ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:04 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll actually be funny tonight :-)

Oh hell, who am I kidding...
Eh, people have acted like SNL has jumped the shark for 30+ years. The reality is that it's always been about 20% bad, 70% mediocre, and 10% brilliant. It's just that all but the brilliant fade from memory over time, so we constantly think it's worse now than in the past.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:12 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, people have acted like SNL has jumped the shark for 30+ years. The reality is that it's always been about 20% bad, 70% mediocre, and 10% brilliant. It's just that all but the brilliant fade from memory over time, so we constantly think it's worse now than in the past.
Even after vowing to not watch back in 2016, I still catch it more often than not... IMO its worse than ever, if there is even one sketch per episode that gives me a genuine chuckle, thats a good show

Not sure if its the writers, the talent or both

But I would also be a liar if I didn't admit that this current crews need to inject their politics into seemingly every skit is a big part of what turns me off... its always been a liberal show, but these guys are just sooo in your face with it lately
[Reply]
DaFace 02:24 PM 05-08-2021

But I would also be a liar if I didn't admit that this current crews need to inject their politics into seemingly every skit is a big part of what turns me off... its always been a liberal show, but these guys are just sooo in your face with it lately
I can agree with that. I don't really watch live these days and instead just catch the replays of specific sketches on YouTube. It's a lot easier to avoid the blatantly political stuff.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:15 PM 05-08-2021
It’s funny I used to think the show jumped the shark when Keenan Thompson became a cast member. I thought why the hell are they hiring the guy from good burger. Over the years he grew on me and now he’s one of my favorite cast members.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:20 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
It’s funny I used to think the show jumped the shark when Keenan Thompson became a cast member. I thought why the hell are they hiring the guy from good burger. Over the years he grew on me and now he’s one of my favorite cast members.
He's been a rock for years no doubt, a very funny dude

Lets see how this goes tonight, its sure to be weird either way... if there is an actual alien living among us on earth, its Elon Musk

10 minutes...
[Reply]
kstater 09:46 PM 05-08-2021

Yup. I more or less watch weekend update, and that’s about it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:56 PM 05-08-2021
Won't lie, that first bit wasn't half bad
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 PM 05-08-2021
I can agree with that. I don't really watch live these days and instead just catch the replays of specific sketches on YouTube. It's a lot easier to avoid the blatantly political stuff.
The use of youtube helps SNL viewing. You can watch every bit of the show if you like, or move on to the next skit/scenario with a click if a particular bit doesn't appeal to you.

Helps because the continuing draw of SNL is not unlike live sports. Outside the broad parameters, you don't know what is coming next.

Generally, if I catch SNL, it's the morning after on the SNL channel youtube playlist, in the background while I do other Sunday morning things. If something catches my eye, I sit down and pay more attention. Otherwise, I 'get the gist.'
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:11 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Don't you even fucking think of talking bad about Good Burger.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:31 PM 05-08-2021
The baby yoda is funny as hell.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:33 PM 05-08-2021
Baby Yoda for the win :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:50 PM 05-08-2021
Chad was outstanding, best skit of the night

You're going to be a father

No
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:56 PM 05-08-2021
Murdur durdur.

Very good satire of Mare from Easttown

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:49 AM 05-09-2021
This was their best show in a looong time, 3-4 good skits and no politics
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:59 AM 05-09-2021
This was their best show in a looong time, 3-4 good skits and no politics
Guess you missed the weekend update? Wish I would have.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up