View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 167 of 343
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:33 AM 09-18-2022
I'd rather have a bookend DE opposite Karlaftis next year than a new LT. And we pretty much need our 1st to find one of those.

Frank Clark fucking sucks.
[Reply]
-King- 09:36 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You never even say who you want? What would you give up to get "this" guy.

So it seems the plan is get rid of him. Use most of our draft capital we got in previous trades to move up in a piss poor LT draft? Really?

Some of you are insane. That's never going to happen. We need those draft picks to replenish the team.
Ok we need the money that he's demanding to replenish the team too.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:37 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd rather have a bookend DE opposite Karlaftis next year than a new LT. And we pretty much need our 1st to find one of those.

I think I agree, even if left tackle needs addressed if Brown can't do it.

The only time I can remember Clark getting mentioned against the Chargers is when he rocked Herbert on his first pass after hurting his ribs. Good job on the play, and it was a clean hit, but fucking hell this guy is invisible most of the time he's out there.
[Reply]
-King- 09:40 AM 09-18-2022

Why not both?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:48 AM 09-18-2022
The dominoes would need to fall just right but….

If Brown does not ascend to a degree that matches his salary demands, trade him for the best deal you can get. Move Thuney to left tackle. Get the very best left guard you can get. Thuney is making left tackle money as it is. He’s proved that he can handle left tackle, at least in spot duty. Give him a great left guard to play alongside him, and he can last a season at left tackle. This gives you another year to plan your strategy on obtaining the best left tackle possible. Hopefully in the draft. The strength of the current interior line really helps make this feasible. IMHO.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok we need the money that he's demanding to replenish the team too.
Chiefs have a projected $25.6 million in cap space next year. That’s before cutting Frank ($19.6 million back) and others as well as Patrick restructuring option to give us at least $20 million in cap space.

Our only huge cap numbers next year are Patrick, Thuney and Frank (who will be gone).

Draft picks are always the best option as evidence the last 2 drafts
[Reply]
JPH83 10:28 AM 09-18-2022

Frank Clark ****ing sucks.
They're the first 2 picks, just depends what we get in FA. Probably followed by DT.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 09-18-2022
Why not both?
Oh hey good point. Why not both? Of course! We'll go find a great starting LT AND DE with one late first round pick and some extra garbage we got in the Tyreek trade!

You're a wizard!!!!!
[Reply]
-King- 10:44 AM 09-18-2022
Oh hey good point. Why not both? Of course! We'll go find a great starting LT AND DE with one late first round pick and some extra garbage we got in the Tyreek trade!

You're a wizard!!!!!
Yeah because the draft is the only way to acquire players. Good job.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 09-18-2022

You're a wizard!!!!!
He thinks good/quality starters at premium positions grow on trees.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:10 AM 09-18-2022
Yeah because the draft is the only way to acquire players. Good job.
Didn't we just use one of those alternative ways to find our current starting LT and DE?

How did that work out for us?
[Reply]
-King- 11:20 AM 09-18-2022
Didn't we just use one of those alternative ways to find our current starting LT and DE?

So we can't trade or sign free agents anymore now because of some bad signings? That makes sense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:23 AM 09-18-2022

More to the point is that you shouldn't overpay for the production, in my opinion. Now, OBJ is a decent LT, and if we have to, we could tag him and play him one more time, but I certainly wouldn't pay him top of the market.

It's true that it's easier said than done to replace a decent LT, and may not be possible this off-season if the available talent doesn't allow.

As per your examples, paying OBJ as the highest LT is like paying Clark top of the market. Either is a bad choice.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:28 AM 09-18-2022
I just reject the notion that we have no option but to pay Brown record setting money. He's not an elite player at his position. We just made a deal to trade a player who absolutely is. If Hill wasn't worth it, I don't see how Brown is. But we'll see.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:29 AM 09-18-2022
Based on everything ive seen thus far the dude had a pretty good game.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 343
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Up