ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 270
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:30 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Look at my edit you dumb fuck.

It's a simple question though, and of course you're not answering it.

You could be referring to Hardman or JuJu. I guessed JuJu.
No reason for that. I have been nothing but respectful to you. If you are unable to act like a normal well adjusted adult. Hope you have the day you deserve.

JuJu or Mecole would have filled that role well for a year, 2 at the very most. Making an actual attempt to resign them would have to have been made though. But I have no other info other than JuJu ran away pretty damn fast with Mac Jones being his QB rather than Patrick Mahomes, and Hardman went to place where people here believe he will have a lesser role with higher taxes and living expenses.

Recognizing that it was a down year in FA for WR, recognizing that the draft is not really great at having top tier guys this year that you could assume could step in day 1 digest the playbook as well as being effective in the offense. Recognizing that there are plenty of day 2 guys that may need a year or 2, hence the continuity aspect that was needed just to maintain the WR from being possibly a dumpster fire this year.

KT hasn't had an injury free season since high school. There is no reason to put full assumption into Skyy Moore stepping up. There is no reason to believe that MVS can break his career ceiling. There are a lot of questions and there are a lot of assumptions being made about the present WR's we have and them being able to step up and be successful.

Then what you end up with is putting your eggs in one basket. The DHop, or god forbid the OBJ basket. Those players aren't dumb. They know they can squeeze a little. Chasing a championship? Oh yeah? Bet the Bills, Jets, Patriots all are as well. That puts the Chiefs in a position of not favorable negotiating for them.

That is the position the Chiefs put themselves in with the WR's.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:30 AM 03-23-2023
If the Bills can afford it it's a pretty good move.

Von is about done

Poyer is about done

Hyde is about done

Allen needs more talent around him. It was proof last year he's not good enough to carry a team like Mahomes can.

Diggs is about to erupt if they don't move past the AFC.

Why not trade for Hopkins?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:30 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Skyy is your starter. Deal with it.

Now lets talk about what rookies we can draft to develop behind him.
That depends, if they make a move and end up with someone like Addison or Johnston then that changes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think a solid question is how do so many other teams have so much money to spend while also having high priced players yet we talk about how we don't?
We have 6 players with cap hits over $10 million. And MVS is one of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 03-23-2023
And to downplay James Palmer's reporting is pretty silly. The dude is one of the most plugged in Chiefs sources out there. He spends a lot of time around the team for a national guy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 03-23-2023
I think a solid question is how do so many other teams have so much money to spend while also having high priced players yet we talk about how we don't?
How many other teams are paying their LG 20however much million this year?

I dunno, maybe you shoudl contact the leagues accountant and see whats going on?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:31 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If the Bills can afford it it's a pretty good move.

Von is about done

Poyer is about done

Hyde is about done

Allen needs more talent around him. It was proof last year he's not good enough to carry a team like Mahomes can.

Diggs is about to erupt if they don't move past the AFC.

Why not trade for Hopkins?
They're getting nervous the Jets are passing them...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 03-23-2023
It is just one guy's opinion.
It's not a fucking opinion. It's what he's hearing from the Chiefs.

JFC
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:32 AM 03-23-2023
His name is Skyy Moore.

How come no one likes Skyy Moore anymore?
He's not disliked. He's just unproven at WR in the NFL. They didn't show much trust in him at WR most of 2022. I wish the Steelers didn't beat us to George Pickens, but those are the breaks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We have 6 players with cap hits over $10 million. And MVS is one of them.
How does that compare to other teams? Is there any data out ther on that?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
How many other teams are paying their LG 20however much million this year?

I dunno, maybe you shoudl contact the leagues accountant and see whats going on?
I dunno a ton of teams are paying DE's and CB's a metric shit ton of money while we are not so...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:32 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You can give Juju's snaps to Moore. It's probably what he's suited for.
Right.

Moving on.

Not sure why all of a sudden saying Moore is your starter ( i mean he was drafter in the 2nd round for a reason) has all of a sudden got so many Chiefs fans scared.

Spent all last season telling me how amazing Skyy Moore is and now ya'll so worried about him starting?

Fucking can't win with some of ya'll.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:33 AM 03-23-2023
Landing D Hop is a great move for any team. He is a great WR.

Veach is exploring all options but it has to work. He is not going to fuck over the future for ONE player.

If he can make it work with D Hop or OBJ, he will. If not he will upgrade through the draft and another decent FA WR. AND WE WILL BE FINE!

People speaking in absolutes are just wrong.

"He was never interested in signing a #1" - wrong
"He is not going to get Mahomes any weapons, just like Rodgers" - wrong

"I guess he is really going to rely on Toney to be the #1" - wrong

Veach is looking at every option. Options that we dont even know about.

I would love to land OBJ or D Hop but if we dont, we will have the pleasure of watching Veach get it done some other way. That is also very exciting!

AND WE WILL BE FINE!
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 03-23-2023
I dunno a ton of teams are paying DE's and CB's a metric shit ton of money while we are not so...
Which teams?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:33 AM 03-23-2023
Right.

Moving on.

Not sure why all of a sudden saying Moore is your starter ( i mean he was drafter in the 2nd round for a reason) has all of a sudden got so many Chiefs fans scared.

Spent all last season telling me how amazing Skyy Moore is and now ya'll so worried about him starting?

Fucking can't win with some of ya'll.
I wasn't telling you last season that he was awesome.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 270
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Up