ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 369 of 726
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379419469 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:57 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
Get it going.

I want to see if you can find more than 21 this time around.

You put so much time into I'd feel terrible if your efforts weren't rewarded this time.
I hate to break it to you, but I really don't even remember what the "Wicked 21" is, other than having something to do with the Douche of the Year poll that you thought I was attempting to rig.

However, I feel like you've really distinguished yourself this year, and will definitely be one of front runners in 2012.
[Reply]
Bambi 09:58 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
I would guess it is because 1) you are thrilled with excelling in a secondary sport and pour everything into it, and 2) Big 12 football TV contracts are very weak. Both points have been discussed constantly in this thread so try to think before posting again in the future.

Kansas football, a program your fanbase couldn't care less about, still brings in more revenue than basketball. Hmmmmm indeed.
Plenty of people go to football games at Kansas.

Sure when the team is not very good you will see a lull in attendance (the case for about 95% of college football teams in America).

Plus the fanbase only has so much money to spend on sporting events and most admittedly spend on basketball first.

That happens when you a are national power.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:58 AM 10-19-2011
If KU has a "shit program" then what does MU have?

Did MU get good all of a sudden?

What is their record this year?
Yep. KU football is on the same level as Mizzou's.
[Reply]
Pants 09:59 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Again, we do excel at a secondary sport. And it sucks to constantly be in the National Title talk in that sport nearly every year. I know you aren't used to talking about being in the National Title hunt, but it's fun....even if it is just basketball.

You guys can enjoy....well, whatever the **** a football team that is 1 game ahead of lowly KU in the shitty Big 12 enjoys.

Good luck in the SEC. I'm sure with all the domination of the Big 12 you guys have had, your 1st SEC championship is just right around the corner.
It's hard for an MU fan to understand a winning tradition. BigCatDaddy understands it since he is a fan of a school that has one as well. And ezbait can talk all he wants how basketball is on par with baseball, we'll let the national TV broadcasts speak for themselves.
[Reply]
Pants 10:00 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Yep. KU football is on the same level as Mizzou's.
I wouldn't go that far. You guys have been much better the last 3 years.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:00 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
I hate to break it to you, but I really don't even remember what the "Wicked 21" is, other than having something to do with the Douche of the Year poll that you thought I was attempting to rig.

However, I feel like you've really distinguished yourself this year, and will definitely be one of front runners in 2012.
Ahhh, the ignorance defense again.

Never change bro, please....never change.

And get the 21 ready.

I'm comin strong this time around.
[Reply]
eazyb81 10:02 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Again, we do excel at a secondary sport. And it sucks to constantly be in the National Title talk in that sport nearly every year. I know you aren't used to talking about being in the National Title hunt, but it's fun....even if it is just basketball.

You guys can enjoy....well, whatever the **** a football team that is 1 game ahead of lowly KU in the shitty Big 12 enjoys.

Good luck in the SEC. I'm sure with all the domination of the Big 12 you guys have had, your 1st SEC championship is just right around the corner.
Glad you own it, finally someone did. There's nothing wrong with being a basketball school along with all the other little guys. I hope when Texas and OU finally leave you guys can replace them with some more commuter schools.
[Reply]
Pants 10:02 AM 10-19-2011
I would guess it is because 1) you are thrilled with excelling in a secondary sport and pour everything into it, and 2) Big 12 football TV contracts are very weak. Both points have been discussed constantly in this thread so try to think before posting again in the future.

Kansas football, a program your fanbase couldn't care less about, still brings in more revenue than basketball. Hmmmmm indeed.
Yeap, it's obvious. A fanbase that cares about baskteball can not possibly care about football as well. It's a well known fact.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:03 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
I wouldn't go that far. You guys have been much better the last 3 years.
lol, KU kicked MU's ass in football three year in a row less than a decade ago
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:06 AM 10-19-2011
Yeap, it's obvious. A fanbase that cares about baskteball can not possibly care about football as well. It's a well known fact.
Care about what? Did you misspell Quidditch? And why do I have to sometimes click on the 2nd or 3rd page to find the KU BB thread? What's with all those :-) icons?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:10 AM 10-19-2011
Glad you own it, finally someone did. There's nothing wrong with being a basketball school along with all the other little guys. I hope when Texas and OU finally leave you guys can replace them with some more commuter schools.
It's like listening to a broken record. I like you outside of this thread, but in this thread, you're an idiot.
[Reply]
Pants 10:10 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Care about what? Did you misspell Quidditch? And why do I have to sometimes click on the 2nd or 3rd page to find the KU BB thread? What's with all those :-) icons?
I'm not sure whether you are aware, but KU was a national champion in Bowling and Debate during my tenure there.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:12 AM 10-19-2011
Ahhh, the ignorance defense again.

Never change bro, please....never change.

And get the 21 ready.

I'm comin strong this time around.
Hey, if you can figure out a way somebody who isn't a moderator can rig a public poll, please, let me know. The guy who won thought I rigged it, too. :-)
[Reply]
Pants 10:13 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
Hey, if you can figure out a way somebody who isn't a moderator can rig a public poll, please, let me know. The guy who won thought I rigged it, too. :-)
I think he's implying that 21 votes for him is not very many and you failed in your quest to proclaim him the douche of the year. He's OK with 21 people thinking he's a douche. I don't know whether those were your intentions.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:15 AM 10-19-2011
I think he's implying that 21 votes for him is not very many and you failed in your quest to proclaim him the douche of the year. He's OK with 21 people thinking he's a douche. I don't know whether those were your intentions.
:-)

October 25th can't come soon enough.

I can't keep this board shit up.
[Reply]
Page 369 of 726
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379419469 > Last »
Up