeed.
I'd rather not hear about the refs period. If the refs truly have a sinister agenda, then it's not just the Chiefs losses that are invalid, it's their WINS too.

People really need to start thinking about why they watch football if they think the refs are this dirty.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:05 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd rather not hear about the refs period. If the refs truly have a sinister agenda, then it's not just the Chiefs losses that are invalid, it's their WINS too.

People really need to start thinking about why they watch football if they think the refs are this dirty.
Chiefs would never have lost ever if not for the refs imho
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:10 PM 02-10-2023
Around the Horn is on at the business I’m at. I forgot how stupid sports talk had become on ESPN. This is the dumbest discussion I’ve heard in awhile.

Every point they make is stupid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:26 PM 02-10-2023
I think Spags is going to show pressure early in this one. Hurts is bottom tier when pressured. Spags might send a two or three blitzes after the first PHI drive. See if he can rattle him, especially since it's Hurts' first SB, and he's going to have some early game jitters. See if he can't generate either a quick 3-and-out or a turnover in the first half.

Offensively, obviously we all expect to see some screens early. But I think we might see some TE/WR screens more than RB screens early on, because Andy would have to expect PHI to be looking for screens to McKinnon, so why not make McKinnon the distraction and go the other way to either Skyy or Toney (obviously Kelce will likely get a screen pass or two at some point)?

I'm really interested to see if Andy spends any time trying to get the running game going early. My gut says probably not, but it might be pretty effective early.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:41 PM 02-10-2023
I thank God that I have been busy AF the last 2 weeks because it's gone by quickly. I haven't had much time to think about the game. But now? Yeah, it's quittin time and I'm knee deep in bourbon and planning to soak it all the f up!

Let's

****ing

Go!

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:58 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I thank God that I have been busy AF the last 2 weeks because it's gone by quickly. I haven't had much time to think about the game. But now? Yeah, it's quittin time and I'm knee deep in bourbon and planning to soak it all the f up!
So, you take your bourbon kneet.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:17 PM 02-10-2023
The amount of Rookies that will be getting Super Bowl experience is unreal. Once again, amazing job Veach.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:22 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Around the Horn is on at the business I’m at. I forgot how stupid sports talk had become on ESPN. This is the dumbest discussion I’ve heard in awhile.

The cherry pick stats and just guessing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 02-10-2023

Jalen Hurts ranked 20th in QBR this year vs the zone blitz—which the Chiefs excelled at all season. Time for Big Game Spags! pic.twitter.com/xj2KPpgXQ1

— Mina Kimes (@minakimes) February 10, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:47 PM 02-10-2023
Not big Florio fan but he really gave me goosebumps with his game prediction. Laying it down, Patrick is THE man. THE one and only.

Florio’s take: For the first time since 2017, both No. 1 seeds have advanced to the Super Bowl. And, on paper, the Eagles are just a little bit better than the Chiefs.

But the Chiefs have the one thing the Eagles don’t. As in one-five. 15. Patrick Mahomes.

Five straight AFC Championships at home. Three Super Bowl appearances. And, if he’s ever going to come close to Tom Brady‘s seven titles, it’s time to get No. 2.

The ankle is more than good enough. The team around him is more than good enough. Unless the Eagles methodically suffocate the Chiefs with the running game and in turn get to Mahomes and sack him repeatedly, this one should be close and it should be exciting and it should come down to the wire with the Chiefs finding a way to pull it off.

Kansas City has fought through more adversity than the Eagles, especially in the playoffs. That matters. Kansas City also has the experience edge in the Super Bowl. That matter’s, too.

What matters most is the presence of the best quarterback in football, a sure-fire Hall of Famer who may eventually earn a spot in the Canton Upper Room proposed by Deion Sanders. Mahomes.

The Magic Man. The man among boys. The guy who finds a way to move the ball, to score points, and to do it in a way that is always far more entertaining than anything anyone else can muster.

It’s time to win his second. On his way to possibly more.

Florio’s pick: Chiefs 27, Eagles 24.

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Around the Horn is just a sports-themed gameshow. Almost never any good insight in that show. The should have a disclaimer "for entertainment purposes only."
[Reply]
Page 124 of 146
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up