ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 46
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
O.city 12:56 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You're starting 3 rookies on a 2 time super bowl team with a half billion dollar QB to protect....this seems like a good idea to you? When we have perfectly good backup vets to mix in with these guys. All because of every fans desire to "play the young guys".

It makes no sense.
You're ok starting lesser players because they have experience?

Wylie at RG and Remmers at RT?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're ok starting lesser players because they have experience?

Wylie at RG and Remmers at RT?
The whole idea is that the guys with experience are BETTER players.

Nobody is suggesting we put lesser players out there just because they have experience. Having experience is part of what makes a vet a potential better option.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The whole idea is that the guys with experience are BETTER players.

Nobody is suggesting we put lesser players out there just because they have experience. Having experience is part of what makes a vet a potential better option.
I know what those guys are though. I've seen Wylie at RG and RT. I've seen Remmers and while he was good at RT there last year, I'm not sure that's something that will carry over.

I don't have a problem if that's who they roll with, I'm just saying roll with whoever is the best players there, experience be damned.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:20 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Humphrey is a 2nd round, highly touted C prospect who started at a high end college in a big offense.

Smith was supposedly a top 50 pick hampered with injury issue. Same with Niang.

It's not like you're starting 3 late round dudes.

Nobody has arguing about the talent. They’re just saying if you have 3 rookies the chances of 1/3 blowing an assignment and competing whiffing goes up exponentially and we have to protect the franchise at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:31 PM 06-10-2021
With Humphrey getting a lot of first team reps, does Blythe get some guard time? It doesn’t seem likely the team would roster two Center-only players. The team has always valued versatility and having Blythe at RG could potentially help Creed get extra eyes on protection calls if he wins the spot.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:14 PM 06-10-2021
I know we got Blythe and Wylie. But word is Long got hurt today. Trey Smith will have a shot at the starting position.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:48 PM 06-10-2021
If Remmers is going to play RT what about Niang to guard?
[Reply]
Jamie 04:14 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Remmers is going to play RT what about Niang to guard?
We have so many decent options at IOL it probably makes more sense to leave him as the swing tackle. On the other hand Andy has always been a best 5 guy, so who knows.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:29 PM 06-10-2021
There's no way Remmers, a career back-up with 30" inch arms beats out Niang unless we just whiffed on the pick entirely.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:52 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's no way Remmers, a career back-up with 30" inch arms beats out Niang unless we just whiffed on the pick entirely.
There's a happy medium between "we have to play this guy day 1, snap 1" and "holy hell this dude can't play at all he's Trezelle Jenkins 2.0"

Remmers is fine to stay at RT for a few weeks/months. Again, Niang hasn't played real football in over 2 years....
[Reply]
staylor26 08:01 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think that a pretty ridiculous thing to say considering Niang hasn’t played football in almost 2 years and Remmers was pretty damn good at RT.

Also, Remmers has started at least 10 games the last 6 years. He’s hardly a career backup.

Obviously it would be nice for Niang to win the job before week 1, but it doesn’t mean anything about his future if he doesn’t.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think that a pretty ridiculous thing to say considering Niang hasn’t played football in almost 2 years and Remmers was pretty damn good at RT.

Also, Remmers has started at least 10 games the last 6 years. He’s hardly a career backup.

Obviously it would be nice for Niang to win the job before week 1, but it doesn’t mean anything about his future if he doesn’t.
what I mean by my statement is that Niang is going to be given every opportunity to win that spot, and I absolutely expect him to do so.

Remmers did okay, but he's not a starting offensive tackle in the NFL. Dude has 30.25" arms!

He's a decent technician but not a talent to be reckoned with.

I don't think it's a tall ask at all for Niang, I really don't. He's rehabbed his injury, and he's worked out and worked on techniques and the offensive terminology for a year. I absolutely expect him to lock down RT.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:14 PM 06-10-2021
I'd have to think the starters out the gate will be

Brown Jr - Thuney - Blythe - Smith - Remmers

Of course, I want Humphrey and Niang in there but I don't think it's logical to expect a bunch of youth right away.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd have to think the starters out the gate will be

Brown Jr - Thuney - Blythe - Smith - Remmers

Of course, I want Humphrey and Niang in there but I don't think it's logical to expect a bunch of youth right away.
Humphrey is already running with the starters for the majority of the time, if not all.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:26 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Humphrey is already running with the starters for the majority of the time, if not all.
Doesn't mean much yet, we'll see where it goes. He could get it and I'm definitely in his corner. I don't fathom them starting two rooks and I'm not all that sure where LDT is at right now, I haven't been following reports too closely nor seen any on him. If Humphrey at OC, I'd have to think it'll be Blythe or LDT at RG over Smith to get started.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 46
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up