ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 55
« First < 3434950515253 5455 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:11 PM 02-24-2021
Another day near 80. Working on pipes under the house and eaten alive by mosquitoes. I thought that 0 degree shit was supposed to kill the bastards.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:47 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Another day near 80. Working on pipes under the house and eaten alive by mosquitoes. I thought that 0 degree shit was supposed to kill the bastards.
heat + water = mosquitos

you need sustained cold to kill them
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:12 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
heat + water = mosquitos

^ This guy would know. Skeeters are the MN state bird.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
^ This guy would know. Skeeters are the MN state bird.
and the size of pterodactyls
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:50 PM 02-24-2021
has anyone ever seen the foliage start to turn while it's still summer? cause that's whats going on here :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:07 AM 02-25-2021
heat + water = mosquitos

It was below freezing all last week. Below 0 for 2 days. This the reason I was under the house repairing pipes.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:10 AM 02-25-2021
It was below freezing all last week. Below 0 for 2 days. This the reason I was under the house repairing pipes.
When he says "sustained", he means decades. And doubt that would kill off the bastards.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:35 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
When he says "sustained", he means decades. And doubt that would kill off the bastards.
Not too many mosquitos from oct-may but come June watch out , with black flies/deer flies and mosquitos starting from end of may till end of June you really can't enjoy the outdoors.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:32 PM 02-25-2021
2 days. hmmm
Attached: Capture.GIF (17.9 KB) 
[Reply]
sedated 04:46 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Parts of Kansas , Northern Missouri and Eastern Nebraska.
Somehow I don't think that omits Iowa (specifically Des Moines).

I've already got tickets to something the weekend of March 6 and your post didn't make me optimistic about being able to make it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:51 PM 02-25-2021
thanks texas...time for you to learn how to be cold

Originally Posted by :
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission launched a formal investigation into sudden spikes in natural gas wholesale prices that forced utilities to pay exorbitant amounts to purchase more supplies of that fuel.

CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy both are working with the PUC and suppliers to find ways to soften the impact, but part of those costs will eventually be passed directly to consumers through the rate setting process.

"It came to our attention that some gas utilities have spent as much as 50 times the price that they usually pay for natural gas," Aditya Ranade, Deputy Minn. Commerce Commissioner for Energy Resources, told KARE.

"So, there is a formal investigation that has now started by the Public Utilities Commission. And the Department of Commerce is assisting in determining what is the extent of the impact."

CenterPoint and Xcel both welcome the investigation, especially considering the price hikes were unprecedented even for a major supply disruption event.

During a presentation to the PUC Tuesday, CenterPoint said one supplier's price for a dekatherm of natural gas shot up from $3 in early February to $263 on February 12 and stayed that way for several days. A dekatherm is one million BTUs, or British Thermal units.

Fortunately, utilities had pre-purchased much of their supply for this winter with locked-in prices to hedge against major disruptions. But the extreme cold blast that descended into midwestern states and wreaked havoc on Texas forced CenterPoint and Xcel to shop for more gas on what's known as the spot market.

CenterPoint and Xcel don't make profits on natural gas but are typically allowed to pass actual costs along to customers. CenterPoint estimated Wednesday the average residential heating customer will pay an extra $250 to $400 for the price shocks unless there's some type of federal intervention. That cost would be spread across 12 months, most likely beginning in September of 2021.

Xcel Energy, in addition to home heating customers, also burns natural gas in several of its power plants. So the Presidents Day price shocks will also raise the cost of producing electricity. How much will be passed along to consumers remains an unknown for now.

"While we expect impacts due to the high natural gas prices during the cold snap, we'll work with our regulators and stakeholders to minimize the effects of those prices on our customers," read a statement from Xcel Wednesday.

Gouging inquiry

In the meantime, US Sen. Tina Smith of Minnesota is calling on the US Dept. of Energy to investigate what appears to her to be a case of price gouging.

"Producers to the spot market I think saw an opportunity, and their prices went up in some cases 100 times what is the typical price," Sen. Smith told KARE Wednesday.

"That is basically a massive transfer of dollars from places like Minnesota into the pockets of natural gas producers in Texas and other places. One CFO said this is a jackpot. But who’s paying for that jackpot? That’s the problem we need to solve here."

Sen. Smith said she's very hopeful the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will step in and run a parallel investigation to what state regulators are doing.

Help with heating bills

The COVID-19 pandemic and accompanying economic crisis have led more families to apply for energy assistance, a federally funded program administered by the Minnesota Dept. of Commerce through local Energy Assistance Providers.

More information about the Low Income Energy Assistance Program is available here.

The phone number for your local assistance provider is:1-800-657-3710

[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:02 PM 02-25-2021
2 days. hmmm
I understand that. There are reasons I live in Texas, and that is one of them.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:04 PM 02-25-2021
I understand that. There are reasons I live in Texas, and that is one of them.
Everyone should spend a year in Minnesota
[Reply]
Eureka 05:13 PM 02-25-2021
Well TX seems to have weather as a drawback to move out there from Cali.

I live in a newer condo that’s very efficient at keeping the temperature just right. I might turn the AC on a couple times a year and rarely turn the heat on. This past week the weather makes me feel like it’s summer time and I can go swimming. I enjoy the dry roads as my sports car is drivable mostly year round. Although, if I want to see snow I have to drive into the mountains.

Some of your posts remind me that Coastal Cali has the best weather anywhere.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:40 PM 02-25-2021
Everyone should spend a year in Minnesota
Why in the fuck would anyone willingly put themselves through that bullshit. Besides, we all have our own shit deal with. #swampass
[Reply]
Page 53 of 55
« First < 3434950515253 5455 >
Up