ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 173
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:04 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ed stool softener with a prune juice chaser. Might help the constipation.
As much as I have been going prior to today, I am baffled as to how I could be constipated, but like I said, it sure felt like I ate a brick whole and didn't chew.
[Reply]
srvy 03:10 PM 08-03-2015
Ive worked on the road so much that eating in greasy spoons and the instant mashed potatoes I keep a bottle of stool sofeners and a bottle of cranberry or prune juice.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:19 PM 08-03-2015
You know that instant mashed potatoes are just that paste stuff we used to make things with in elementary school like models and such! :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:28 PM 08-03-2015
Damn, Ed. That sounds terrible. Will keep praying for you.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:19 PM 08-03-2015
Thinking of you, bud.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
As much as I have been going prior to today, I am baffled as to how I could be constipated, but like I said, it sure felt like I ate a brick whole and didn't chew.
I know less than nothing about what your body is doing but I'd run that by the doctor first thing. Sudden significant physiological changes would worry me.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:31 PM 08-03-2015
I have had that weird excruciating situation before many many years ago and I didn't have cancer then. I have just suffered it twice now this summer. Hopefully, the colon surgeon will fix that right up. 9 more days before they go rooting around in my guts.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:18 PM 08-06-2015
One of my friends from way back in the school days came by to visit me today. He's a man of amazing faith and he leads youth groups, and has taken them to Panama many times to seek out remote villages and distribute Bibles, build schools, homes, and so forth. He prayed over me and praised me for how I have been handling my ordeal. I've never really thought about it like he said, that I am touching people with my faith and trust in God through this mess. But, he is on the outside looking in, so I don't have that perspective since it is happening to me personally.

I am not expecting anything going wrong with my surgery, but I wanted to cover my bases beforehand, so I asked that if I don't make it, would he deliver my eulogy and he said he would be honored. That was one loose end I didn't want to have to think about going into surgery so I am very happy that he came by to see me today.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 01:54 PM 08-06-2015

I am not expecting anything going wrong with my surgery, but I wanted to cover my bases beforehand, so I asked that if I don't make it, would he deliver my eulogy and he said he would be honored. That was one loose end I didn't want to have to think about going into surgery so I am very happy that he came by to see me today.
When is surgery?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:18 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
When is surgery?
August 12th.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:26 PM 08-06-2015
:-)
August 12th.
No shit? So is mine.

Ohio State University Wexner Med center this time. I had all the pre-op stuff yesterday. EKG, bloodwork, ultrasound on my legs to check for clots.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:38 PM 08-06-2015
:-)No shit? So is mine.

Ohio State University Wexner Med center this time. I had all the pre-op stuff yesterday. EKG, bloodwork, ultrasound on my legs to check for clots.
My prep work will consist of magnesium citrate, a big ass bottle of Miralax, and 4 dulcolax tablets. Yay.

I wish you all the best and that this time, that nasty invader stays GONE!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:56 PM 08-06-2015
My prep work will consist of magnesium citrate, a big ass bottle of Miralax, and 4 dulcolax tablets. Yay.

I wish you all the best and that this time, that nasty invader stays GONE!
Yuck. I don't think I could get that down. And thank you, you too!

I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of hospitals and I know way more about medications and cancer treatment than the average person should know. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:06 PM 08-06-2015
Yuck. I don't think I could get that down. And thank you, you too!

I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of hospitals and I know way more about medications and cancer treatment than the average person should know. :-)
Ditto, man, ditto.
[Reply]
srvy 04:30 PM 08-06-2015
Good luck both of you on the upcoming surgery we will be waiting to hear from your when up and around and feeling better. You both will be in my prayers for successful surgery and speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 173
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up